PDA

View Full Version : Cyclop-Eeze

Darren's Discus
10-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi,
just wondering if anyone has tried this? If so what are your thoughts.
http://www.cyclop-eeze.com/product_info.php

cheers

Tropical Haven
10-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I have used this with great success with raising angel fry. I used this instead of live brine shrimp and they grew very quickly on this. I know that some people have used this with fish after using live BBS and the fish didn't take well to it but if you use this from the start and the fish start eating it they will love it.

Darren's Discus
10-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Thank's for that Scott.

cheers

pcsb23
10-26-2007, 06:24 PM
It smells!!

Seriously, once I got my discus eating it they developed very vibrant colouring and looked the picture of health, I've not triesd it on young yet!

It did take a long time for them to eat it, and then only sparringly. I have used it in beefheart too.

Darren's Discus
10-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Paul,
I was looking at it as a addiditive to my beefheart,do you still use it in yours ?

cheers

midazolam
10-26-2007, 09:14 PM
I have used this with great success with raising angel fry. I used this instead of live brine shrimp and they grew very quickly on this. I know that some people have used this with fish after using live BBS and the fish didn't take well to it but if you use this from the start and the fish start eating it they will love it.

How much did you feed at a time? Do you think they could hypothetically be used for discus fry?

Tropical Haven
10-26-2007, 10:31 PM
If you want to use this for discus fry I would ground it up into a real fine powder.

This stuff does smell but once your fish start eating it they will grow really quick and it does bring out their colors really nice.

pcsb23
10-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Paul,
I was looking at it as a addiditive to my beefheart,do you still use it in yours ?

cheers
Darren, yes mate I do, though these days I buy Stendker beefheart, I crush and sprinkle the cyclop-eze on it when froze, by the time its thawed its in the beefheart. It smells even more when you crush it :D

cobaltblue
10-30-2007, 02:44 AM
I used it along with BBS for my fry. They ate it up, and grew decently on it.

markstr
11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I have been using the Flake "Wafer" now for a couple of months now. On Juvies and
Sub adults.. Luckly, It didn't take long at all for them to start chowing down on it....
I use it seperate along with other feedings during the day FBWs , Flakes, BH .....
I'm not really sure how to give an honest assestment as far as Coloration, Growth etc..
How do others derive from this??? I have not been doing this long enough to know..
I will say on the Juvies @ 2.5 months now, they are starting to get some nice Coloring
developing (Reds) in particular (LSS) from Kaceyo.............

ShinShin
11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
I tried the wafers (flake) and my discus wouldn't eat it. I then used it as an addition to my salmon/seafood mix.

I use the freeze dried for my show guppies. I intend to get the wafers again for my guppies.

Never used the frozen.

Mat