PDA

View Full Version : Stunting

architect1
10-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Ok fellow Simply pros, I have gotten some stunted 8 month old discus, from a friend, he says there 8 months old but I think there older.

The question I have is if they are truly 8 months old, is it possible to see big eyes? Is it also possible to get them to grow more if there properly taken care of?

hears some pics.

Tropical Haven
10-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Oh yea at 8 months of age you definitely can see big eyes, but if are talking about the ones in your pictures they don't look badly stunted at all. If they at a younger age with truely stunted discus then you still can add size to them if fed properly but they will never reach their true size. On your last picture the discus on the bottom right hand side definitely looks stunted with that diamond shaped body and the really big eyes.

architect1
10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
OK thats good to hear that I can add some size to them. I know the tiny one has grown a bit since i have had him but he may never see 6"s. I love there body shape, and there not narrow in the body.

Thank you for your input and glad to hear I can fix some of the complications in these fish.

Iovino Gennaro
10-28-2007, 06:58 PM
I think that this discus have more than one year...........

architect1
10-29-2007, 02:23 PM
They could be thaqt to, my friend has had them for 8 months and he got them from when they where younger, because he got them 2 months after I got my discus from the same guy. I don't know, in time I will be able to know for sure.

architect1
10-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Ok now if there stunted is it possible for them to lay eggs at 8 months old? Because I got eggs coming out of the one discus?

Darren's Discus
10-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Most unlikely they are 8 months old if they are laying eggs,with good care they should turn out ok !

cheers

architect1
10-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Thank you A1 when I seen the eggs I was most curious about there age. I asked my friend and he said he got them at 2onnie size in feburary, could they be that stunted as babies also?

I have mandarin passion that one stayed 3.5" for the past 2 years I had him and the other grew to about 5" in this past year and he looks pretty decent for a runt.

richiethebing
06-27-2011, 08:42 PM
The little one on the right looks a little stunted to me, but I am no expert.

Sean Buehrle
06-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Those fish dont look real bad ive seen a heck of a lot worse, heck give em lotsa good water and they could turn out fine. That one small one looks kinda rough but the rest arent lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk