PDA

View Full Version : Blue Gold Aquarium in NY

DavidH
10-31-2007, 07:35 PM
I noticed a few of you have been to Blue Gold over the last week or so since they imported some of Petula discus. How's things going? I ordered some Blue Sapphires a week ago.
Today was told they were not ready for shipping because of sickness they were trying to resolve. They were very helpful and honest saying they didn't want to ship sick fish and would I like to wait. Love the fish and would like to buy. Just like some input on how your fish are doing if you bought from them.

Thx Dave

DISCUS USA
11-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I went there 2 seperate times to the store and both times i bought discus.If i saw sickness in any of the discus tank i would of not spent a dollar . All my fish from blue gold are doing well ,, got total 11 fish ,,2 red whites,,6 white palaminos,,and 2 i dont know if they are saphire blues or what lol..but these are the most roundest beautifulest blue discus i ever seen.. they are all doing well eating and swimming care free in my 125 gallon tank.. hth ;)

hector NYC--

DavidH
11-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Thx Hector, guess I'll give them a chance to resolve their problems.
They seemed pretty straight with me.

Dave

BOBT00LS
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Hello Dave. Blue Gold has two different locations where they are keeping these discus. They have a store and a large fish room in their house. Hector got fish from the store and I got mine from the house. Hectors are doing well which leads me to believe that the sickness lies in the filtration system at the house since mine have come down with a little sutton sutton. I think it is best to wait it out since you never know where the discus you are getting are coming from since they are being shipped. If his are doing well and others are not leads me to believe that its not a problem with the discus when they were shipped, but a problem they attained at the Blue Gold house site.

Bob

devonpond
11-01-2007, 05:06 PM
... mine have come down with a little sutton sutton.

Is this Joisy speak??? :)

Can someone translate? :D

BOBT00LS
11-01-2007, 06:19 PM
AHHHH Yes. SOmeone did catch that. Just trying to keep things light here. TRANSLATION : a little something something. I hope that helps. Actually I think its flukes but I have it under control.

Bob

Is this Joisy speak??? :)

Can someone translate? :D

DISCUS USA
11-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Bob thats really weird.. all my fish from Blue Gold are all doing well.. and second time i went a few days ago i saw new fish i didnt see the first time i went 2 weeks ago.. they must of been from stock that was at Mr huangs' house and they seemed fine and where mixed with the existing stock that was at the store they looked fine .. i even took 2 blue saphires few days ago i didnt see the first time i went to the store and they are in top health condition ,,fins up,color normal,eating and swimming carelessly all over tank here .. sorry you having problems .. discus keeping so much more relaxing and fun when the fish are healthy and happy.. how are the fish doing now Bob? any better?

BOBT00LS
11-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey Hector. Blue Gold s fish are doing, well, I guess ok. I havent lost any. Ive got about another 3 days or so to treat. They are active. Alot of excess slime coat. We shall see in a few days when I get the tank fully cleaned, clear and free of meds.

Bob

Discussanctuary
11-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Mr Huang has informed us to let you all know at Simply that he regrets the situation about his current stock from Discus Sanctuary.

He said that due to urgent family matters to attend to he has neglected to do WC at home. As the result, some of the fishes there has fallen sick with some external problems.

He apologizes to Discus Sanctuary for the current condition of the fishes that was received in healthy and good condition. The fishes are on their way to a speedy recovery and they're being kept for a longer period of quarantine to be sure.

He humbly apologizes to everybody and promises take take better care of the next shipment. He would like to thank Hector and Bob for their patience and would love to hear the progress of their new fishes.

SriAngel
11-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Hec,

How are your violet reflections doing? id love to see some recent pix.

Angel

BOBT00LS
11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info Petula. I guees I was correct in my assumption about the sick discus coming from the house setup. I commend Mr Haung for stepping up and admiting that the home based fish were neglected but wish I had known that before I selected mine from that source. It would have been just as easy to go to the store only a few blocks away to select mine. Now Im just hoping that mine make it through this with no ill effects not to mention the extra care, medications, and tank maintenance to get through this.

Bob

DISCUS USA
11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Hec,

How are your violet reflections doing? id love to see some recent pix.

Angel

Angel i sent you a pm..

tinsel town tommy
11-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the info Petula. I guees I was correct in my assumption about the sick discus coming from the house setup. I commend Mr Haung for stepping up and admiting that the home based fish were neglected but wish I had known that before I selected mine from that source. It would have been just as easy to go to the store only a few blocks away to select mine. Now Im just hoping that mine make it through this with no ill effects not to mention the extra care, medications, and tank maintenance to get through this.

Bob

Any pics Bob. Would be helpful at this point. Did they develop any secondary infections? Did you continue the Acraflavine even till today?
Tommy

BOBT00LS
11-04-2007, 11:09 PM
TOMMY I SENT YOU A PM.

BOB

BOBT00LS
11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Today I lost one of them. It was found dead this morning. Upon finding this I moved the rest of them to a cycled 20 gallon tank which was cleaner and medication free. I figured dosing meds would be alot easier in this then the 75 they were in. They seemed to be doing alot better almost immediately after transfering them. I medicated them with Maracyn (day 4) . Before transfering them, 3 of them were very dark blue/green and began to lighten up quickly. Pictures of them are listed below. The first being the one I found dead this morning.

Bob

BOBT00LS
11-05-2007, 04:02 PM
A few more pics. The last two are what they looked like before they got sick.

Bob

tinsel town tommy
11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Unfortunate. Notice the shrinking around the head and linear line. Oh yes, very telling. Also i have thought a few times that this problem is the result of some artifical coloring agents effects on the spleen which controls critical protective responces in the immune system. Of course i have never done a critical study to determine this. But. I have never seen this type of disease complex in good old home grown discus. Most regular hobbyists do not use coloring agents at least to the best of my knowledge. Part of the excitment is waiting ten months to see what you really got or even longer.

Any who

Tommy

DISCUS USA
11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Coloring agents? so thats why they are sick?hormones taking their toll? speak up clearly ..

Funny i got the same fish here that bob has and they are all fine .. so theres a conspiracy against Bob having healthy fish but not Hector??

Stop being ridiculous.. i see same look around the head from german discus so according to your logic german discus are hormoned too??

Seems theres some haters in here dont want to see Discus Sanctuary shine.. im not mentioning no names but you know who you are.. ;)

Discus-Hans
11-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Bob hope you get them okay, they are nice fish.

Looks like your in good hands with Tommy

Hector better don't give any advice you have a sick personal problem what Bob not need at the moment,

Hans

DISCUS USA
11-06-2007, 01:59 AM
Hector better don't give any advice you have a sick personal problem what Bob not need at the moment,

Hans

Just wondering.. Hans why dont you help Bob directly since you seem to care about him so much?

Discus-Hans
11-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Very easy, because I just saw this post and it doesn't help Bob (or his fish) much to give 20 differend opinions, he started out with other medications as I would use (would stay with salt and NO temp. raise)

Looks like Tommy has some experiance with this so I think (hope) he's in good hands,

Hans

DISCUS USA
11-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Very easy, because I just saw this post and it doesn't help Bob (or his fish) much to give 20 differend opinions, he started out with other medications as I would use (would stay with salt and NO temp. raise)

Looks like Tommy has some experiance with this so I think (hope) he's in good hands,

Hans

So your post taking shots at me helps Bob?? in what way tell me because i havent been into discus as long as you Hans i want to learn .

Discus-Hans
11-06-2007, 02:57 AM
So your post taking shots at me helps Bob?? in what way tell me because i havent been into discus as long as you Hans i want to learn .

I can't learn you anything Hector.

Bob hope your fish come trough this,
Hans

aquaparadise
11-06-2007, 05:01 AM
Hi there,

My personal opinion to treat this disease. Turn on the heater up to 35degrees and treat it with antibiodtic such as CTC and salt.
I'm sure you they will recover very fast.

brewmaster15
11-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Okay Guys,
Lets not let too much personals into this thread...please.:)

Bob,
You have my number if you need any help or advice.

good luck,
al

Kindredspirit
11-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Seems theres some haters in here dont want to see Discus Sanctuary shine.. im not mentioning no names but you know who you are.. ;)

Hector come on now.....do I have to come there?:D lol! Hey, now don't smack me okay? But....

You have only had your fish for 6 days, correct? Isn't the waiting period to see if they start trippin 3 weeks?

And ~

You know....you know you would be right here if your Discus came down with something and as far as the hormone thingy goes that Tommy mentioned...."artificial coloring agents"....

Listen. Pay attention. And don't be so defensive.....Ya just never know about these things.....:)

Try? For me? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

Bob! I am so sorry you are going through this, Sir!:( Hang in there and try to keep your hands out of all your tanks ~ watch your step now.:)

BOBT00LS
11-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Once again I would like to thank you all for the great support on this site. The discus are certainly more active. Ive received alot of suggestions through the posts and PM's and am acting accordingly. As I stated earlier these discus are in a smaller tank now where dosing meds and observation is alot more manageable. I would not wish this on anyones fish but its always a learning process keeping discus. Hey it could be worse if my Hawaiian WB's had this. Thanks again to all and Ill keep you updated.

Bob

Tommy, Thanks for all your advice. You know your stuff about these fish and am glad you replyed to my posts.

AL, Thanks for allowing me open lines of communication with you phone number. When and if the time comes that I need to call Im sure I will.

Hans, ThankYou for your well wishes and concerns about my discus. I have been given lots of advice to aid them in recovery. Your posting and concerns alone are appreciated.

Hector, Im glad your discus are doing well. Everyone here has an opinion and is entitled to it. The main thing is that your discus look great and are well. As i said earlier I would not wish this on anyone. Good Luck with your beauties.

Marie, Thank You for your well wishes also. Its always good to get a reply from you because if Kinderedspirit has posted you know its worth reading. I will be sure to keep my hands out of the tanks also.

tinsel town tommy
11-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Once again I would like to thank you all for the great support on this site. The discus are certainly more active. Ive received alot of suggestions through the posts and PM's and am acting accordingly. As I stated earlier these discus are in a smaller tank now where dosing meds and observation is alot more manageable. I would not wish this on anyones fish but its always a learning process keeping discus. Hey it could be worse if my Hawaiian WB's had this. Thanks again to all and Ill keep you updated.

Bob

Tommy, Thanks for all your advice. You know your stuff about these fish and am glad you replyed to my posts.

AL, Thanks for allowing me open lines of communication with you phone number. When and if the time comes that I need to call Im sure I will.

Hans, ThankYou for your well wishes and concerns about my discus. I have been given lots of advice to aid them in recovery. Your posting and concerns alone are appreciated.

Hector, Im glad your discus are doing well. Everyone here has an opinion and is entitled to it. The main thing is that your discus look great and are well. As i said earlier I would not wish this on anyone. Good Luck with your beauties.

Marie, Thank You for your well wishes also. Its always good to get a reply from you because if Kinderedspirit has posted you know its worth reading. I will be sure to keep my hands out of the tanks also.

Well done there Bob. Spoken like a good and humble human being. Very refreshing.

Tommy

DISCUS USA
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I can't learn you anything Hector.

Bob hope your fish come trough this,
Hans

Im going to leave it alone because i respect this forum too much but you are the one started taking personal shots at me first,,next time instead of entertaining your bs just because you are a sponsor im going to the administration here Hans im tired of you picking on me on forums just because you put money in forums pockets dont mean you should be able to start stuff with members !!

brewmaster15
11-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Tinsel Town Tommy has been banned.

There was alot of evidence that he had been banned here under several other user names..... American Breeder, discus monk, mark Fleishman...etc.

Bob,
Please contact me if you want help with these fish.

Thanks,
al