PDA

View Full Version : eheim pro 2

Dolphin Dip
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
i'm issues setting up my new eheim... :confused:
everytime i prime it, it wil flow for about 5 seconds then go back to idle... i can't figure out what's wrong... anyone have any thoughts?

crazie.eddie
11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Any kinks in the hose? How long are the hoses?

Harriett
02-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this post a couple months ago or I would have responded with my own paleolithic solution. I used an Eheim Pro II as an additional filter on my 180 planted until very recently. The problem you described I also had every time I turned the Eheim off when I did big water changes [weekly]. To get it going again took a whole lot of priming which felt like I was conducting CPR on a dead guy....AND didn't get it going. What I finally did one day out of frustration after priming over and over, was to just shake the damn thing vigorously from side to side a couple times, which pushed through what I assume was an air lock in the canister. Then I would prime a little more [or not, sometimes] and I would get it moving again. I had to do this everytime I turned that filter off....as I said in another post, that baloney became a thing of the past when I switched to Cascade canister filters for my tanks. You turn them off they stop and turn them on they go; no tantrums.
Best regards
Harriett

alpine
02-20-2008, 06:52 PM
David, make sure you lubricate the O ring on top well, otherwise priming becomes a Pain in the B... It is a Great filter.
Roberto.