PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help me identify.

two utes
11-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Hi there. Over six weeks ago l set up a planted tank, and just today obtained some juvinille (50mm) discus for it.Please excuse the poor photos from my phone of the adult parents. Could some one please confirm what sorts they are????
Photos 1 & 2.....Solid Pidgon Blood?
Photo 3............7 Bar Blue Torquise?
Photo 4............14 Bar Blue Snake Skin?
Photo 5............Patern Pidgon Blood?

Your help would be greatly appreciated

jeep
11-17-2007, 03:04 AM
Photos 1 & 2.....Solid Pidgon Blood?IMO, Golden PB... not "solid" because it has striations...

Photo 3............7 Bar Blue Torquise?
7 bar turk??? :confused::confused::confused: I don't see any bars but it looks like a turk cross or a wild cross... a trowback with nice potential!!
Photo 4............14 Bar Blue Snake Skin?
I only see 8 bars and no facial pattern... Looks like a cobalt :o
Photo 5............Patern Pidgon Blood?
Never heard that term, but it looks like a Blue PB...

two utes
11-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi there Jeep thanks for your prompt reply. As you may gather l have no idea, just posted some names that l heard thrown around while l was there. Do they look O.K to you? Once the young ones venture out from among the plants l'll take some better pictures of them for you to see.

Thanking you.

Joe

jeep
11-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Do they look O.K to you?

Well, it's kind of hard to really judge them because the photo's aren't all that great. But all in all I think you have some pretty decent fish.

In the Golden line, which are among my favorite in the PB family, I'd like to see more of a solid body with less striations... But then again, I'm very picky when it comes to my fish :)

architect1
11-17-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure I just wanted to say there beautiful.

two utes
11-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to raiseing these fish, and was wondering if they have any potential. Thanks again for your feed back. I'm glad to have discus back in my tank after many year of it sitting there epmty.

two utes
11-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Here are some pictures of the juvinille fish l bought.They are approx'4 to 5 months old. Man is it hard to take a clear shot of a fish. Are the black patches/spots, what you guys call peppering? I would really appreciate any info you guys can give me on these fish. Thanks!

Darren's Discus
11-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi joe,
mate did you come up my way ?Looks like you got some hungry little bellies their ! Joe mate you should take up our challenge we have going on,check out the general discussion area.

cheers

two utes
11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi Darren. I'll be up there on the 11th. So you think l should be feeding them better? I'm very concerned about over feeding since its hard to clean up left overs. your opinion is greatly appreciated, and any hints will be taked on board. Look forward to catching up with you in Townsville soon.

Darren's Discus
11-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Joe,
i just meant juvies like to eat !

cheers

grelot
12-01-2007, 07:25 PM
yes this is what we call pepper.

two utes
12-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Is it going to stay there for good, or will they grow out of it? What causes it?

two utes
12-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Some time has passed now since l set up my planted tank, and l put a mixture of 8 juviniles in it with some tank buddies. May be some of you may be able to identify them now?
Unfortunatly l lost one of the discus within ten days, the rest seem to be doing not bad for now.They are about 5 months old now, and have grown quite a bit since l got them.
I have picked up alot of pointers here, not only on how to care for my discus, but to take better photos as well. I am slowly improving. I would like to share some picture of my set up with you.:)

RockRiverfish
12-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Great job on the aquascaping. I really like how you combined materials (rock, driftwood, plants), it has a very natural look.

tonymaccs
12-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Nice pictures Joe, and a very nicely landscaped tank. Looks like you've got the water nice and clear. How easy are you finding it to keep clean with the juvies and feeding regime?
Tony

Darren's Discus
12-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Joe,
great looking planted tank,looks very peaceful.

cheers

wbzorker
12-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Wow! Your tank and fish are incredible. I had no idea that the discus colors would change so much.

Well Done!

two utes
12-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks Everyone...much appreciated.
Tony, its hard trying to feed them alot without having lots of scraps in among plants and gravel. So, l feed them little amounts often, sometimes a dozen times a day. When l do water changes every second day l use a gravel vacum to suck up scraps. It's still early days, and hope l won't have any problems.:)