PDA

View Full Version : Pondmaster pump question

KJoFan
11-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I acquired a used PondMaster pump awhile back that has a broken impeller. I ordered a replacement impeller and am now getting around to fixing it and putting it to use. My problem is that I can't get the old impeller out. The "fan" portion is broke off but there is still enough there for me to get a hold of with a pair of pliers, but no matter how much it gets pulled it won't let go. It doesn't even turn within the housing. I've read that if they sit for long periods unused they can build up a crust. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to get the old impeller out?

Thanks

JasonE
11-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Might try some CLR or some other de-limer if mineral deposits are what is holding it in there.

wilddiscuss
11-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Soak in bleach and water you don't know what's in CLR that could hurt your fish. Bleach can be taken out with Amquel or anything like it. Try that or all Pondmaster pumps come with a 3 year warrenty on them. See if you have a reciept.... If so they will fix or replace it for free.

HTH,
Todd

crazie.eddie
02-03-2008, 03:44 PM
CLR should be safe. CLR is used to clean out coffee pots. Just make sure you thoroughly rinse it. The only place I wouldn't use CLR is any place that it might get soaked or seep in, like a tanks aquarium silicone.