PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing USA fish in Canada?

Rogerthedodger
11-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Just wondering if it is possible to order fish from a breeder in the USA and have them shipped to Ontario? Any info apprieciated.

Thanks,

Roger

Elite Aquaria
11-27-2007, 01:02 AM
I just sent you a PM

April
11-27-2007, 02:18 AM
if the shipper has a known shipper status...some can..some cant. or you can drive across the border and pickup . i do it all the time. but im right on the border.

GulfCoastDiscus
11-29-2007, 09:22 AM
if the shipper has a known shipper status...some can..some cant. or you can drive across the border and pickup . i do it all the time. but im right on the border.

Hi April,
What are the requirments of the buyer in Canada needs to pick up the fish at the airport?

Graham
11-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Dan as long as the receiver is just a hobbyist and not a retailer we don't need anything. All we have to do is clear them through Customs and pay the sales tax on them...that it.

Retailers need a bit more paper work but there are no import permits or anything like that; that we have to get here....

You have more work sending them to us than we do receiving them

Discus-Hans
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Best is to contact Cary from Great Lake Discus or Choice, he can work out things for you.

We ship to a FedEx hold on location in USA (at the border) and customer goes over and pick them up, like April said.

Dan, offical it has to go from here to Canada by Fish & Wild life (export)

Hans

Barb Newell
12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Here in Canada, we go to cargo at the airport, I go to Toronto International, pick up papers at one office, then head to customs, if you're a hobbyist we pay G & P on the shipment, then return with the papers to the cargo bay, get them stamped, then pick up your fish.

Barb