PDA

View Full Version : TwoFishGuyz.com?

harris611
12-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Does anyone have experience with them? They don't ship, but I am in St. Louis and could drive to Chicago. They distribute Stendker and look pretty good -- but wanted any insight you guys may have.

Thanks!

DiscusOnly
12-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I've traded a few emails with them recently. They are located in a town near where I grew up and I had plan to be out there in the next few weeks. I told them that I would love to stop by and see what they got. I may be wrong but I think they are pretty new to selling Discus and recently pop up in aquabid and ebay.

BTW. Pictures means nothing. I've seen pics of Discus on Aquabid and check them out in person. They are not always the same. My experience (not that much) with Discus has been you have to see how the Discus behaves in person to get an idea of what you are getting. For a reputable Discus seller, their past history speaks for themselves but there are so many folks selling Discus knowing very little about it.

Updated: I just realize that you are asking about twofishguyz.com which turns out to be the same folks that I described above. The twofishguyz advertise in AQ do ship.

devonpond
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
They don't ship, ...and could drive to Chicago.

The people I know of by this name are out of York PA and do ship.

from DiscusHans site: (http://www.discus-hans-usa.com/)

Two Fish Guyz.com
2240 Carlisle Road
York, PA. 17408
Phone: 717-858-2811

BOBT00LS
12-05-2007, 06:12 PM
They are located in York, Pennsylvania and they do ship. I know first hand as I purchased a few from them. I will be able to let you know how they are tomorrow evening as they are to be delivered tomorrow.

Bob

BOBT00LS
12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
From what I understand they do not live to far from Hans's place and they go there to hand select their stock.

Bob

MaryPa
12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I live near them and can vouch for their fish. All their Discus are from Han`s and the other cichlids are almost as pretty. Great young men to deal with. They get this granny`s stamp of approval.

BOBT00LS
12-10-2007, 12:06 AM
My order from TwoFishGuyz arrived safely and they were packed very well. I got four Stendker Silver Pigeons and was very happy with my order. I know they are not a sponser here although Hans is. TwoFishGuyz is one of Hans dealers. Two Thumbs up Hans on just another nice looking group of discus.

Bob

cturner
12-21-2007, 01:14 PM
I have bought my new discus from TwoFishGuyz in the last 2 weeks. Ryan is a great guy. He does hand pick them from Discus Hans's facility. He also has other cichlids, tetras and cories for sale.

Here are some of the new little ones that I got from Ryan (please disregard the date on photos)...

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/cturner324/90%20gallon%20discus/?action=view&current=DISCUS008.jpg

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/cturner324/90%20gallon%20discus/?action=view&current=DISCUS010.jpg

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/cturner324/90%20gallon%20discus/?action=view&current=DISCUS006.jpg

DallasDBA
12-23-2007, 01:06 PM
I just bought an array of discus from TwoFishGuyz. I have had them for a couple of days now. The good news first... They are all eating and healthy. Out of 10 discus, 1 has very nice color, 2 or 3 have nice color and the remaining 6 or 7... Well I will give them more time to decide if they belong in my tanks...

The problem I had with these guys was based on size ranges. For example a 3" Brilliant blue may have been 2.6" long. The 2.5" to 3" Brilliant Turquoises measured between 2" and 2.5". My point is that I paid for certain size ranges and got the next size smaller, effectively overpaying for the discus.

Anyway I emailed the company on the discrepancy with a photo of a sample beside a ruler as a benchmark and got the response “Our sizes are approximate. They are not guaranteed.” And “Your picture is of a fish that has just arrived with at least a quarter of an inch of the mouth in front of the tape.” and that “These are quality fish and you will be very happy with them.

I would gladly give a copy of the picture to anyone interested, assuming that is allowed in this forum.. Anyway, I filed a paypal dispute and placed my feedback on the bid site where I purchased the fish. I got an angry call almost immediately. I agreed to absorb half of the overcharge in exchange for them refunding half to me. I also intended to raise the evaluation, since they were doing a partial refund. After we had the conversation though, they filed a retaliatory feedback against me. Since my feedback was honest and they had been so difficult, I decided to let the feedback stand. I was bothered by this and sent an email to “Hans”.. Parts of his response follow:

“That you file a protest and give negative feedback for those reasons is complete ridiculous.”
And “There is only one negative point I've with how TwoFishguyz handled this whole situation and that is that he refunded you money on the complains you had, he really did you a favor you really never would have had from me,”

Anyway, he also disputed the photo, but the camera does not lie...

Well, anyway, so far it is still better than my experiance with AnythingPhishy.. What I have learned is that I should not buy any Discus that I can not inspect. The whole buying via the internet does not work for me. Out of the probably $1,500 I spent so far, have found only 1 internet dealer that I would endorse completely and I do not think he is even operating any more.

Unfortunatley, with no supply available, that means that I may have to give up on Discus after 30 years of loving/Keeping these fish.

Discus-Hans
12-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I just bought an array of discus from TwoFishGuyz. I have had them for a couple of days now. The good news first... They are all eating and healthy. Out of 10 discus, 1 has very nice color, 2 or 3 have nice color and the remaining 6 or 7... Well I will give them more time to decide if they belong in my tanks...

The problem I had with these guys was based on size ranges. For example a 3" Brilliant blue may have been 2.6" long. The 2.5" to 3" Brilliant Turquoises measured between 2" and 2.5". My point is that I paid for certain size ranges and got the next size smaller, effectively overpaying for the discus.

Anyway I emailed the company on the discrepancy with a photo of a sample beside a ruler as a benchmark and got the response “Our sizes are approximate. They are not guaranteed.” And “Your picture is of a fish that has just arrived with at least a quarter of an inch of the mouth in front of the tape.” and that “These are quality fish and you will be very happy with them.

I would gladly give a copy of the picture to anyone interested, assuming that is allowed in this forum.. Anyway, I filed a paypal dispute and placed my feedback on the bid site where I purchased the fish. I got an angry call almost immediately. I agreed to absorb half of the overcharge in exchange for them refunding half to me. I also intended to raise the evaluation, since they were doing a partial refund. After we had the conversation though, they filed a retaliatory feedback against me. Since my feedback was honest and they had been so difficult, I decided to let the feedback stand. I was bothered by this and sent an email to “Hans”.. Parts of his response follow:

“That you file a protest and give negative feedback for those reasons is complete ridiculous.”
And “There is only one negative point I've with how TwoFishguyz handled this whole situation and that is that he refunded you money on the complains you had, he really did you a favor you really never would have had from me,”

Anyway, he also disputed the photo, but the camera does not lie...

Well, anyway, so far it is still better than my experiance with AnythingPhishy.. What I have learned is that I should not buy any Discus that I can not inspect. The whole buying via the internet does not work for me. Out of the probably $1,500 I spent so far, have found only 1 internet dealer that I would endorse completely and I do not think he is even operating any more.

Unfortunatley, with no supply available, that means that I may have to give up on Discus after 30 years of loving/Keeping these fish.

Picture send to me and customr comments they had not much color,

duuuuhhhhh Discus are 2.5 to 3" so young fish (and sold as that)

Hans

MaryPa
12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh my lands!!!!! I buy tiny Discus from one of Han`s dealers ( Hampstead Maryland )and they grow fast and color up nicely. They`ll get that much size growth in no time if fed well and given lots of water changes. I find all of my Han`s Discus to be simple lovely !!!!!!!;) They`re addictive.:D

DallasDBA
12-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I have to thank Hans for posting the picture. The part he was wrong about was that he said it was sold as a 2.5 to 3" discus. Not true and he knows that. Is was sold as a 3" discus. I am amused buy Han's comments. Not what I would call customer service....

DallasDBA
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks Mikscus, I wil look at Kenny's Discus if I stay with the Discus thing. Does everyone else agree that Kenny' Discus is a good place to buy?

Also, to those who mentioned the the discus will get better with age, I agree with you.. All I am saying is that the best discus's I own already showed well at 3". As for the steroids some have mentioned, I know some of that is out there. I have been lucky that the best small discuses I have obtained started very good, did not lose their color (Steroids fade after a while) and only got better with age.

My question is why we never hear from twofishguyz? They are registered members here since the beginning of Dec this year. I also dont like that sellers dont show you actual pictures of the fish you are buying. Those fancy photos on the site are nice but a false representation of what you may end up with after buying. They already have a statement on the site that

There are many reputable dealers that will not respond in such a manner. Try Kennys Discus here on simply. If you purchase 3" fish, you should get 3" fish depending on SL or TL. Another good bit of advise already given....stay off of aquabid.

Note: Discus sizes are not guaranteed. Occaisonally a discus may be smaller or larger than the size listed. Typically all discus will be within a quarter of an inch of the listed size. We will not refund or replace any discus that is within .5" of the listed size. Please rest assured we are in business to sell quality fish and not to rip our customers off.

If you cant guarantee sizes, why advertise them that way? Within a half inch?

brewmaster15
12-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I've editted out all the comments that were not first hand experiences with twofishguys.com ......

This section of the board is strictly a review board....state your first hand experience with the seller...not a commentary on what you think of other peoples stated experiences..

from the rules members agree on to access this section...

All product or livestock information posted in this section must be provided by the reviewing member, based upon that member's personal experience.

Thank you,
al

RandalB
12-23-2007, 11:31 PM
This section of the board is strictly a review board....state your first hand experience with the seller...not a commentary on what you think of other peoples stated experiences..

What part of this didn't sink in? If you don't have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with this seller DON'T POST HERE.

You have something to say to someone in this thread or an opinion on the whole thing? That's what PM's and Emails are for.

Be Good or Be Gone

The Simplydiscus.com Team
:mods:

gta333
12-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I have got fish from both of the sellers they are taking about. What parts of my messages are deserving to be excluded. I thought these was a review section on sellers. You guys get a little to touchy when others make their comments. Since I did have experiance with both sellers what did I do wrong? I quess I will keep my opinions to myself. Merry Christmas Gary

BOBT00LS
12-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Hello Dallas. As you can see by my earlier post on this thread, I have purchased from Twofishguyz. The four I purchased came in slightly undersize but not worth complaining about. I can say that mine are growing well as Im sure yours will as well. Give them time and Im sure they will color up and grow quick. From my experience, Ryan and Hans are good people offering quality discus. Now please do not get angry with me as I can only comment on my personal experience.

Bob

RandalB
12-24-2007, 05:30 PM
.. What parts of my messages are deserving to be excluded...

The parts where you don't comment on your personal experience; which includes your last post. Do it again and you're gone.

The Simplydiscus.com Team

TwoFishGuyz
12-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Someone earlier had some comments...

"My question is why we never hear from twofishguyz?"
- We like to let these message boards play out as they will. If you want a response from us, please send us a private message.

"I also dont like that sellers dont show you actual pictures of the fish you are buying."
- The photos of discus on our site are stock photos from Han's site. It would be way too time consuming to take a picture of every single fish we ship.

"If you cant guarantee sizes, why advertise them that way?"
- That is how they are listed by our dealer and that is how we sell them. Just like we aren't going to take a picture of every fish that comes through, we are also not going to measure every fish that comes through. Sometimes a fish may be smaller or larger than the listed size, that's just the nature of the beast. To avoid this problem, we are developing a new storefront on our site and we will be listing the discus sizes as small, medium, large, etc.

We would also never resort to filing "retaliatory feedback" just to be rude. We have only ever given one negative feedback to a customer EVER and the comment was accurate.

Sam

DallasDBA
12-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Of course there is no reason to get angry, I value your input. Sounds like you have had better luck than I have with these two fish peddlers. If mine were only slightly undersized, I would not have likely noticed. The reason I measured them is they were dramatically undersized and as you say, it is difficult to tell about color when they are very small. That is why I never purchase or order discus as small as Hans / Twofishuyz shipped. It has been over a week and they are eating and growing. Again too early to tell, but it looks like I got 3 keepers out of 10 fish... Not quite what I was expecting from "Stendker Discus". I would suggest to those following the thread to boycott Hans and TwoFishGuyz based off this issue and the general customer service.

I have received other

Hello Dallas. As you can see by my earlier
post on this thread, I have purchased from Twofishguyz. The four I purchased came in slightly undersize but not worth complaining about. I can say that mine are growing well as Im sure yours will as well. Give them time and Im sure they will color up and grow quick. From my experience, Ryan and Hans are good people offering quality discus. Now please do not get angry with me as I can only comment on my personal experience.

Bob

Discus-Hans
12-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Of course there is no reason to get angry, I value your input. Sounds like you have had better luck than I have with these two fish peddlers. If mine were only slightly undersized, I would not have likely noticed. The reason I measured them is they were dramatically undersized and as you say, it is difficult to tell about color when they are very small. That is why I never purchase or order discus as small as Hans / Twofishuyz shipped. It has been over a week and they are eating and growing. Again too early to tell, but it looks like I got 3 keepers out of 10 fish... Not quite what I was expecting from "Stendker Discus". I would suggest to those following the thread to boycott Hans and TwoFishGuyz based off this issue and the general customer service.

I have received other

You know what............I don't even feel the need to reply to that.

Hans

BevN
12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I have had dealings personally with Ryan as I'm fortunate to be very close.

I got my 8 discus from Ryan that are from the very first batch that he got from Hans. I was totally impressed with the obvious good health, color and shape. The ones I got were in the 2.5 to 3 inch range, which as anyone that has been in any aspect of the fish business knows is just an approximation. Seriously....we do put a stick to horses to measure height but never thought to "stick" a fish. :D

Will they all be show quality, worthy of breeding? That, as you all know remains to be seen. There is a reason that you all do not rate juvies. A lot depends on the care that I give them into adulthood. Even the best of genetics will not produce absolute perfection with each and every offspring.

Having met Ryan and dealt with him several times I can tell you there is nothing underhanded or dishonest about the way he conducts business. This is another grandma that gives him a seal of approval. I still have 8 healthy, growing discus and would recommend Hans and Twofishguyz.com to anyone.

Bev Newcomer

DallasDBA
01-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Perhaps you could post pictures of your specimens.. I will eventually post pictures of what I received when they get to 3 1/2" as well as pictures of specimens I already have. At that point if they are not showing color, they probably will not ever be good specimens.

As for my dealings with Ryan, they mostly involved him screaming at me on the phone, while I tried to calm him down and resolve the discrepancy, so you can see I had a different experience than you did.

My Avatar is a picture of one of my favorites, though I have others that are probably more show quality, so you get the idea of what quality I had obtained from DALLASDISCUS.com (and other sources) prior to this. If they always had stock on hand I would buy exclusively from him, but unfortunately, he has a small operation run out of his garage and I wanted more variety than he currently has on hand.

I have had dealings personally with Ryan as I'm fortunate to be very close.

I got my 8 discus from Ryan that are from the very first batch that he got from Hans. I was totally impressed with the obvious good health, color and shape. The ones I got were in the 2.5 to 3 inch range, which as anyone that has been in any aspect of the fish business knows is just an approximation. Seriously....we do put a stick to horses to measure height but never thought to "stick" a fish. :D

Will they all be show quality, worthy of breeding? That, as you all know remains to be seen. There is a reason that you all do not rate juvies. A lot depends on the care that I give them into adulthood. Even the best of genetics will not produce absolute perfection with each and every offspring.

Having met Ryan and dealt with him several times I can tell you there is nothing underhanded or dishonest about the way he conducts business. This is another grandma that gives him a seal of approval. I still have 8 healthy, growing discus and would recommend Hans and Twofishguyz.com to anyone.

Bev Newcomer

clogwood
03-11-2008, 11:35 PM
i received a few discus from Twofishguyz about two weeks ago and they were at least as large as stated on ther site.Plus the apisto pairs I purchased were in excellent shape and already displaying breeding behavior.Having purchased fish online for years was very impressed with the fish I received. They also were quick with returning e-mails and answering questions.
My personal experience with them has been very satisfying and would definitly buy from them again.

DallasDBA
03-20-2008, 05:24 PM
I had long forgotten about my purchase from 2 fish guys. It has now been 3 months and all but one have survived. I said I might get 3 keepers out of the lot.. Now that they have colored up a bit, I am confident only 3 are keepers. Growth has been much slower than the Asian discus they share a tank with and they are now all over 2.5" with the largest between 3 and 3.25", so they have reached the sizes I originally ordered. I have not been on the forum since December, so I was surprised to get an angry email from the merchant. I will post it here and let everyone decide what to think for themselves. If you go through my posts, none of their accusations have anything to do with me. As for being from Virginia, my user ID is DallasDBA, so where would I be from? Possibly Dallas:

Hello Kyle,

I hope you understand you are not hurting our business by your constant attempts to bash us on whatever avenue you can find to listen. It shows that you must not have much going on in your life that you feel the need to still be upset over a quarter of an inch of a fish. Please state the truth on the posts you have been fabricating. Just like you are not from Virginia, your fish were not dead or sickly when you received them. If they were smaller that advertised so be it. I have apologized and given a partial refund. You will not be getting anything else from us. Please grow up. I don't even know why I bother to write this as your nature is to try to be a spitefull, and petty but your attempts are childish at best. I am sorry that you feel the need to continue to dwell on this issue.

Have a nice day,

Ryan and Sam
www.TwoFishGuyz.com

TwoFishGuyz
03-22-2008, 09:45 PM
As for this latest reply by Kyle, this was in regards to his posts on sites other than Simply. They were the pissed consumer.com and ripoff report and other sites like those. We have only had an issue with one customer. We follow up with every single transaction when the fish arrive. So I assure it is Mr. Fredirico posting these statements about our company. It just gets a bit frustrating to see that this one individual is constantly slandering our name. I made a mistake to even reply to his efforts. But sometimes you just need to speak your mind. In the future there will be no more comments from us on this issue. Our customers know our character and our ethical approach to our business practices. Here are links to what we are talking about. We have never sold fish to anyone in Alexandria, Virgina EVER!! So I wonder who this might be. That is all I have to say.

Ryan
www.TwoFishGuyz.com

www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/304/RipOff0304223.htm - 39k -

twofishguyz-com.pissedconsumer.com/twofishguyz-com-rips-their-customers-off-20080311115132.html - 75k -

DallasDBA
03-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Ryan has some kind of reality problem? These are not my posts. they are from other customers.

Ryan, as you know I am not from Virginia..

ShinShin
03-24-2008, 06:08 PM
As stated by myself in another TwoFishGuyz thread, I purchased several prs. of dwarf cichlids from them. Really nice fish. Great condition and health as well. I recommend them highly for dwarf cichlids. I have not purchased any discus from them since I know Hans personally. I would go directly to the source.

Mat

MostlyDiscus
03-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Hello,

I have bought fish from twofishguyz and will state for the record the facts of my personal exp. First off I am from Virginia. Just thought I would get that out of the way as it seems to mean something to someone ;). The fish I recieved were 8 each of Blue Dia,Red Marl and blue pig. The fish were all of good size. The fish were all heathly. The blues and reds were true Strains from good linage. The PBS were mixed but the quality was outstanding and honestly nicer than what I thought I was getting. I have met Ryan once and couldnt really give you an opinion on him personally but he did follow through on all arangements. Hope this helps, Most Sincerely, Ed

russianmd
08-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Just got my 10 discus from Ryan, and they were amazing - either at 4" (the size ordered), or larger. The packing was great, and the transaction very smooth. Would definitely recommend them without reservation!

DallasDBA
09-07-2008, 01:17 PM
It has been about 10 months since I originally posted an honest evaluation about 2 fish guyz. I have endured angry harassment emails and postings as well as the original issues of undersized discus. As I said I would do earlier in the thread, I am posting pictures of the 2 discus that I am happy with from this vendor. They have grown to 4.5” from the original 2”. Of the remaining discus, one other has shown good growth, one has shown some growth and the remainder very little growth. Three have been sick on and off and 1 finally died after several bouts. The 3.5” discus I had obtained locally have grown to 6 to 6.5” and are very well colored and have great markings.

The water in the tank gets a 40% change once a week.. (Too much?). The water going in and already in the tank is 86 F. and has a ph of 6.8. After the canister filter, there is an ultraviolet sterilizer.

There are several reputable vendors mentioned in this and other threads, so I would suggest that others may be better off buying from these others rather than a vendor with a spotty record and questionable behavior such as these guyz.

I had long forgotten about my purchase from 2 fish guys. It has now been 3 months and all but one have survived. I said I might get 3 keepers out of the lot.. Now that they have colored up a bit, I am confident only 3 are keepers. Growth has been much slower than the Asian discus they share a tank with and they are now all over 2.5" with the largest between 3 and 3.25", so they have reached the sizes I originally ordered. I have not been on the forum since December, so I was surprised to get an angry email from the merchant. I will post it here and let everyone decide what to think for themselves. If you go through my posts, none of their accusations have anything to do with me. As for being from Virginia, my user ID is DallasDBA, so where would I be from? Possibly Dallas:

Hello Kyle,

I hope you understand you are not hurting our business by your constant attempts to bash us on whatever avenue you can find to listen. It shows that you must not have much going on in your life that you feel the need to still be upset over a quarter of an inch of a fish. Please state the truth on the posts you have been fabricating. Just like you are not from Virginia, your fish were not dead or sickly when you received them. If they were smaller that advertised so be it. I have apologized and given a partial refund. You will not be getting anything else from us. Please grow up. I don't even know why I bother to write this as your nature is to try to be a spitefull, and petty but your attempts are childish at best. I am sorry that you feel the need to continue to dwell on this issue.

Have a nice day,

Ryan and Sam
www.TwoFishGuyz.com

The top 2 are from 2 fish guyz and again iI am pleased with these 2 of the 8 I purchased.

TwoFishGuyz
09-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for getting us 3 pages of praise from other hobbyists here on simply discus! To return the favor to the forum, we will be adding a link to simply discus on our links page.

And to thank simply discus readers, we're offering 15% off all orders, just use code simply15 at checkout.

Keep it up Kyle and we'll make you an affiliate. Although you continually try to "spot our record" it continues to speak for itself.

MSD
09-16-2008, 08:38 AM
The funny/sad part is DallasDBA posts the same line of BS every few months with a "I have long ago forgot" beginning, but that is obviously a lie, he has forgotton nothing. I have bought from these guys a large order of Hans Discus and they are very nice. Hans always begs people to come out and pick your own fish as not everyones taste is the same, but he has a large business and would not waste all his hard work ripping someone off for a few bucks. Truthfully, when I buy discus from a local I look at the fish and body shape, color too of course, and realize the size is approximate. If you want bigger fish buy 4" to 5" fish to start, juvies are juvies. I bought fish from Wattley himself in the 80's and got dime sized fish which were supposed to be 2 1/2", he just gave you a few extra. This is not an exact measurement, common sense should tell you that. :mad: The guys even gave you a rebate for gods sake, ever consider your diet and weekly water changes may be a factor in their growth?? Or non-growth??

Kindredspirit
09-16-2008, 08:58 AM
The water in the tank gets a 40% change once a week.. (Too much?).

Are you serious?

DallasDBA
11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Based of the 2 fish guys last comment below, everyone can get the idea of what these people are like. If you need this kind of grief from a vendor as well as getting ripped off by receiving undersized fish, buy from 2 fish guys.

The results of the several discus I bought.. Well, one of them has grown and is very nice. Definitely belongs in my tank. A few of them never grew and eventually died. They lasted for a long enough time before eventually wasting away and dieing.. Of the remaining, 2 grew nicely and are OK for a contrast to the more attractive fish in the tank. Another 2 have grown little, but one of them has good color.

Anyway, there are good sources of discus in this forum and I would recommend buying from them rather than this unprofessional nasty pair of oddballs.

The funny/sad part is DallasDBA posts the same line of BS every few months with a "I have long ago forgot" beginning, but that is obviously a lie, he has forgotton nothing. I have bought from these guys a large order of Hans Discus and they are very nice. Hans always begs people to come out and pick your own fish as not everyones taste is the same, but he has a large business and would not waste all his hard work ripping someone off for a few bucks. Truthfully, when I buy discus from a local I look at the fish and body shape, color too of course, and realize the size is approximate. If you want bigger fish buy 4" to 5" fish to start, juvies are juvies. I bought fish from Wattley himself in the 80's and got dime sized fish which were supposed to be 2 1/2", he just gave you a few extra. This is not an exact measurement, common sense should tell you that. :mad: The guys even gave you a rebate for gods sake, ever consider your diet and weekly water changes may be a factor in their growth?? Or non-growth??

MostlyDiscus
11-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Wow,

You change your water once a week and you expect growth? I totally agree with MDS on this. You are bitter Dallas and I would say that you need to look from within and see what your doing wrong. Jumping back into discus after many years was a little tuff. I ruined all the discus that I bought from Ryan but I do remember that the strains were excellent, well shaped and healthy. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Ed

11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
While I have not purchased Discus from twofishguyz I have purchased dwarf cichlids.At the time of my order they were moving their stock to another location and the fish Were stressed from the move. Twofishguyz offered to send the fish but felt that perhaps waiting a few days would benefit the fish and I agreed. I ordered five fish and they sent seven. All of the fish were of excellent quality and are to this day. I have no complaints with these gentleman and will continue to shop with them. I have two discus that are stunted due to once weekly water changes (didn't know better) and two juveniles that benefit from three weekly water changes sometimes four and they are nearly as large as the two stunted fish. The two juveniles were purchased at nearly three inches and are growing nicely. Though I did not purchase the discus from Twofishguyz I would not hesitate to do so. And if all one can find to squeak about is a half inch Then god help you you insufferable #%&*(!@

DallasDBA
11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your feedback. You call me bitter. That is fine. The point of this forum it to document experiance with vendors. In this case I have been attacked for doing so by the vendor. As for growth, I have several fish from other vendors in the 6-7" range I grew from 2.5". Sparky, which is my avatar was 3.5" when I bought the fish from 2 fish guys is now 6.5" My method does seem to be working with my other fish and some of what I got from 3 fish guys. Discus love clean fresh water and I give them plenty of it after balancing PH and other impurities.

Wow,

You change your water once a week and you expect growth? I totally agree with MDS on this. You are bitter Dallas and I would say that you need to look from within and see what your doing wrong. Jumping back into discus after many years was a little tuff. I ruined all the discus that I bought from Ryan but I do remember that the strains were excellent, well shaped and healthy. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Ed

al210
11-26-2008, 03:15 PM
I purchased 3 Discus Twofishguyz. Two 3" turqs & 1 red 4" pigeon. The fish are very good quality and are doing very well. They are in my 46 gal planted. I do (2) 40-50% water changes per week.

I feed them 2-3 times a day. FBW and flakes. They are all growing and getting more mature by the week. Ryan was very easy to work with. I will definitely purchase my next fish from him also. I'll try to post some pics.

born2lovefish
01-19-2009, 10:53 PM
First time I ordered from twofishguyz I received fish that were about half the size they were suppose to be. However, after contacting them about the issue it was resolved very quickly. I would buy from them again!