PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody bought Discus from Roy Koo at Discus Connexxion

aquaworks
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
I was surfing the Internet and found Discus Connexion.There Discus looked really nice,I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

alpine
12-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Roy Koo's Red Melons were my first set of discus I bought and they were very nice . He has some great reds and goldens.

roberto.

Greg Richardson
12-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Koo's WLSS are very nice. Been very satisfied with them.
Those I got from Dan at Gulf Coast Discus. I don't think you can go wrong with Koo's stock. They have grown out the best so far for me.
Have no experience with Discus Connexion.

Harriett
12-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I also bought WLSSs from Dan that came from Roy Khoo; they are round as platters and markings are quite nice; they didn't get as big as my guys usually do at this age [10+ months] but they make up for it in gorgeousness! I also got one of Roy's Mosiacs and he grew out bigger and beautiful as well.
I wouldn't hestitate to buy Khoo discus!
Best regards
Harriett

aquaworks
12-14-2007, 02:26 AM
Thanks for all the information? I think I'll buy some of his fish for future breeding stock.Thanks for the info!And have a Merry Christmas.

Wahter
12-16-2007, 05:22 PM
I've visited Roy's place earlier this year and he has some very healthy discus! I've posted the photos from my visit on my site:

http://aquariumhobbyist.com/discus/showcase/roykhoo/index.html

Roy's nice too. If I look like I just ran a mile, it's because I'm not used to the Singapore heat and humidity! :P

Hope that helps,

Walter

kaceyo
12-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey Walter,
Great pics as usual. Did Roy happen to mention why he keeps the water levels so low in his tanks? Looks like most tanks the level isn't much above the hight of the fish. Is it to increase surface area to gallons ratio?

Kacey

walkinghorse1111
12-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Hey Walter,
Great pics as usual. Did Roy happen to mention why he keeps the water levels so low in his tanks? Looks like most tanks the level isn't much above the hight of the fish. Is it to increase surface area to gallons ratio?

Kacey
It says they were doing water changes , when he arrived.............

kaceyo
12-17-2007, 09:59 AM
DO'H!
You know, I even read that and it didn't click.

Wahter
12-17-2007, 11:39 AM
It says they were doing water changes , when he arrived.............

That's exactly why the water levels were low.

His employee saw how much I was sweating and gave me a cold Coca-Cola. That was actually the second cold drink that was given to me that afternoon - it was so hot (none of the tanks had heaters - not needed). I didn't get a chance to talk with Roy much because a customer was there and I didn't want to interfere with any business. I couldn't bring any fish back because my flight back would arrive in Detroit (not a designated port of entry).

HTH,

Walter

walkinghorse1111
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
DO'H!
You know, I even read that and it didn't click.

:D

walkinghorse1111
12-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Wahter,
Really enjoyed looking at your website. The pictures, of all the breeders you've visited, are really interesting !
Charles

aquaworks
12-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks Wahter, for the Great Pictures,and the Information.Thats great you got to go to Singapore.How's the Food over there?Roy's Discus look Great.

Wahter
12-18-2007, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the compliments about my site - I still have some more material to add... when I get a chance.

Singapore is a great place. The food was great, the people were nice, and just about everyone spoke English! LOL!. Things are reasonably priced and their public transportation system is good too. Don't let anyone tell you it's too small, boring, etc... I spent 9 days and I still wasn't able to see everything I wanted to see nor meet everyone that I wanted to see. I'm seeing if I can go there again in 2009 for the Aquarama (again).

Walter