PDA

View Full Version : Any experiences with boxlotfish.com?

Asago
12-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Has anybody dealt with boxlotfish.com?

devonpond
12-15-2007, 07:16 PM
They don't deal much in discus. A few wilds periodically.
Their bestsellers:

01. Cardinal Tetra
02. Rummy Nose Tetra
03. Cory Panda
04. Cory Hastatus VS
05. Otocinclus Cats Peru
06. Neon
07. Checkerboard Cichlid
08. Angels - Select
09. Bleeding Heart Tetra
10. Bleeding Heart Tetra Brasil

You might ask your question on another forum, if your looking for comments on some of the non-discus fish they distribute.

Apistomaster
12-27-2007, 11:48 PM
I have have exchanged e-mails with them and discovered that they do not actually carry very many fish. They take orders then go somewhere else to buy most of their fish. That makes difference to me since I do what I can to remove as many transfers of fish I intend to buy as possible. They are a small company as they self-described their operation to me.

alpine
12-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Asago, I read positive remarks about them at the "Pleco Fanatics " forum.

roberto.

ShinShin
01-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Several years ago I purchased several discus from boxlot after winning a bid on Aquabid.com. The 2 wild Alenquers were very nice fish. The problem was with the Heckels which were to be top grade discus. Both were old, big eyed sickly discus. One was almost dead on arrival and died within 2 days. The other was disfigured, concaved abdomen, big headed and black eyed. It was so pathetic that I threw it out with the discus that died. I called him and he was going to send me a refund. Several months and emails later, nothing. He left me no choice but to confront him publically on DAAH discus forum where he hung out. I will never buy from him again, even if he has the last discus left in the world.

Mat

chuckbam
01-15-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't know about his Discus. He would not be my first choice for them. I do know that he sells wilds. I have purchased other kinds of fish from him 3x and had good luck. He will even ship air cargo for around $50 to 60 bucks for one box or many. It has been my experience that the website is not up to date. You need to contact him about currant price and availability.