PDA

View Full Version : Not doing so well

renae
12-18-2007, 05:37 PM
i hate having to write this after everything looking good yesterday..I've lost 2..1 was one of the bad ones from the start but I thought he was picking up and doing well..the other I dont know it was hiding behind the filter from start..I thought it was just nervous and still settling in..I dont even know if I've caused this or it was caused from the whole extra 14hr freight delay..I havn't done anything different just daily wc..water paremetres are all good.
I really feel bad for these little guys..I feel like I'm failing them :(

two utes
12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that Renae. Hang in there! I am possitive that you are doing eveything possible for the best for your new arrivals.

Darren's Discus
12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Renea,
don't let it get you down these things happen,Just keep going with the 4 left.

cheers

tonymaccs
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi Renae,
Many of us can empathise with you feelings of failure, but try and keep the spirits up. It sounds like you have done all you can in the circumstances. I am relieved we didn't have to contend with the freezing weather as well like our American counterparts did.
Tony

renae
12-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks you guys, but I've lost 3 all up 2 last night..although I'm feeling okay just feel bad for the fish..and yes we are lucky we dont have to worry about the cold weather..my fingers are crossed for the safe arrival for all of their fish.

phidelt85
12-18-2007, 08:34 PM
That's a real bummer, Renae! How are the other three looking and acting? They ok? As I've been told, "Chin up, you've still got mouths to feed." ;) Good luck.

renae
12-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Jose..How are yours doing?,thanks so much for your kind words,the other 3 are looking okay..they are doing a bit of fighting amongst themselves and swimming around okay. The last one to go I overlooked as it was hiding behind the filter the whole time,I thought it was just too scared to venture out.
I really hope your little guys are doing well.

phidelt85
12-18-2007, 09:56 PM
I think they'll be fine by morning (fingers crossed :D ) Five of the six were up with the last one trying before I snapped my last pics. I don't wanna bother them anymore so, I'll check em in the morning.

Discus-Hans
12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Renae, those things happen, not much you can do about.

Hans

alxjss
12-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Poor Renea. It is not ur fault. U did the best u could, i am sure. Just try to move on and get the rest growing HUGE!!!

Darren's Discus
12-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Renea,
I don't want this to be a bad experience for anyone,it is meant to be a fun challenge therefore santa will bring you some more babies after christmas !!!!!

cheers

alxjss
12-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Renea,
I don't want this to be a bad experience for anyone,it is meant to be a fun challenge therefore santa will bring you some more babies after christmas !!!!!

cheers

Wow Darren. U R Awesome as well. Nice to see good people in the world:angel:

renae
12-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Its okay Darren..all is good, it doesn't matter if I'm down to 3 I just didn't expect it to happen.
I can work with the 3 I have..they seem to be doing well at the moment..allready trying to work out between themselves who's going to be the dominant one..so that is a good sign that they are feeling okay.
I'm sure these ones will be fine :) and tell Santa I'm happy and I think I just need a bourbon.

Ryan
12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Renae, I'm sorry to hear about the losses. The delay in the shipping was probably really stressful on them since they are small. There's nothing you can do about it except to give them the best care possible and hope they pull through.

If the others are fighting it's a good sign that they're healthy and happy :D I hope they settle in nicely for you.

Ryan

blue acara
12-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Sorry for your losses renae, always bad loosing fish. Unfortunately as we have seen in this and the other threads shipping can go wrong:(

They looks like lovely little Discus and I wish you lots of luck with them.

Darren's Discus
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Its okay Darren..all is good, it doesn't matter if I'm down to 3 I just didn't expect it to happen.
I can work with the 3 I have..they seem to be doing well at the moment..allready trying to work out between themselves who's going to be the dominant one..so that is a good sign that they are feeling okay.
I'm sure these ones will be fine :) and tell Santa I'm happy and I think I just need a bourbon.
Renea,
See how they go over the next week,I would prefer to give you some more as yours might not do as well only being a group of 3.

cheers

two utes
12-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Hey Renea, if you are coming past Melbourne over Christmas come over and pick up a couple from my batch.:)

renae
12-18-2007, 11:26 PM
No worries Darren we'll work something out after christmas..just wanting to let you know I'm okay, I know these things happen..Its happened to me before..you just feel worse because at the end of the day you guys done all the work getting the little ones going and not too mention the cost involved in freighting..thats what makes it feel bad..

Thanks Everyone for your encouragement.

Kindredspirit
12-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Everyone is taking real good care of you, Nicole:) Hang in there!

renae
12-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey Joe..you are not getting out of it that easy you know, you have to raise your 6 :p lol
your threads allways put a smile on my face..thankyou kindly for the offer but I'm going to decline and let you raise them ones yourself..I will be okay and I can't wait to see pics of yours when they arrive..all the best Joe :)

renae
12-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Everyone is taking real good care of you, Nicole:) Hang in there!

Thanks Marie..yep everyone has been great.

two utes
12-19-2007, 12:04 AM
No worries Renea. Looks like youre in good spirit.:)Just want to let you know that l'm here if l can help in any way

renae
12-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks Joe..yep I'm in good spirits.

alxjss
12-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Good job. i new u could do it:D

phidelt85
12-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey, Eileen, I thought you were going to bed? :D

brewmaster15
12-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Renae,
Its sad that it happened...but you have a good outlook here!:)

If Darren can get you some more..awesome of him and great for you...but if not...

Having 3 to work with vs 6 isn't necessarily a disadvantage... thats less competition for resources and in nature..that benefits the offspring.

Either way...best of luck!

-al

Ardan
12-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Best of luck to you Renae!:)
I hope the 3 do well for you! Glad you are ok

Ardan

pinkertd
12-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi Renae! A bit of a bumpy start but my good wishes are coming your way! Good luck to you and all the challengers! This is such an exciting opportunity and I am soooooooooo looking forward to everyone's posts and pictures!

tonymaccs
12-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi Renae,
How are they doing today?
Tony

renae
12-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks again everyone for your comments.

Tony..they are doing good,showing no signs of anything being wrong..been offering BH to them but they aren't keen, but do like FBW and BS.I do notice one is being bossed by the other 2 but does not seem to be a major problem..thanks for asking.

two utes
12-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi Renea. Sounds like your guys have settled in O.K. Tell them that they have family in Melbourne now. Take care.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BSW
12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd be nervous as a wet cat shipping Discus anyway ! I'll bet the delay just stressed them out to much.
I hope the others pull through for you O.K.
B

Kindredspirit
12-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey Nicole! Too bad you could not get 2 or three more somehow ~ three is never a good idea:(

GrillMaster
12-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Lo there renae...Sorry bout the 3 lost ones!

Sounds like Darren is gonna hook ya up again so you will definately be back on track...:)

Good luck with the 3 you have left for now. Like Al said, less competition for food!! :D

tc
Mark

renae
12-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi All..everthing is going well with the 3 I have left, Darren is going to get a couple of more fish to me after christmas and I'm sure it will all be fine with these ones..I'll be doing a thread later today on there progress so far, just wanted to let you all know and thanks again for the kind words and encouragement it really helped :)

Darren's Discus
12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Glad they are going well Renea,tell them they will have family coming to stay after christmas !

cheers

tonymaccs
12-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Good to hear, Renae. (or is it Nicole- I have wondered!)
Tony

renae
12-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Good to hear, Renae. (or is it Nicole- I have wondered!)
Tony

I use my middle name Renae for my user name but yes its Nicole, so to keep it simple I usually sign off as Renae :D

Ardan
12-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Glad to hear the rest are doing well Renae:)
Ardan

yippy
12-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi Renae, Ive lost a few but keep on going. Listen to Rod or Darren. Rods good with meds and stuff here in Oz and when you think about it, it isnt your fault. Its a learning curve.

Kerry xxxx

barramundi
12-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Hi Renae,
Good luck with the 3 you have left and i'm sure with all the advice you get on here they will do ok.

John