PDA

View Full Version : Al, i have a ?

alxjss
12-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi Al. I need to no the name of the flake food u use. I don't no what the initials r so can u please elaborate. I have tried several flakes and they don't eat them. Whats ur secret:confused:
thanks

reelay0
12-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I think al said that he was feeding the Ocean nutrition flakes. Formula 1 i think.

That's from my shoddy memory though.

KJoFan
12-21-2007, 01:01 AM
I believe he uses the Ocean Nutrition Formula One pellets, not flakes. But I'm sure he'll be along at some point to clarify. I use the pellets and they eat them just fine so....perhaps give them a try.

Ryan
12-21-2007, 01:23 AM
ONF1 (Ocean Nutrition Formula One) comes in flake and pellet form - the fry will probably eat both :D My younger fish loved the ONF1 flakes, but I feed my adults the pellets.

alxjss
12-21-2007, 03:49 AM
Hi everyone. Thanks for the info. I no he feeds flakes because they r @ the top looking for them:D

B-O-F
12-21-2007, 06:04 AM
Ah, well deduced Sherlock :)

bikhu
12-21-2007, 06:16 AM
AL uses a few types of HBH flakes. I know that he uses Seafood Lovers Flakes, has used Meat Lovers Flakes and perhaps Discus Angel flakes. These are all available through Jehmco www.jehmco.com
John is a really class act. Very helpful and extremely service minded. THe flake food can be purchased in bulk for around $18/kilo. I personally use these foods (per suggestion from Al) and find that all my fish (young and old) do really well with them
HTH
peter

Discus-Hans
12-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Eileen,

if you need the Angel/Discus flake fast and if you can't get it, send me an email at discus-hans@comcast.net I trow some in a box and over night it on Friday to you. I've the food in bulk in stock because I mix it in my food mix.

Hans

brewmaster15
12-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Hi All,
Eileen I do feed flake as Peter said..I like the HBH Brands..but any good quality flake should do... In case you hadn't realized it..These youngsters will eat pretty much anything..which is how I like it!:)

Hans,
Thats a very generous offer for the flakes!:)

Karen,
I definetly feed ONF 1 pellets...I Don't feed the flakes only because The HBH Brand seafood lovers mix is similar and less expensive.

hth,
al

alxjss
12-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Eileen,

if you need the Angel/Discus flake fast and if you can't get it, send me an email at discus-hans@comcast.net I trow some in a box and over night it on Friday to you. I've the food in bulk in stock because I mix it in my food mix.

Hans
Wow Hans, that is very nice. I will let u know if i can't find it. I might take u up on this:o Thanks

Hi All,
Eileen I do feed flake as Peter said..I like the HBH Brands..but any good quality flake should do... In case you hadn't realized it..These youngsters will eat pretty much anything..which is how I like it!:)

hth,
al

Don't mean to disappoint u al, but they don't eat my earthworm flakes. I haven't tried brine shrimp flakes, i do have them, i will try today tho. Maybe i can get them to eat them, but i don't want to go too long w/o food either:confused:
thanks

AADiscus
12-21-2007, 09:06 AM
One thing you can do is mix all the types of flakes you have in one container. Then when you feed you are feeding all the varieties.

alxjss
12-21-2007, 10:32 AM
good idea angela. will try that

KJoFan
12-21-2007, 11:34 AM
That's what I do with a couple of my flakes. I use the Omega One Freshwater Flakes for my other fish and have some Spirulina flakes as well, so rather than alternating feedings I just mix them so they get some of both each time. I need to find some other quality flake(s) to try, but I've never had much luck with discus eating flakes.