PDA

View Full Version : Jungle lab meds

jczz1232
12-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Has anyone ever tried Anti-Bacteria or Anti-Parasite med fish food from jungle labs?

John

jczz1232
12-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Ops forget it I found a post about it somewhere in other thread.

John

Apistomaster
12-27-2007, 11:41 PM
I have used and at one time sold Jungle products off and on for over four decades.
They are not my favorite brand but mainly because many of preparations contain unnecessary NaCl.
The other thing is that they tend to sell dilute concentrations which, for beginners, probably makes dosing safer. I just happen to prefer my medications in the more concentrated forms.
So I think they are a good company and cater to the needs of beginners well. I had a fish shop when I sold their products and fish rooms since and I sometimes have need for large quantities of medications and that is where the economics of concentrated preparations is important to me.

Apistomaster
12-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I have used and at one time sold Jungle products off and on for over four decades.
They are not my favorite brand but mainly because many of preparations contain unnecessary NaCl and
the other thing is that they tend to sell dilute concentrations which, for beginners, probably makes dosing safer. I just happen to prefer my medications in the more concentrated forms.
So I think they are a good company and cater to the needs of beginners well. I had a fish shop when I sold their products and fish rooms since and I sometimes have need for large quantities of medications and that is where the economics of concentrated preparations is important to me.
There products are quite safe and effective.

discus bob
01-02-2008, 02:18 AM
I tried some, Jungle Labs Anti-Bacterial food, none and I mean 0 of my fish will eat it, even after starving them for more than a day! They act like I'm throwing rocks in the tank.
There other products are great.

Apistomaster
01-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I don't have confidence in any commercial medicated foods. I think the drugs degrade too fast when mixed with food that might not be sold for months or even years.

I add fresh meds to foods my fish are already willing to eat. Many sick fish also aren't eating.
I find it's best to use live foods with them and gradually try your own medicated foods after the fish have had a chance to recover their strength. I use this method primarily with deworming drugs.

Again, sick fish are usually not eating well and trying to feed them medicated foods when they aren't already feeding is pretty much pointless.