PDA

View Full Version : 12/24/2007 Update

phidelt85
12-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Well, so far so good. The fish are lookin' good and eating well. I'm trying to get them on Omega 1 marine pellets. They bite at it but it takes them a while to get it down. I forgot the advice Andrew gave me about pre-soaking the pellets. So I'm doing that now to see if they're able to break them up a bit easier.

With only having four, aggression is becoming an issue. Two of the larger ones have laid claim to their spots in the tank, and if one of the other ones dares cross the line, the chase is on. The only concern I have with it is making sure the smallest one gets enough to eat. He is left with one of the front corners and stays there unless I feed FBW then he's all over the place. I'm trying to drop the food in his corner so he gets first dibs. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.

B-O-F
12-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Glad to see things have started going right for you Jose

alxjss
12-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey Jose, great news. I have 7 juvies I got from Dan and there is a dominant one there too. He takes on all six. Guess it doesn't matter how many, its how they get along. Good sign anyway;)

phidelt85
12-24-2007, 08:57 PM
good point Eileen. I had some Omega 1 cichlid flakes that I feed my other Discus. I fed them to these guys yesterday and they didn't even look at them, sooooo...I went and picked up the Omega1 marine flakes and gave it to them this afternoon. Better results they started eating them.