PDA

View Full Version : Did adding eco complete affect your water parameters

Eyecandy
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi Again.... Thanks for all the advice about adding the eco complete.
I really like the look of it where it's only partialy covered by my pool filter sand and am thinking of adding another small bag to the other side of the tank.
However, I have very soft water and I have noticed a slight rise in my PH and a bit of ammonia turned to nitrite (less than .5) which I've eliminated for now by water changes... I think there was something on the packaging (thrown out of course duh) about it possibly affecting soft water.. I drained out most of the liquid it was packed with as per instructions on the package for existing tank setups. Has anyone had any issues??
This may be only coincidence since the transfer of the fish and filters to the tank was only a short time ago and the spike may be due to that but.... before I buy any more to add... it's pretty expensive here... I just want to know if it could have affected my tank water.. and if so is it only short term... I'm gonna monitor the tank water parameters for the next few days before adding any more but would love to add some more.. and more plants of course LOL.....
Thanks in advance for any feedback.... Sue:angel: