PDA

View Full Version : Yet another snail question

Nanette56
01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a partially planted 55 gallon with 4 juveniles in it. Doing 10-15% WC every other day. They were introduced to the tank 2 and a half weeks ago, and today I just discovered and removed 3 small snails. (Researched everything, but didn't know I had to wash the live plants first!!!!:o) I know that there is bound to be an invasion. Anyway, read through some of the other snail posts, and don't like the idea of using PP or any chemicals to remedy the situation- Don't particularly like the idea of clown loaches either, as we tend to grow attached to our little babies, and won't want to return any the the LFS after they get too big. Anyone know of any other compatible fishes that will eat these little buggers? My tank temp is around 84.2 with a PH of around 6.8.

Thanks for the help guys!

Nanette

Max Power
01-18-2008, 11:45 AM
If you Google "Aquarium snails" there are countless websites and forums that address this. More than half are didicated to getting rid of snails rather than keeping them!

There are some smaller loaches that are pretty that will do the job. I would recommend those.