PDA

View Full Version : Exp FW but Discus Newbie

happygirl65
01-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Hello all!

I have been researching discus for over a year and have a tank set up to be their eventual home. It is planted with 2.7 wpg of light and CO2 injected.

It already has a small school of neons and kuhli loaches. I have been staring at this tank and imagining discus in it for 7 months now.
All it is missing is some discus. ;)

I have hesitated for a while now trying to find a good source and continuing to read everything I can. I know I can handle it and am excited to do so! (I have over 15 yrs exp with FW fish)

There really is only one place within a hundred miles that sells discus and they are way out of my price range at 100+ each! So I am going to mail/online order them. I will save a bundle even with overnight or airport shipping. :) Of course the drawback is not really being able to see what you will get.

Does anyone have any specific suggestions of what to look for in an online seller of discus?

Or anything else you think I should know that you wish you would have known when you started out?

I think I have the basic do's and don'ts covered but welcome any comments and suggestions.

Thanks!
Tori

Graham
01-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Toni check out the sponsors here....most will ship and all are reputable