PDA

View Full Version : Juvi Red Dragons

crystalview
02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I have just been given 2 Juvi Red Dragons. The don't have the red/white striations yet. They are bright orange and about 1.75". I have them in a cycled 29g with bare bottom. I am trying to get them to eat. They are really shy. They are what is left from a tank of 10. I could not leave them to die there. I have Black worms and OC Instant Baby Brine shrimp, along with beef heart flakes. These should work as their food right?
I want to add them to my community tank (55g) after I see them through QT. Will they get enough food in my Community tank? Which has 6neons, 6 coral red pencils fish, 4Kuhli's, 3 male brigs, 3nerites, a pair of blue rams and 3 oto's.
Daily water changes are easy to do with my setup, so that will be taken care of but what else will I need to do. Oh yeah I have a 18w UV on this tank and it will move back to the 55 when they move.
I have kept the tank covered today. The Juvi's are suppose to be 4months old. I know that they should be in a bigger group. After I find if these fish live should I get say two more juvi's from a reputable dealer? I only have a 55g community that is planted and a 29g QT. I saw on Freecycle a 40 breeder would this work with 4 discus just as a species tank?