PDA

View Full Version : Marksdiscus (member of aquabid)

bs6749
02-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Mark is a fantastic guy and he is what every customer wants in a retailer.

I recently emailed Mark on one of his auctions that he had listed on AquaBid. After several emails of questions from me, he gives me his phone number and tells me to call him, and that was around 10:30 at night! So, I figured, why not and I called him. He answered the phone in a very pleasant accent (Eastern European?) and proceded to answer ALL of my questions and then some, in depth, making sure that I wasn't confused at all. He was VERY knowledeable about his fish and was thorough in answering my questions. So I bought what I was looking for, and guess what? He even threw in 3 free baby discus for me! WHAT other retailer would do that for a customer? I haven't seen ONE until Mark did that. He treated me like family though he wouldn't know me if I bumped into him on the street, but if we did bump into one another he would surely say "I'm so sorry".

The next morning, around 11:30 I get an unexpected call from Mark. He was wanting to know if the package had arrived on time, if it was in good shape, how the fish were doing, etc. He was sincerely interested in how things were going. Mark is not one of those people that are fake and only act nice to you because he wants you to buy from him. Mark CARES about his customers, about his fish, and about his business which reflects him as a person. He has told me that if I ever have any questions that I shouldn't hesitate to call him. Frankly speaking, he is what every customer wants.

Thank you for all of your kindness, Mark. Your compassion, generosity, honor and integrity have all shown that you are a remarkable guy but it's your knowledge, friendliness, customer service that guarantees satisfaction, and your obvious interest in this hobby that will keep me a customer of yours for life.

An impressed customer,
-Bryan

White Worm
02-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Good to hear. How about some pics of the new arrivals?

FatFutures
02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Yes, yes... pictures are a must!

Please?

MSD
03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
4 posts and a testimonial, I'm skeptical. Sorry, and where is Mark located BTW?

Kindredspirit
03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
4 posts and a testimonial, I'm skeptical

That was just too funny, really.

I think it is great to hear of things like this, honestly ~ there are not enough!

And I agree, pictures are a def must:)

MSD
03-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I've been in business for 30 years, and discus on and off for a while, can't help when the detector goes off, I'll be the first to be positive when more info surfaces, if it does.......

DISCUS USA
03-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Mark lives in Brooklyn New York City,,i been to his place before he got a nice set up in his apartment nothing big but Marks a nice guy,i had picked up some red fry forgot what strain they were but something happened to them dont remember exactly what but i know it was my fault,,think it was heater in tank failed and fish stayed in cold water overnite died think this was last winter.. was lucky to go hand pick definately the guy breeds so people in NYC area should check him out before you go pay $150 on shipping from importers..lol maybe he has what u want its worth a visit..

MSD
03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the input. Decent if unspectacular fish.