PDA

View Full Version : Some off the new whans

Göran Ekholm
02-19-2008, 02:10 PM
A little pail after the trip home to me.....
And like i sad before i am no cameraman.

Tropical Haven
02-19-2008, 02:25 PM
These look very nice from what I can see.

Gajowa
02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Nice fish Goran. I hope you will have fun with them, and bring some of them to our championship show in Cracow in June

Barbara

Harriett
02-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Goran, the photos came out really dark and are hard to see...can you snap some new ones to show off your new discus?
THanks
Harriett

Apistomaster
02-26-2008, 11:40 PM
The fish in photos three and four is most unusual. It has characteristics that I associate with all three wild discus species. I think you have a rare one in that fish.
It would be very interesting to know what Heiko Bleher has to say about it.
I've never seen a wild discus quite like it.

discuskeeper08
02-27-2008, 12:04 AM
The fish in photos three and four is most unusual. It has characteristics that I associate with all three wild discus species. I think you have a rare one in that fish.
It would be very interesting to know what Heiko Bleher has to say about it.
I've never seen a wild discus quite like it.

What are the characteristics that this fish possesses that distinguish the three wild discus species?

Apistomaster
02-27-2008, 01:13 AM
It has a blue green sheen and dotted and dashed green marking in the body and anal fin like many greens but it is not a green discus..
The fifth bar is broad like a Heckel even has the striations through the bar.
But it is also similar to some Blue discus.
If I had to guess, I would say it is an atypically marked Heckel. This is what I really think it is.
My next best guess would be that it is possibly a natural Blue X Heckel Hybrid.
Wait and see what impressions others have. I doubt it is all that common to find one like it.
It is something I would regard as special find.

Heiko Bleher
03-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi,

Larry asked me to comment on Gorans discus 3-5.

Well, I really think it is a natural hybrid from the mouth of the Rio Nhamunda were I found very similar (shown in our Revision of the Genus Symphysodon Heckel, 1840 from 1. August, 2007 by Bleher, Stoelting, Salzburger & Meyer). And alternatively it could be a Heckel cross with a blue from the Marimari region.

But I am quite sure it is a Heckel cross from nature and a nice fish. It is to see if it is fertile, probably not.

All the best

Heiko
at www.aqua-aquapress.com you can see the above publication.