PDA

View Full Version : 3/6/08 update

alxjss
03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry, its been a while. These guys r giants. The biggest one has got to be 5" by now. I have a few pics here for u. Enjoy as much as me:p

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/alxjss/discuchallange067.jpg
aren't the colors awesome?
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/alxjss/discuchallange068.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/alxjss/discuchallange070.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/alxjss/discuchallange050-1.jpg
looks like this is the only pic that did what i wanted it too. Oh well, nice and big....

two utes
03-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Very Impressive Eileen. Well Done!! Man, how big are these guys going to be in a few months time? MASSIVE.:D:D:D

BSW
03-07-2008, 07:41 AM
WOAH !
My how they've grown. I love the bars and the speckles on the fins.
Just beautiful, I'm glad they have sone so well for you........
Thanks for the update.
B

Brian Mc
03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Great job with those, looking large. :thumbsup:

Tropical Haven
03-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Eileen, you have done an outstanding job with them keep up the awesome work.

Condor
03-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Wow Eileen you have some mutant fish there!:D They look awesome. Great job!

Adrian

Elite Aquaria
03-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Eileen,

Great job that is a lot of growth for only the few months that you have had those fish.

madfish
03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Thats some get lookers that you got there. I cant belive the size that they are getting in such little time.

AADiscus
03-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Everyones fish are looking so good in the challenge. I guess I better start designing the USA plague. lol This is gonna be a hard one to judge Al!

You have done a great job, keep it up. ;)

alxjss
03-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Thank u everyone for ur support. W/O u people my challange would be nothing. I love these guys. They eat, and eat, and eat. Sometimes i can''t keep up, but i try my best. These guys r beautiful. The colors r spectacular. I have been blessed w/ the way they have originated. I hope they keep on truckn....

Kenny's Discus
03-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Eileen, what 5"? Have you been feeding them like 20 times per day?:D:p I want to see them hit the 10" mark in another few months lol!

What an awesome job you're doing! Keep up the great work!:)

Kenny

subcooler
03-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Eileen,
They look great!
I was threatening to ride up & get some Alenquer's from Al (change of plans)-Your making me jealous & realize I need another tank to follow through on my original idea!
What are your feeding those babies?-maybe you wanna share that info after the contest is over-understandable!
Keep up the good work!
Rob

alxjss
03-09-2008, 11:17 AM
There really is no secret. I just feed tetra bits, brine shrimp, b/h and cbw's. Whenever they go crazy, which is all the time. I have no set scedule, i just feed when they beg.

Ryan
03-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Eileen! They look giant! :laugh: Great job so far!

GrillMaster
03-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Wow!! I dont know exactly what your doin Eileen, but keep doing it! :D

They are looking great!

tc
Mark

uli and ria
03-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi Eileen, we are in Kazoo, wow yes in deed, I agree with everyone, your fish look great. We were looking at the thread yesterday. Dont understand too much about the challange but your fish sure have grown. I have 13 x 2-3 inch from cary, in a 75 gal. I am now also worried that this might not be big enough for much longer. Must be something in this MI water we dont know about.

alxjss
03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi fellow Michiginians..lol... Here is a link to the challange u can read up on. Its pretty exciting.

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=60741

I have a few fish from Cary also. Actually, He is where i got my first discus's. I haven't had them a yr yet. I went to Choice Aquraium on May 7th last yr., and I got my fish. They r beautiful. 1 male, 4 females. :o When i was w/cary, he did say we had great water, so maybe its the water.

pinkertd
03-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi Eileen! They are gorgeous, and fantastically big! Whatever you are doing, keep it up! Every time I see those fish, I want to go buy another tank and drive up to Al's to get some of those!!! Hope the little bristlies are doing good as well!

uli and ria
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Eileen, Do ya have any good LFS up there in GR? I haven't scooped any out yet up there yet. Have ya gone to Preuss in lansing? Its a great store, web site too. Could ya post any good stores for us, I know GR well, went to GRJC many moons ago. Thanks Uli. Thanks for the link for the challange will check out after lunch. I am at work. I love my job, it fasinates me,,,,,not really

alxjss
03-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Eileen! They are gorgeous, and fantastically big! Whatever you are doing, keep it up! Every time I see those fish, I want to go buy another tank and drive up to Al's to get some of those!!! Hope the little bristlies are doing good as well!

Hi Deb. Thanks for the compliments. Glad my fish give u a good idea. My brisles r doing fantanstic. Getting a little big. Takes time i guess. Nothing like my discus, thats for sure;)

Hi Eileen, Do ya have any good LFS up there in GR? I haven't scooped any out yet up there yet. Have ya gone to Preuss in lansing? Its a great store, web site too. Could ya post any good stores for us, I know GR well, went to GRJC many moons ago. Thanks Uli. Thanks for the link for the challange will check out after lunch. I am at work. I love my job, it fasinates me,,,,,not really
Sorry Uli, no good stores around here. Only a place to buy my cbw's and i am not happy w/that either. Haven't gone to Preuss either. Never heard of it. Have to check it out some time. Love my job too.:p

pcsb23
03-20-2008, 08:28 AM
They look really good Eileen, you are doing a wonderful job with them :)

jack3
03-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Hello everyone:
I'm jack, I'm so glad to join you. :)

alxjss
03-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi Jack. Glad you made it to Simply. Must be exciting reading all this stuff and the fun things we do here. Can't find a better discus site imo... Welcome and enjoy.

Kindredspirit
03-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Well you sure have turned into a fantastic discus keeper, woman!! They are beautiful, Eileen!! You must be very proud:)

alxjss
03-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow, thanks for the compliment Marie. That means alot coming from u. How r ur fish doing? Oh, by the way, i am very proud:D