PDA

View Full Version : A great meeting last Sunday

dpt8
03-11-2008, 02:08 PM
This past Sunday, Fred 22, a member here at Simply, came to my place to see my fish and talk discus.. He is very knowledgable and has breed tropical fish for many years. Even discus.. which he keeps some now in addition to breeding koi angels, long finned albino bristle-nose plecos and some cories.. We had a very good visit exchanging stories, ideas and I was glad to show him my 7 tanks of disus... He also brought some beefheart for me that he makes and shared how he makes it.

I invite anyone else interested in visiting my collection and talking discus please contact me.. We should share our experiences to motivate each other and get great ideas.. There are several people in our Massachusetts, Ct. area. Also we should help Al out by hopefully planning another New England discus get together.. Al has had some awesome gatherings in the past.. Does that sound good Al ?? Thanks. Hope to see folks soon. David T in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts

subcooler
03-11-2008, 10:59 PM
That sounds great
I'm always looking for an opportunity to learn from someone who's been doing this for awhile! New here myself-learning more each day.I'm not as far north as you guys(NJ), but always willing to travel .I been threatening to take a ride up & get some Alenquers from Al anyway:)
Just gotta work another tank into the house-I found a sweet deal I couldn't pass up & that filled my last available tank.So many beautiful fish & such little space.Maybe we could work something out before it gets crazy for everyone in the summer?
Rob

dpt8
03-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Cool Rob. Hopefully more people read this, respond and we have an area discus meeting !! David

dmun24
03-12-2008, 01:48 PM
HI I AM UP FOR ONE BEEN TO ALS FISH ARE NOT TO BAD HA HA DENNIS

brewmaster15
03-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Hey Guys....Springs here pretty soon...I'd be up for a meeting again... I still toy with idea of a regularly scheduled group meeting...maybe something to talk about then... I'll start a thread on it latter today.:)

-al

dpt8
03-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Thanks Al.. Sounds awesome. If you need anything for me to bring or I can help in anyway, let me know.. David

GrillMaster
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Count me in! I would love to get together with other locals!

tc
Mark

ktcdiscus
03-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am new to your site - and I must say that I love all of what I have seen so far.
I would love to meet with some of you and we live just south of Portland, Maine. I would be willing to travel down for a meeting on a weekend.
However, we are moving about 16 hours from here and I am considering parting with the two discus we have now and purchasing more when we get to our new house. Does anyone have any suggestions on possibly traveling that long with them?

Thank you so much,
Terra

Ichthyology
03-25-2008, 01:19 PM
16 hours is VERY do-able. Get your elf a fish styro box and a large plastic bag. Also, if you get yourself a battery power air stone (can be found in the fishing section of any large department store or a bait shop), you will be all set. You can also use a 5 gallon bucket. Just do not let the fish get too cool. If they have air, they should be fine. I transported my fish from Texas to California (a 36 hour trip with stops) without losing a single fish......

The addition of "bag buddies" into the water will also make your life easier.

dandestroy
03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
count me in if you guy do a meeting somewhere in New England