PDA

View Full Version : Best canister filter ?

JackRent
03-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Some have mentioned the Fluval FX5 ?? Anyone have experience with the Eheim Pro III Thermofilter (built in 500 watt heater) ??

I have always thought Eheim makes a quality product !

Other suggestions would be great. I am looking at either a 75 or 180planted discus tank so any and all recommendations would be great.

I already have a full blown reef tank that takes some time and I really want to try and get away with one large water change per week.

Bainbridge Mike
03-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I have not tried a pro III yet-- but I have a couple of Pro II's and really like them.

Cosmo
04-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Eheim.

I've been giving some serious thought on the Pro III, it's about time they came out with a cannister with two intakes ... IF I set up another big tank, for sure I'll put a Pro III on it. fwiw

Jim

Bigsexybadguy
04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I also have the Pro II, thermofilter, and love it. Anytime I can avoid having a heater in the tank, I'm all for it, and the thermofilter is great in that regard.

The best feature, for me, is that the outflow on the Eheim doesn't seem to diminish, irregardless of how often you change/clean your filter. I've found with other cannister filters, during the course of a couple of weeks, the pgh returned significantly decreases, which I've never noticed with my Eheims.

BSB