PDA

View Full Version : "Boss Button"

phidelt85
03-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey, Al, can we get a "boss button" up in the blue menu bar that will quickly switch the screen to say a bar graph and table data. I think it will be really handy especially when at work perusing the pages of Simply. My buddy showed me the one the have on the NCAA March Madness website. It's pretty dadgum handy if you know what I mean. :)

Wahter
03-22-2008, 02:12 AM
This isn't really too difficult to do on your own.

Here's a screen shot of Excel 2007 which I found using google.com.

I searched for an image using the terms "spreadsheet pie chart excel (http://images.google.com/images?q=spreadsheet+pie+chart+excel&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G&imgsz=huge)"

I've uploaded the image below as an attachment.

Click on the image and then press F11 (that's the key that should be above the key on your keyboard with the + and + sign).

Voila! There you go. Just remember to press F11 again to get out of full screen mode. (note that you might have to click on the image or the enlarge IF the image doesn't fill the screen - Firefox shows the magnifying glass while IE shows that odd blue and orange icon (looks like a tiny sail boat on the ocean).

Hope that helps.

Walter

Wahter
03-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Since most people use IE (I don't know why - LOL!), here's what the blue and orange expand icon that I mentioned, looks like: See the attachment. It appears in the lower right hand side whenever you hold the cursor over an image that is larger than the size of the IE window. When that happens, click on the icon. and the image will expand to it's full size (rather than 'fit inside window'). Note that the spreadsheet image is about 1024 x 768; if your screen resolution is set larger, it won't fill the screen.

Walter

brewmaster15
03-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Hey,
Thanks Walter!!!:)

-al

dandestroy
03-22-2008, 03:29 PM
so cool, now your boss will see that after 4hr of work, your excel spreadsheet is still blank!!!:D

phidelt85
03-22-2008, 06:15 PM
so cool, now your boss will see that after 4hr of work, your excel spreadsheet is still blank!!!:D

LOL!!

Here's what I was talking about: Just hit the "boss button underneath the player. To revert back to the previous screen, just click anywhere on the spreadsheet

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod/player

April
03-24-2008, 06:16 PM
you guys are funny....just do your work..and get it done. lol. wonder how many people are reading simply instead of working.. walter..are you reading this and posting while your at work?

Wahter
03-24-2008, 10:06 PM
you guys are funny....just do your work..and get it done. lol. wonder how many people are reading simply instead of working.. walter..are you reading this and posting while your at work?

Nah, I think I've only make a couple posts from work - definitely not something I do on a regular basis. (Too busy to contribute!!!).