PDA

View Full Version : A huge thank you to Cary of Great Lakes Discus

dawncollette
03-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to take a minute or two to report on the awesome discus I received from Cary on Friday. We placed our order quite some time ago but due to the freezing weather in Michigan we didn't feel safe having them shipped to us until the weather warmed up.
It all worked for the better however as my tanks were allowed to be fully cycled in the weeks we waited for a weather change.
Well when we got home from the airport Friday and opened the boxes that were packed with perfection we were just amazed. I have never in my life laid eyes on such beautiful discus. We got a pair of white butterflys, red marlboros, and a pair of leopards that are simply the most stunning and gorgeous discus I have ever seen. The male white butterfly is huge and according to Cary will grow some more.
Besides the 3 pairs of breeders we got 18 juvies and all 24 fish were in excellent shape and swimming around and eating within 2 hours of being placed in their new homes. We got some red marlboro babies, violet reflections, and silver pigeons...it's been a while since I had small discus and I had forgotten how cute and precious the little ones were. They were begging for food and recognized me the first day they were with us. They are having a blast looking around all the driftwood, plants, and picking thru the gravel for any hints of a left over bloodworm......
I don't know how to post pictures but will try to email Al some pictues tomorrow and if he can be kind enough to post them for me I would love for you all to see how beautiful and healthy these fish are.
I would surely recommend Cary and Great Lakes Discus to anyone interested in purchasing awesome healthy discus.......I am so proud of my new fish and so happy to have them. Thanks again Cary for sending me such beautiful and healthy discus. I love them!!
Dawn

Elite Aquaria
03-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Dawn,

Great news...please post some pictures when you have a chance...I especially want to see the WB pair...I love Cary's WB's

dawncollette
03-23-2008, 01:15 AM
hey Dan, I will send some pictures to Al tomorrow....the white butterflys are stunning, I cannot get over how HUGE the male is....I have them in a 55 gallon tank with a divider and the leopards on the other side, but now that I see how big they are, I think I am going to put them in a 40 or 55 gallon tank by themselves so that they will have swimming room.
I am so excited to have these discus.
take care,
dawjn

Discus-Hans
03-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Cary all ways was and all ways will be THE MAN with TOP Discus,

Hans

uli and ria
03-23-2008, 08:43 AM
please post some pics, I went today three weeks ago to his store and bought 13. All ate when I got back to kazoo. All in great shape, and I am too very happy with Cary. THANKS CARY. uli and ria

bluedisc
03-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Me and my wife I have thought about Going to Detroit some day to Check out Great Lakes as well have only heard good reports about great lakes

Discus-Hans
03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
If you want to see Cary, you will find him most of the time here:

Choice Aquariums
27861 Orchard Lake Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Phone: 248 553 0414
http://www.choiceaquariums.com/ca/

Hans

Tonyintx
03-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi Dawn,
Cary is a class act and you can never go wrong with him or his fish, maybe sometime i can pass by and check your fish out. Congrats.

dawncollette
03-28-2008, 09:23 PM
hey tony, that would be great....where in SA are you located? I am out by 90 west off of 1604.....the fish are gorgeous and doing great!!!...keeping me very busy

MD Bandit
04-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I can echo all the comments about Cary here too. I have 7 GREAT looking fish here from him. Been a week today. There curious, and addictive to watch. Went out and bought ANOTHER tank last weekend (45 gal), for more fish from Cary.