PDA

View Full Version : marieland c360 canister filter problems

andy81
04-13-2008, 12:26 AM
anybody else having problems with these? i bought this filter new 6 mos ago and it started leaking. best i can tell it may be a problem with the oring on the motor housing. but its wierd, it ll leak on one side and then ill break it down and check everthing and then itll leak on the other side. am i wrong or is 6 mo way to early for this thing to start leaking, or for an oring to be bad? as much as this filter cost it should be built like a tank. i bought the marineland cause i had good luck with the penguin power filters. thought they made quality products.now im not so sure

uli and ria
04-13-2008, 10:27 AM
I got six 360, no problem leeking. But I use to have a problem with fluvals. One had a crack in the bottom, the other the ring was not right. On the 360 make sure your baskets are set in right,,sometimes they dont seat right and one side will be higher and when you place the motorhousing on top you will need to force it shut with the clamps. This is not good. when seated properly the motorhouseing should be clamped down without any force. Make sure also that you have the rubber orings between each basket except for the top. Also check the baskets, the grid come out of them to clean, cool feature I thought, check to see iff it is all the way in. I love mine, I even cut up the bottom filter, the black one into little rectangles and use them as a prefilter sponge on the intake tube. Its hepled tremendesly on keeping the tubes clean and the hoses and the filter pads.

andy81
04-13-2008, 11:59 AM
ive broken it down several times to no avail. i guess ill try it again. give it another thorogh cleaning and see what happens