PDA

View Full Version : Eihm sludge vacumn??

Don Trinko
05-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Has anyone used the Eihm vacumn? ( to clean sand) It is kindof pricey so I don not want to but one unless they work well. Thanks; Don T.

sophie68
05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi Don,

Do NOT bother. I bought one last year and I really don't like it. It does not seem to grab anything and is a real pain to keep clean. Of course, all this is my opinion. Maybe I am not using it properly...And it's expensive...I love my Python so much more!!!!!! I think it's just a gizmo...I used it maybe 10 times and now it's just laying there....:)

Sophie

Seastep
05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I have one and I absolutely love it. I don't know how it is cleaning tanks with gravel in them, but in my barebottom tanks it works just great!

Just before lights out every night, I quickly vaccuum up any uneaten food and poop lying around in the tank. It takes maybe two minutes and helps keep the tanks clean between water changes.

If your looking for a good price, check out Amazon. I got mine there for about $50, compared to $80 at the pet store websites!

-- Scott

sophie68
05-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi Scott,

I have sand in my tank and it really does not work well with sand IMHO. I think it's because it works on batteries. When the batteries are brand new, it works OK but I have noticed after a while, it really slows down. Maybe mine is defective...????;);););)
Glad you like yours!!!
S.

MSD
05-06-2008, 01:33 PM
To me it was a big waste of money, does a poor job and is just short enough to be annoying to use. If you increase the length is gets even less suction, avoid this item.