PDA

View Full Version : 5-7-08 Moving day

phidelt85
05-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, I moved the "babies" to an 8' 100gal. today. No major issues during the move. They took to the new tank quite well, and imagine they are loving the extra space. Time will tell. Interested how the lighting on this tank will affect their coloration as it has two halogens over it that give off more of a yellowish color.

Diamond Discus
05-07-2008, 03:04 PM
How big are they now Jose??

Lee C
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I moved the "babies" to an 8' 100gal. today. No major issues during the move. They took to the new tank quite well, and imagine they are loving the extra space. Time will tell. Interested how the lighting on this tank will affect their coloration as it has two halogens over it that give off more of a yellowish color.

Best lighting I have found to bring out the natural colors on my fish is the
18,000 K, Power-Glo distributed by Hagen.
Recommended for Marine and African Cichlid tanks to bring out the color.
Doesn't frighten the discus like intense lighting and it seems to make them eat more/grow faster......enhances the discus colors ;)
.... bulbs at PetSmart.
Lee

phidelt85
05-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Good to know, Lee, thanks!!

Sue, I measured one of the "middle of the road" guys during the move and he was about 4.5" TL. I would guess the two largest would be about 4.75"-5"

I moved my stunted red melon over to this tank as well as he's about the same size as some of the Alenquers, and the "cutest" thing happened. One of the Alenquers swam over to the left side of the tank were the RM was "cowering" and brought him over to the group where they were all eating FBW. Never seen that before it was pretty cool.

two utes
05-07-2008, 06:24 PM
That's great news Jose.
Looking forward to some pictures once they have settled in mate.
Sounds like they are growing nicely.
Keep up the good work.

Armandi_Fishcarer
05-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Jose

Good too hear they went well with the move, as long as water param's are same or close too Discus are usually ok. I know how Discus generally can be when moved ;)

The size they are now helps also :D

One of the Alenquers swam over to the left side of the tank were the RM was "cowering" and brought him over to the group where they were all eating FBW.Who said that animals don't have good hearts :D

Hope all goes well, can't wait too see some update pics in near future

Regards Armandi ;)

phidelt85
05-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks all, I'll try to get some sooner than later.

GrillMaster
05-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Looks like yer all set with these guys bud! They will love the extra space!! You have done well with them, an cant wait to see the spawnin pics!! :D :D :D

phidelt85
05-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Looks like yer all set with these guys bud! They will love the extra space!! You have done well with them, an cant wait to see the spawnin pics!! :D :D :D

I can't wait to see the spawnin' dance myself, Bud!! ;)