PDA

View Full Version : 4 adult in 29g?

Don Trinko
05-13-2008, 09:56 AM
first a short story; I bought 4 BD (2") 1 year and 2 months ago. ( that would make them aprox 1 year and 5 months now) All 4 were in the 29 untill 3 months ago. ( fake plants and gravel in all my tanks) One had an eye problem so I removed it to treat. It has been cured for several months. That is the only illness they have ever had.
They are now all 5" +. I was hoping to get a pair and then keep the pair in the 29 and remove the others to a display tank.
At present the BD is in a 29 with one other discus.With just 2 of them they are getting a little shy. I would like to put the one discus (PB)in my 75g and return the BD to the 29 with the other 3 in hopes of getting a pair. Thanks for your opinions. Don T.

MostlyDiscus
05-13-2008, 10:14 AM
In the recent past I put all my tangerines in one 90 tank. The posturing and fighting started after the first feeding. These fish were put together after a month of QT. I watched them for some time and what I found was the females or the males were agressive to each other but not much in the way of crossing sexes. This worked well for nailing down the sexes. 100 percent in fact of 7 fish. I then put pairs into 29 gallon tanks, did a water change with a four degree drop and boom. I use a central system so the move was not stressfull. Hope that helps. Ed