PDA

View Full Version : Receiving discus shipment

seanyuki
05-14-2008, 01:35 AM
I have ordered 5 Super Pigeon Checkerboard 4 to 4.5 ins US 120 each and 5 Ocean Green discus 4 ins US $70 each from this LFS in Oakland. They are suppose to arrive by Fed Ex to Point Roberts which is part of the States for me
to pick up and only 40 mins walking distance from my house in Tsawwassen in British Columbia. I was at Tsb Shipping plus at 13.45 local knowing that the Fed Ex van will be there as part of routine delivery.Tsb shipping plus is a receiving
outlet for Fed EX,UPS and United States Postal Services.I have a printed copy
of the signed delivery.So I went to the counter to get my parcel and the man could not find the parcel and the Fed ex van has gone. I showed him the sign proof copy and no one of that name is working there.He made a few phones call
checking if the parcel was dropped off at the wrong location. He phoned Fed Ex
and found out that the parcel is still in Bellingham Fed Ex station on hold to be picked up.I never asked the parcel to be held for pick up in Bellingham...as I have instructed the shipper to send to this address in Point Roberts 1574 Gulf Road,Point Roberts,WA 98281 for me to pick up .

http://www.tsbshipping.com/

Track Shipments/FedEx Kinko's Orders
Detailed Results Printable Version Printable Version Quick Help Quick Help

Tracking number
Signed for by
D.REICHERT
Ship date
May 8, 2008
Delivery date
May 9, 2008 9:45 AM

Destination
BELLINGHAM, WA
Delivered to
FedEx Location
Service type
Priority Overnight
Weight
51.0 lbs.

Status
Delivered

Signature image
available
Yes

Date/Time

Activity

Details

May 9, 2008 9:45 AM

Delivered

BELLINGHAM, WA

9:29 AM

At local FedEx facility

BELLINGHAM, WA

9:07 AM

At local FedEx facility

BELLINGHAM, WA

9:05 AM

Held at FedEx location for recipient pickup

BELLINGHAM, WA

Package available for pickup at: 4373 MITCHELL WAY

4:12 AM

At dest sort facility

SEATTLE, WA

2:47 AM

Departed FedEx location

OAKLAND, CA

May 8, 2008 6:46 PM

Left origin

OAKLAND, CA

5:17 PM

Picked up

OAKLAND, CA

Subscribe to tracking updates (optional)

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

E-mail address Language Exception updates Delivery updates

Select format: HTML Text Wireless

Add personal message:

Not available for Wireless or non-English characters.

By selecting this check box and the Submit button, I agree to these Terms and Conditions

Wrong Address?
Reduce future mistakes by using FedEx Address Checker.

Tracking a FedEx SmartPost Shipment?
Go to shipper login

When I went home and received a message on the answering machine around
3:45 pm from the Fed Ex Station Bellingham saying the parcel is ready for collection and also the parcel is leaking out water.Their office will close at six pm.I phoned Fed Ex customer services why the parcel was not sent to Point Roberts in the first place and they said the shipped has instructed them to be held in Bellingham with a sticker on the box as instruction.I requested them to send to Point Roberts the following day.She said will try but no guarantee.
I phoned Fed Ex early Saturday morning and they won't send to Point Roberts
during weekends and I mentioned it's livestock and won't last another day.
I was working On Saturday so I can't do anything.
I phoned the shipper and asked why the the parcel is still in Bellingham and not in Point Roberts and he did the same method the last time.He told me to make my own way to Bellingham to get the parcel.I have no car and nobody to drive me in the last minute and taxi one way is CAD $350...what am I suppose to do? I have not given up hope as hoping that Monday when the discus at Point Roberts some may survive. Then Monday morning I phoned Fed Ex Bellingham station at 9 am to check if the parcel is enroute to Point Roberts and they informed me that the box is soaking wet and they had to open the box and found out that all the discus are dead due to no water and oxygen.I told Fed Ex guy to contact the shipper as it's not my fault and I did not receive the parcel in good order.This morning I phoned Fed Ex just to cross check if the shipper is aware of the case.The shipper has instructed Fed EX Bellinham station staff to destroy the box and its content.

Am I held responsible for this mishap and should the shipper reimburse me.

Cheers
Francis

Solo707
05-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Sorry for your loss dude. I'm also sorry to say that you might have to bite the bullet on losses. But, on the otherhand the parcel was shipped to the wrong direction so maybe not. How did you pay? Is it possible to place a stop payment? Try anything you can man, nothings worse than paying for something you dont get.

Whenever in doubt, go the Kenny Cheung Route! You cant go wrong.

MSD
05-14-2008, 08:07 AM
If you paid by credit card put a claim in NOW to the card company as you never received the merchandise. They will dispute it for you and since you never received shipment they cannot charge your card. But call today!!

jeep
05-14-2008, 08:21 AM
1. Typical FedEx. They SUCK!!

2. A rental car is much cheaper than a taxi.

3. Those were some pretty steep prices in the first place.

4. I agree with MSD. Dispute the charges if you paid with a credit card.

Elite Aquaria
05-14-2008, 08:31 AM
I phoned Fed Ex customer services why the parcel was not sent to Point Roberts in the first place and they said the shipped has instructed them to be held in Bellingham with a sticker on the box as instruction.

Francis, Sorry about the mishap...I would just contact your supplier...responsibility will depend on what type of guarantees they have for live delivery.

Jeep, Looks like the issue was not due to an error on FedEx part but rather a miscommunication between shipper/receiver on what location to ship the fish to.

seanyuki
05-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi Solo707,
The payment was done by credit card.You are right on cos I never had any
problems with Kenny's Shipment in the past and the most recent one was less than one month ago and his packing method is the best in my opinion.

Cheers
Francis

Sorry for your loss dude. I'm also sorry to say that you might have to bite the bullet on losses. But, on the otherhand the parcel was shipped to the wrong direction so maybe not. How did you pay? Is it possible to place a stop payment? Try anything you can man, nothings worse than paying for something you dont get.

Whenever in doubt, go the Kenny Cheung Route! You cant go wrong.

seanyuki
05-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Jeep,

Fed Ex really sucks cos such a big company and won't do anything about it as I mentioned it's livestock.I have no driving licence so rental car won't help.
As fish price the bigger the fish the cost for it is more...The SPC are 4 to 5 ins
and are standard price for these fish.
I will wait for Louis (International Discus) to contact me first .

On the first day in Bellingham the parcel was leaking already........that's mean he did not pack it properly.

Cheers
Francis

1. Typical FedEx. They SUCK!!

2. A rental car is much cheaper than a taxi.

3. Those were some pretty steep prices in the first place.

4. I agree with MSD. Dispute the charges if you paid with a credit card.

seanyuki
05-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Dan,

I am still waiting for a reply from Louis (International Discus) being the shipper.He should have some kind of insurance shipping livestocks to customers.I will keep you people updated.

Cheers
Francis

Francis, Sorry about the mishap...I would just contact your supplier...responsibility will depend on what type of guarantees they have for live delivery.

Jeep, Looks like the issue was not due to an error on FedEx part but rather a miscommunication between shipper/receiver on what location to ship the fish to.

wgtaylor
05-14-2008, 11:03 AM
seanyuki,
FedEx has designated locations as "Hold for Pick-Up". If the fish were marked hold for pickup you would have to go to one of those locations only. Your airport is the first place, and safest the discus would arrive. Then the fish would be distributed by truck to other hold for pickup locations taking additional time, handling, temperature variations etc. In your case I believe what you wanted was "Ship To" and not "Hold for Pick-up". I would recommend everyone pick their fish up at FedEx's airport hold for pick-up ship center. Anyone wanting to receive fish shipped by FedEx should use their Hold for Pick-up Locator http://www.fedex.com/Dropoff/start?locale=en_US
seanyuki, I hope you work this out with the lfs in Oakland. They should have known where to ship to, not a fault of FedEx.

brewmaster15
05-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi all,
Initially I let this thread stay here as there was no mention of who the shipper was....it was just an advice thread on a shipment that went wrong...

If this thread starts to take on a flame threads tone...We will have to lock it...

Francis,
You are welcome to post your feedback on this transaction in the Livestock review board... That is where members share their positive or negative experiences with a vendor.

I hope you and the seller can work things out and this matter gets resolved for you in a fair manner...

best of luck,
al

seanyuki
05-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks Al,

I am sorry to have mentioned names but I am lost in this situation and just need second opinions how to settle the case in a friendly manner.

Cheers
Francis

seanyuki
05-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi Al.

Can you transfer the topic to the appropriate session Livestocks and Products reviews for me?

Many Thanks

Francis

pcsb23
05-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Moved as requested.

seanyuki
05-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Well after a tense weekend for me and the supplier.I have confirmed today with the Trace manager from Fed Ex that his company could have done better to solve the problem regarding livestocks and regret this mishap has happened to me and the fish supplier .
The supplier has filled the address correctly and mentioned to be picked up the parcel at Point Roberts as the final destination whereas Fed Ex misread the shipper's instruction and held the parcel at the Bellingham Fed Ex station for me to pick up according to Fed EX....The supplier has promised me another shipment of discus as compensation due to this unforeseen situation.I am very happy with this outcome cos myself and the fish supplier has resolved the problem in very professionally way.
This lesson taught me never again to receive livestocks on Friday whereas something may happen and nothing could be done over the weekends.Better play safe all the time

Cheers
Francis:)

April
05-15-2008, 01:30 PM
very glad things worked out francis. true..always try for the beginning of the week delivery. never put hold for pickup..if its point roberts. and never order during snowstorms or the truck wont go or bad weather. they cut out point roberts. happened to me..

seanyuki
05-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks April for the info.

Cheers
Francis

very glad things worked out francis. true..always try for the beginning of the week delivery. never put hold for pickup..if its point roberts. and never order during snowstorms or the truck wont go or bad weather. they cut out point roberts. happened to me..