PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Growth & Pro-More

thang45
05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Anyone selling Pro-More & Pro-Growth?
How much can you mix with 30g of pro-more with food?
Does pro growth works?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bluemarlin
05-19-2008, 09:10 AM
I got mine on aquabid from Uncle.
1 lb of each.
Just ordered Fri so I can not comment on if it works or not but I wanted to find out :D

I have read favorable things about this food though.

pcsb23
05-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Does pro growth works?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Don't know where you'll get it from, I get mine from a mad Irish friend (sorry Tony:o) . I do believe both products work.

seanyuki
05-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi thang45,

Got this from Andrew Soh himself.

Pro-Growth

Growth rate in the fish industry is very important. Faster growth means earlier harvest, which automatically translates to better profit margin. Beside profit, there are many other benefits. Bigger female lays bigger eggs, thus resulting in larger fry and lesser problems before weaning. With accelerated growth rate, fry can wean better and is easier to consume graded pellet-food or wet-food.

‘Pro-growth’ helps to promote appetite, growth and the total well being of your culture. It is also an immune booster, an antioxidant and a liver detoxifier. It is not a growth hormone.

This product can either be incorporated into feed manufacturing process or to soak feed into the above solution for 15 minutes before feeding.

Main ingredients:
Vitamin A
Vitamin D3
Vitamin E
Vitamin K
Vitamin B1
Vitamin B2
Vitamin B3
Vitamin B5
Vitamin B6
Vitamin B7
Vitamin B9
Vitamin B12
3 Amino acids

The ingredients in this product are produced synthetically and do not contain hormone, drug, steroid nor animal derivative.
Pro-Growth

Direction

Basic feeding schedule:
3 times daily and do not feed in excess as it may cloud water. Ensure that feed is consumed within 5 minute. This is to minimize excessive leaching. 5 minutes. Encapsulation is encouraged.

Feed and Supplement ratio:

Pellet feed: 2.5gm to 1 litre of water. Soak pallet for 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
Solid feed: 2.5gm to one kilo of feed (e.g. beef-heart).

*Even long-term dosage not exceeding 5 times the recommendation will not be harmful to fish but will cause cloudiness.

Pro-more

In a hatchery or fish farm where breeding is part and parcel a program in its operation, it is vital to ensure that the brooders get the best nutrition. Brooders are the ones that demand food with adequate nutrients not only for their personal well-being but also for the production of gametes. Most importantly, they need more of certain supplements to ensure minimal deformity in offspring, consistency and success of spawns and strong immunity against infection during nursing.
Through our research on the productivity of different strains of fishes with different concoction of proteins and vitamins, this very special supplement known as ‘Pro-More’ was born.

‘Pro-more’ will aid in producing more and primed milt resulting in effective fertilization. Eggs will increase in quantity and also improvement in quality. These two factors will lead to higher production of fry. Even fairly old males to certain extend are able to regenerate the reproductive organ to produce milt.

This product can either be incorporated into feed manufacturing process or to soak feed into the above solution for 15 minutes before feeding.

Main ingredients:
Vitamin A
Vitamin D3
Vitamin E
Vitamin K
Vitamin B1
Vitamin B2
Vitamin B3
Vitamin B5
Vitamin B6
Vitamin B7
Vitamin B9
Vitamin B12
3 Amino acids

The ingredients in this product are produced synthetically and do not contain hormone, drug, steroid nor animal derivative.

Pro-more

Direction

Basic feeding schedule:
Three times daily and do not feed in excess. Ensure that feed is being consumed within 5 minutes. This is to minimize excessive leaching. Encapsulation is encouraged.

Feed and Supplement ratio:
Pellet feed: One tablespoon to 1litre of water. Soak pellet in for 10 minutes
Solid feed: One tablespoon to 1 kilo. of feed (e.g. beef-heart)
For booster dose: Four tablespoon to one kilo feed for alternate months for six months.
*Even long-term dosage not exceeding 5 times the recommendation will not be harmful to fish.

Cheers
Francis:)

PS

I think Andrew has a sales rep in the States.:D

Does pro growth works?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MostlyDiscus
05-19-2008, 12:23 PM
I use both. I will buy more when the time comes. Ed

joe98ss
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I still would love to try some of this stuff if anyone has any or knows where I can get some please let me know. Thanks, Joe

aquagal
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
what is this stuff?

thang45
05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Don't know where you'll get it from, I get mine from a mad Irish friend (sorry Tony:o) . I do believe both products work.

Thanks Paul,

Hi thang45,

Got this from Andrew Soh himself.

Francis, thank you for the description, much appreciated. Do you know the rep or Andrew's contact info?

I use both. I will buy more when the time comes. Ed

Where did you get yours?

I have pm Bill but no response yet.

MostlyDiscus
05-20-2008, 12:15 AM
I was given mine by a friend Brent MacDonald out of Canada. I think he bought his from a friend in Ireland. I will check with him tomorrow for a connection.. Ed

thang45
05-20-2008, 09:41 AM
what is this stuff?

I think seanyuki explains it very well. As for the result, I have no clue yet, but I'm sure it is very good.

I was given mine by a friend Brent MacDonald out of Canada. I think he bought his from a friend in Ireland. I will check with him tomorrow for a connection.. Ed

Thank you in advance.

MostlyDiscus
05-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Hey BlueMarlin, Just a thought but I normally just put a pinch mixed in with a 2inch by 2 inch sq piece of turkeyheart. I have had mine for some time now and only used half of what I have, maybe 6 oz containers. Want to sell some? :D:D

joe98ss
05-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I think we need to get some kind of group purchase going. I know Kaceyo wanted some. If someone gets it shipped to their house I would gladly pay the extra shipping for them to ship it to me. Just a thought if anyones interested. Thanks, Joe

kaceyo
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi guys,
I would like to pick up some Pro-More. A group order might be just what's needed here.
Maybe Bluemarlin can let us know how things go with his purchase when it arrives?

Kacey

Bluemarlin
05-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I would be happy to let ya know how it goes :)
And from what I was told the guy on aquabid "Unclerick666" is the only place to get it in the US. I may be wrong on that but that's what I was told.

here is a link to one of his auctions

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?foodp&1211447401

(hope its ok to post that) I have nothing to do with him or promoting him just passing on info :)
Email him hes a nice guy that's what I did

I have 1 lb of each coming
Black gold
pro-gro
Attack

thang45
05-20-2008, 09:12 PM
I think we need to get some kind of group purchase going. I know Kaceyo wanted some. If someone gets it shipped to their house I would gladly pay the extra shipping for them to ship it to me. Just a thought if anyones interested. Thanks, Joe

Great idea. I'v though of that but was not sure if everyone is interested.

I would be happy to let ya know how it goes :)
And from what I was told the guy on aquabid "Unclerick666" is the only place to get it in the US. I may be wrong on that but that's what I was told.

here is a link to one of his auctions

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?food&1211430598

(hope its ok to post that) I have nothing to do with him or promoting him just passing on info :)
Email him hes a nice guy that's what I did

I have 1 lb of each coming
Black gold
pro-gro
Attack

Nothing is wrong with that. I look for him too but didn't see any pro-more under his name. I though he is not selling it anymore.

Bluemarlin
05-20-2008, 09:20 PM
I would e mail him and ask

I told him what I was feeding and the sizes
the 3 in that order is what he recommended for 2 to 3" Discus

kaceyo
05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't think the stuff on AquaBid is the same thing we're talking about. Pro-More and Pro-Growth are additives which can be mixed into BH mix. They are basicly vitamins and minerals as in Francis post.

Kacey

MostlyDiscus
05-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Not sure if thats Andrews pro grow or pro more. Let me know how it works for you... Thx Ed

seanyuki
05-20-2008, 11:17 PM
That's Andrew Soh's product.....and here's the link....and that what I am ordering.

http://promore.net/

Cheers
Francis

Not sure if thats Andrews pro grow or pro more. Let me know how it works for you... Thx Ed

MostlyDiscus
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes Seanyuki.... those are Andrew's.

pcsb23
05-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Not sure if Tony ships to the USA but drop him an email and he might be able to help...tony@discusireland.co.uk should find him.

ewok
05-21-2008, 04:31 PM
would it be correct to assume these are like supplements for discus? soak your food in these and then feed to fish?
it's confusing because at first i read this post and thought this was a pellet or flake or something...:confused:

luminary88
05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Spirulina (Blue-Green Algae) has every vitamin (A-Z) and every trace mineral on the planet within a naturally systematic balanced environment. It also has abundant chlorophyll and pycinonan(SP?). Why would you guys want to supplement their diet with SYNTHETIC vitamins that are unbalanced according to most Naturopath doctors and Holisitic Practioners, including myself. you have the benefits of a multi-vitamin plus immune enhancer, mood enhancer, and adaptogenic into one. Plus, it sounds like this pro-stuff is more expensive. Moreover, in every case study, synthetic man-made vitamins have been shown to only assimilate the human body between 5-35%. I assume it's the same in fish as well. I've been using Spirulina in abundance and has shown to speed up growth rates and immunity in my discus. Also, we humans can benefit from it as well. Also, astaxanthin is also a natural source of abundant vitamins and trace minerals, with the added benefit of immune enhancing properties. It's been shown to reduce the herpes virus within human beings. Both sources are great for the overall health and color of the fish. The blue-green pigment of spirulina enhances the blues and the astaxanthin of red algae enhances the reds and yellows. I thought this may help you guys.

kaceyo
05-22-2008, 02:53 PM
I already use both spirolina and astaxanthin in my fishes diets along with a multiple vitamin supplument. Pro-More, which is what I'm interested in, is designed for a specific purpose so can't be expected to be or compared with a balanced holisitic approach to discus keeping.
Not that that isn't a very good approach in general.

Kacey