PDA

View Full Version : New Camera!

Seastep
05-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Hey Everyone -

My camera crapped out, so I've been shut down as far as updates go. I bought a new one today and I think it may be way better for taking shot of my fish! (Amazing what reading the manual can do for the quality of your photography.)

Anyway, things are still going great. They've put on quite a bit of size since the last update and have grown into their "face paint." I think they look pretty sharp. I love all the fancy and crazy strains that the breeders have developed but I still think the more traditional looking Discus is something special.

My feeding and cleaning routine remains the same. I feed lightly four times a day. (FBH and Color Bits.) I do a massive (80%+) water change once a week. Other than that, I sit back and enjoy!

Here are the pictures.

-- Scott

phidelt85
05-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Lookin' good, Scott. How big do you figure them to be?

Kenny's Discus
05-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Scott, very well-cared for group of Alenquers for sure...your updated pics speak volumes.:) Keep up the nice work in no time you should have yourself some pair to breed with!

Kenny

two utes
05-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Just love that first photo of the whole group!
Keep up the good work, and them photos and reports coming.....please!:D

pcsb23
05-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Very nice! :D

brewmaster15
05-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Scott,
I have to say...I'm very impressed by what you have accomplished with the fry in your tank set up....Getting good growth from 1.5 inch discus in a gravel tank is very hard... but I have to say....you are definetly doing it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how these fish turn out compared to the other contest fish which are being raised very very differently from yours...

So far everyone's discus are looking great..

Thanks for the update and glad you like the strain..I love this line of alenquers.:D

-al

Tropical Haven
05-19-2008, 09:10 AM
I have to agree with everyone else on how nice these have turned out under your care, keep up the great work.

Seastep
05-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I'd love to be able to sit back and bask in the glow of your praise, but I think my good results are far more likely to be the result of the quality of the fish we Challengers were given in the first place. Al's fish are simply first rate. I've seen it time and time again here on Simply.... discussions about starting with quality fish from the beginning. I think that's the biggest lesson from the Challenge so far for me. Yes, good discus husbandry is important, but you MUST start with healthy and vigorous fish!

-- Scott

accessj
05-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi Scott:

I'm in the market for a new camera as well. What kind and model did you purchase?

thx, Judi

Seastep
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I bought a 10.1 Megapixel Sony Cybershot. I went with this one because it had this little pop-up window that explains what each setting does! When I was taking pictures of the fist last night, that was really helpful as I was trying to determine which the best setting was......

I got mine at Best Buy for about $275.

-- Scott

alpine
05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Scott, very nice fish .

Roberto.