PDA

View Full Version : connecting 2 tanks together with overflow

honeywell7000
05-28-2008, 03:45 PM
i have 2 tanks next to each other. tank #1 water level is about 6" higher than tank #2.

i want to basically connect the 2 tanks (in terms of water) together. have a pump in tank #2 to pump into tank #1. between the tanks is an overflow (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=62729).

question is: is this overflow going to work or do i need to modify it? any suggestions or advice? thanks

kyle

discussmith
05-28-2008, 05:05 PM
The overflow shown in the link will work just fine. If these tanks are setting next to each other, you will not need the "T" part in tank #2 but you should bring a piece up like shown just without the "T" to hold the siphon in power outages and such. The only concern will be that the pipe is sized large enough for the pump volume or you will have trouble filling tank #1 faster than it empties out into #2. If you copy the example in the link you will have no worry of siphon loss which would also cause tank #1 to overflow.

honeywell7000
05-29-2008, 09:16 AM
thanks for the info discussmith. i'll b running a magnum 350 so i figure 1"-1.5" diameter size should work.

kyle