PDA

View Full Version : USA - Georgia

brewmaster15
06-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi all,
If you want to be found by other hobbyists in your area you can list yourself and contact info here....This section will be state by state for the USA. If you want to start a thread please check to see if its already started ... If you start a Location Thread.. please follow the standard of Country First, then state or province etc.

Thanks,

al

Peachtree Discus
06-16-2008, 11:23 AM
i'm in atlanta (north). you can always send me a private message. i just purchased a domain that I am still setting up - :D www.bigdiscus.com :D. i will update this post with my contact info once i have implemented. have a great 1 & thanks.

Eyecandy
06-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi.. I'm Sue and live in Northern Georgia... Morganton.. about 1 1/2 hours north of Atlanta. You can always pm me and I'll quickly respond. Looking forward to meeting other flat fish friends in the area.

MickYoumans
03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Hi! I'm in Waynesboro, 20 miles south of Augusta. I'm new to discus fish but not to aquariums. I don't know how much I have to offer a this point but it is always great to meet other fish lovers in the area.

Mick

ikevi
03-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Just fyi everyone if you are in the Atlanta area, we have a large freshwater club. http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/

We also are holding our bi-annual large fish auction March 15th this year.

Niev
06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Hello, I am East of Atlanta and getting back into discus but not into breeding them.

sherry123
01-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Just getting set up with my aquarium and doing all the research I can before making my first purchase! Think i've already found who I'm getting them from :)

I'm south of Atlanta.

ILuvTropicalFish
01-13-2010, 03:56 PM
How cool is this! I have been keeping fish since 2003, both freshwater and saltwater. I have had a discus tank for about two years but have just recently found this website and the REAL scoop on keeping them. I am south of Atlanta, in Macon.

Peggy

scottishbloke
01-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi- I'm in Woodstock, just north of Atlanta, and have been keeping discus since June '09. Even though I'm a newbie, I've learned a vast amount about these jewels of the aquarium hobby, mainly due to the enormous information resources and experienced people on this forum, and have made two new friends in my area as well. This site totally rocks, and everyone is willing to help you succeed as a discus keeper, however obscure or dumb-sounding a question you might ask :D

Cheers Everyone, talk again soon,

Colin

scottthomas
01-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone, I live in Kennesaw and have been keeping and breeding discus for about 6 years. Ive met Colin. Super nice guy.

TheJohnner
02-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi, I live in Roswell and am new to discus. I got my fish from Chad in Acworth, and I keep a planted tank. Just trying to learn as much as possible from this great site and grow out my fish!

Larry Bugg
02-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Welcome, you should join the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association. We meet once a month with some great speakers covering different topics on both fish and plants along with a mini auction at the end of each meeting. We have a growing number of planted tank hobbyist (I'm one) and quite a few discus people, several hobbyist breeders of discus (I'm trying to be one). The next meeting is actually our semi annual auction on March 6th, and then back to our regular meetings on April 4th. You can find out more on our website here

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/

Also check out our forum here

http://atlantaaquarium.com/forum/index.php

Larry

Fishwhispererpam
04-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm NE of the ATL in Gwinnett County... Dacula. Also somewhat new to discus but not to FW aquariums. And I am certainly smitten with these round little guys. Hope to meet some of you one day.

Thanks!

Pam

Chad Adams
04-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm NE of the ATL in Gwinnett County... Dacula. Also somewhat new to discus but not to FW aquariums. And I am certainly smitten with these round little guys. Hope to meet some of you one day.
Thanks!
Pam
Hey Pam,
Welcome to Discus & Simply. Keep an eye on the Southeast Discus Enthusiasts section of this site. We are local, get together a few times a year & we are sponsoring the 2012 NADA discus show in Atlanta. Would love to have you on board with the club. PM or email Larry Bugg(Buggman) and he will put you on our contact list.
Chad

broncofan27
04-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Hey all I am Cliff and I live in the Woodstock area. Got intrigued by Larry to get into the discus hobby after meeting him through a craigslist exchange. I use to keep Oscars in a 150g tank and swapped with Larry for his 75. Still working through some issues with my initial fish but trying to follow the book as close as I can.

Fishwhispererpam
04-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey Pam,
Welcome to Discus & Simply. Keep an eye on the Southeast Discus Enthusiasts section of this site. We are local, get together a few times a year & we are sponsoring the 2012 NADA discus show in Atlanta. Would love to have you on board with the club. PM or email Larry Bugg(Buggman) and he will put you on our contact list.
Chad

thanks Chad! I have contacted him and want to be on the club list, so great! I am also interested in getting involved with the 2012 NADA !!

Chad Adams
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Great Pam, Just stay in touch & we'll find a place for you for sure.
Thanks,
Chad

Chuck S.
02-04-2014, 01:43 AM
Hello, all. I'm excited to resume discus keeping after a 10 year hiatus (kids, demanding job, etc.). I currently reside in the small town of Powder Springs, just west of Marietta.
It would be great to find a local breeder so that, for once, I can look at the little buggers before I pay for them. I look forward to meeting each of you at a local show or meeting.
Have a great day.

Chuck

Larry Bugg
02-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Hello, all. I'm excited to resume discus keeping after a 10 year hiatus (kids, demanding job, etc.). I currently reside in the small town of Powder Springs, just west of Marietta.
It would be great to find a local breeder so that, for once, I can look at the little buggers before I pay for them. I look forward to meeting each of you at a local show or meeting.
Have a great day.

Chuck

Welcome to SD. Your two local breeders are Sabres1 (Chad) and myself. Chad lives in Acworth and I live in Cumming.

Chad currently has discus available that you can see in these two threads.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?109183-Stendker-Ring-Leopard-Pigeon-Blood-Offspring

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?111672-Ring-Leopard-Pigeon-F1-x-F1-Spawn-January-2014

You can see what I have available here

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showthread.php?8797-Discus-Juvies-Adults-and-a-Proven-Pair

Searley
02-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Just setting up a fish room for the first time and plan on including discus and angels.
Live in Decatur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chad Adams
02-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Have a great day.
Chuck

Welcome back Chuck! Glad you're back in the hobby and have found such a great website to learn from.

Just setting up a fish room for the first time and plan on including discus and angels.
Live in Decatur.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to SimplyDiscus! Contact Larry Bugg on the forum here and he can add you to our contact list for our local club:)

Chad

wynford
02-18-2014, 10:07 PM
New freshwater aquarium setup here.
I have been doing reef/salt water aquariums for the last 15 years. I am very interested in adding Discus to me 75 Gal planted tank. I am currently looking to add a couple 4-5 inch discus. If any one has any available, let me know.
Wynford

OC Discus
02-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Larry

Just saw your youtube video. Very nice. Is the red pair the santarem parents? Also the blue pair- what is the dark blue- scorpian? What are the parents? Id like to see your operation sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Bugg
02-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Larry

Just saw your youtube video. Very nice. Is the red pair the santarem parents? Also the blue pair- what is the dark blue- scorpian? What are the parents? Id like to see your operation sometime.

Well not positive I know for sure which you are referring to so in the video. The first pair are a Male Stendker Fire Red from Hans and the Female is a Super Red Melon from Mike Beals. I have 3 week old fry from them but they are not shown in the video. The Santerm parents (Stendker from Hans) are at 1.36 in the video. I believe the blue pair you are referring to are at 3.07 in the video. This is a Stendker Flachen pair, again from Hans. Most Stendker Flachen are a green shade but you will find some that are close to a blue/violet shade as my pair are. You won't find very many like this. The male was one of the Show fish at NADA 2012. Hope that helps. Visitors are always welcome in my Fish room. In the Atlanta area sometime...........give me a shout.

Larry Bugg
02-18-2014, 11:59 PM
New freshwater aquarium setup here.
I have been doing reef/salt water aquariums for the last 15 years. I am very interested in adding Discus to me 75 Gal planted tank. I am currently looking to add a couple 4-5 inch discus. If any one has any available, let me know.
Wynford

Chad may have a couple of 4 to 5 inch available. I have 3 - 5" wilds available and I have two 6"+ domestics available. You can see the 6" in the thread I posted above. Interested in the wilds, let me know and I can get you some pics.

wynford
02-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Larry, not sure if my tank is right for the wilds, I run it at ph of 7 and a temp of 82. What would the coloring be on the wilds? I am located in Marietta Ga.
I don't seem to be able to reply to Chad's orginial post. I don't know if he follows this thread or not, if he does ....
Chad do you still have some of the leopard/pigeon blood offspring available? If so how big are they currently? I would be interested in a couple of them, depending on the price of course.
wynford

Chad Adams
02-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Hey Wynford,

I am currently out if town right now. I'll throw you a PM or Email when I return to Acworth.

Chad

wynford
02-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Chad, sounds good!
wynford@aol.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keeryn
05-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Hi, I'm just venturing into the world of Discus, Have kept Angels for many years and a few other fresh water tanks. I've been reading up on here and kind of getting my bearings. Finally took the plunge a few weeks back and bought my first Discus from Chad (cute little buggers!). My children are grown and think I've just gone crazy, with the tanks. LOL. Oh well heres to insanity. (or maybe they are my sanity?). I'm in Cartersville.

OC Discus
05-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Welcome Karen,

How about some pictures of the fish.

Hi, I'm just venturing into the world of Discus, Have kept Angels for many years and a few other fresh water tanks. I've been reading up on here and kind of getting my bearings. Finally took the plunge a few weeks back and bought my first Discus from Chad (cute little buggers!). My children are grown and think I've just gone crazy, with the tanks. LOL. Oh well heres to insanity. (or maybe they are my sanity?). I'm in Cartersville.

keeryn
05-20-2014, 01:23 PM
heres a couple pics, I can never seem to get good ones. LOL. The smaller ones are the ring leopard PB's from Chad, and the larger ones are blue Turqs I got from Creation Reef.

SnapScott
06-26-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm on the south side of Atlanta and new to discus (but studying daily). I have 6 juveniles and always looking to add more.

lubrik
08-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone!
I'm in Dacula Ga, not new with FW aquarium, keeping Discus for at least 6 years. I got my first Discus from Ken.

fish_guy
03-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Marietta Ga here.
New to Discus, but 30 plus years in the aquarium hobby

Chad Adams
04-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Marietta Ga here.
New to Discus, but 30 plus years in the aquarium hobby

Welcome my friend. Contact Larry Bugg or myself if you ever need anything!

Chad

farleys
06-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Hi Y'all, I'm Mike. I live in Marietta / East Cobb area, North of Atlanta. I started with discus a couple of years back with some Stendker Snakeskin Red from Discus Hans. This year saw their first successful spawn and now I'm running out of room for them. Will grow them a bit more, and then try my luck at selling a few.87536

jennaveere
08-17-2015, 12:15 AM
Hi guys!
I'm Jenn, I live in Buford, GA. I'm at the end of my fishless cycle. Hoping to order from Kenny in September.

indianhotriff
03-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Hi, I am Patrick. Just moved to Newnan, GA.

Lindad
10-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Hi, all. I'm in Decatur. I currently raise angelfish, and am hoping to expand into discus in the near future.

Linda