PDA

View Full Version : USA - Ohio

brewmaster15
06-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Hi all,
If you want to be found by other hobbyists in your area you can list yourself and contact info here....This section will be state by state for the USA. If you want to start a thread please check to see if its already started ... If you start a Location Thread.. please follow the standard of Country First, then state or province etc.

Thanks,

al

Don Trinko
06-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Don Trinko in Arlington ohio 45814 ( just south of Findlay). Email is dontrinko@yahoo.com. 5 tanks with discus. ( 2 29s, 1 75 and 1 55) 20 discus total at the moment.

jimmyjoe
12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Jim Schmidt. live up in northwest Ohio, North Ridgeville 44039 just about 25 miles west of Cleveland. All I do is raise and breed Discus, have 4-29s, 1-50, 1-55, 3-75s, 1-92 corner tank and a 120 gal. Lets see at the momment fish wise I have 42 adults, 14 juvies and 75-100 babies just off the back of mom & dad. I do sell discus but don't ship yet, you can e-mail me at pearlsjim@yahoo.com. Best of luck to all Jim

rick.c
12-24-2008, 07:49 PM
rick colegrove hilliard ohio 43026 suburb of columbus I raise discus and angels still buying good stock and seting up a fish room . colegrove287@aol.com

thanks rick

zamboniMan
01-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Josh Brock
Cincinnati, OH
Brock.Joshua@gmail.com

ericatdallas
04-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Eric
Dayton OH
PM me

kevin joseph
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
kevin joseph= josh kevin is my sons name.
fairborn oh-dayton oh
pm me
p.s at the moment i have 1 huge high body golden red mellon for sale.mike beals stock. pm if interested. i can send some pics by phone.pick up

Scott293
05-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Scott Grammer
Cincinnati OH
I currently have youngsters I am growing out. The pairs should be coming in the future followed by eggs and fry and then more youngsters. Current discus I have now are. Pigeons, Scarlets, Scribbled Turqs, Tangerines, blue diamonds, whites, yellows

SeaDragon
09-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Julia Dettore
Delaware OH
I've been doing Discus since the spring of 09, it's been great to be in this hobby with everyone. I have a 90gal Discus only tank and a 20gal breeding tank. I have 5 Discus currently, 2 Green turquoises, Altum Snakeskin, Leopard, and a Red dragon high body. Hoping to sell these larger Discus to get a group of small ones, If you're interested in any of these awesome fish PM me!

MikeF
09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Mike Fogle. I live in Cambridge Ohio. About 70 minutes East of Columbus. I have been doing dicus for a while. It seems like it is a love/hate relationship. I will get a ton of discus, then life gets crazy. I end up sellling most of my stock, then I reload. Hoping to start breeding discus sometime soon.
MikeF

Darsenion
09-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Darsenion. Cleveland,OH. I have a 75 with 5 discus. Breeding unwillingly 4 of the 5. A San Merah/turq and ARSG/PE my white butterfly is pretty lonely. Willing be looking for a couple more. Maybe from Jim?;)

Bud Smith
09-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Bud Smith Lima, Ohio . I have a 75 gallon with colbalt-red white-lepoard-red gold diamond-yellow white-blue scorpion/blue diamond cross-albino
I am going to sell a 6inch pigeon blood-6 inch pigeon with blue and orange-6 inch blue turquoise-3.5 inch blue diamond and a 5 inch male
albino bristlenose pleco - all for $100 PM if interested

Ed Gray
09-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi all Im on the Indiana ohio border in Richmond Indiana. Its 25 west of Vandalia (Dayton Airport)
I currently have a 56 gal with 6 discus / a 65 gal with 4 discus / 55 Breeder tank with 6 large discus - Pair soon I hope
Im alway looking for a good deal on larger discus They dont have to be g

jimmyjoe
09-27-2011, 05:17 PM
I have some large Carnation Snakeskinsup on AquaBid, also some Blue Cobalt;s that where crossed with a Gold Melon very nice all in the 5-6.5" range at a great price. Also some smaller Blue scriblets and Carnation Snakeskins about the 3-3.5" range also on AquaBid. I'm in the Lorain County area west of Cleveland, look at my auction's on AquaBid..................Jim in Ohio

ghurlag
12-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello! I'm Brian, from Middletown, OH (between Cincinnati and Dayton). No discus yet (still researching), but I have a 40 gallon breeder mixed reef, and a 20 gallon high planted tank for my pair of German Blue Rams (almost sure they are both males, though :( ). I've been in the aquarium hobby for nearly 20 years, and have seen a lot, but there's always more to learn

sbayzden
02-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi!! My name is Sharyn. I'm from northern Tuscarawas County, in the grand state oh OHIO!! Looks as if there are a number of us here in Ohio. I used to have Discus 8 years ago, I had moved many times over the past several years and wasn't able to get things put back together the way I wanted. After a few serious health problems resolved, I am now situated again to start this all over again. I currently have 4-55 gal tanks, 6-29's and I am looking to add on 4-75's very soon. I have a 5 year old granddaughter that is dying to get her first group of Discus and is eager to get it going. The future of all things are in the hands of our children/grandchildren. So teach them well!! They are sponges~they absorb more than given credit for.
So nice to meet all my state friends!!

brookeelyse
02-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi, I'm Brooke, from Columbus, OH (Central). I have a 125 planted community tank with 13 discus (cobalt, red melon, yellow crystal, ring leopard, red fire, and leopard snakeskin). I'm currently in the research stage for a discus biotope with wild type discus. I've had aquariums on and off since I was a kid, but this is my first go-round with discus. Very happy with them!

mb771544
12-19-2013, 01:35 PM
My name is Matt and I live in the Columbus area. I am new to the hobby and learning every day. I recently picked up 3 small Blue Turq discus that I have in a 30 gallon grow out tank and eventually they will go into my 125 planted. I have kept fish practically my whole life and currently have discus, angelfish, tetras, corys, and several plecos. Even though I've only had these little guys a couple of weeks I am already hooked and can't wait to get more discus.

LadyGemini60
04-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Bud Smith Lima, Ohio . I have a 75 gallon with colbalt-red white-lepoard-red gold diamond-yellow white-blue scorpion/blue diamond cross-albino
I am going to sell a 6inch pigeon blood-6 inch pigeon with blue and orange-6 inch blue turquoise-3.5 inch blue diamond and a 5 inch male
albino bristlenose pleco - all for $100 PM if interestedHi Bud, I am new to Simply Discus, and saw your message yesterday and took me until today to find it again. But if you still have the discus for sale, I'd like to buy them. I live near Cincinnati, and would gladly drive to Lima to pick them up. You say when and I'm on my way. During the day. Call me and we can make the arrangements.
Mary

Bud Smith
04-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Hello Mary - glad to see another buckeye keeping discus. These have been sold but I do have a fishroom full of various strains I am growing out. When you are able send me a private message

LadyGemini60
04-22-2014, 07:18 PM
How do I do a private message?
Mary

Bud Smith
04-23-2014, 06:15 AM
How do I do a private message?
Mary

Since you are new go FAQ at the top of the page and you can find info on how to navigate the site. I believe you will have to post ten times before you can send a message.

n0kjf
10-16-2014, 01:51 AM
Hi,

I live in Lakewood, Ohio 44107, (Cleveland). I am new to Discus for the second time. I had to give it up for a few years and I'd like to jump back in. Is it possible to get a few relatively cheap locally to re-establish my skills?

Thanks,
Lew Heifner

briggadane
11-27-2014, 11:46 PM
Lew, no discus are cheap. You wouldn't want one that was. RMS has those. If you want inexpensive discus, start with babies someone here is selling. Make it within driving distance now, shipping in our unpredictable temps will not likely get you live fish. I just moved from Lakewood(had 2 75 gallon tanks of them) to Olmsted Twp. Now I just have one 125g of them. I sold my adults when I moved and just got 5 juvies at the OCA show last week.

n0kjf
01-09-2015, 04:31 AM
I figured we would not be able to really cheap fish, but I don't want to pay premium pricing for substandard fish. We missed the OCA show and missed the January meeting when I had planned to join. Too many things happening at the end of the year so the timing to get some fish that require good care wasn't right. I'll keep lurking around and looking, if you end up with some fry, contact me. I have 2 55s and a 58, that I plan to dedicate to Discus.

Thanks,
Lew Heifner

briggadane
03-09-2015, 11:32 PM
To all the Ohioians, there are some good breeders of discus in our state. Babies that are just under half dollar size, still in the brown fry stage run about $17. Silver dollar size, starting to show colors are $25-30.

Try North East Ohio Discus(Akron area) or Bill Deems( through 'LarryP' on the Aqua auction site we all know).

joshlandis24
04-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Im new to the site an new to keeping discus ive kept everything else wanted to try something new...just got rid of my 450 gallon peacock bass tank an now have a 150 tall planted tank with 7 small discus.im in columbus an would love to have ppl to bounce ideas an fish talk with...thanks josh...

Buckeye
04-07-2015, 08:14 PM
In the Mansfield area, getting back into discus. Its been a few decades lol. Good to find a good group. lots of experience with all kinds of critters wet and dry. Many no longer legal to import.

ddr1981
05-30-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm Dan and live in Piqua, Ohio (North of Dayton). I haven’t had fish since I was a kid. A friend recently sucked me back into the hobby by giving me a 26-gallon aquarium with Platies and Neons. It became an obsession (hours of night and day reading/research) and a month later I bought a 110 High aquarium. I am about a month away from buying 12 Discus from Hans. I also have two dogs (Standard Poodle & Italian Greyhound) and have ridden horses (mainly Saddlebreds) for years.

Feel free to private message me.

jjduen
08-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Good evening, my name is John.

I am new to SimplyDiscus but not new to Discus. My first pair were Schmidt-Focke #7

I live in Perry Ohio, about 30 miles east of Cleveland almost on the Lake.

I have been a member of several fish clubs in the local area and had the distinction of being a Grand Master Breeder.

I have been out of fish for fourteen years and now plan to get back in.

I have a 65 gallon ready once I find what strain I want.

Marka
08-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Hello Fellow Ohioans Mark Thomas From North Bloomfield Ohio just getting into the Discus
I am between Cleveland and Youngstown in the Northern part of Ohio.

cedar
08-24-2015, 10:55 PM
Hi all,Susan here from canada,manitoba,winnipeg....I have 1-90g with 13 juvies growing. 1-90g with assorted cichlids. I just want to say I love reading all the posts here on sd. I have learnt a lot!

Fish Tank Travis
02-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Hello everybody,

My name is Travis and I am located in Dayton, OH. I have seen that a few others are as well. I would really like to find out if there are any good events in the Dayton area or not too far from it. Please feel free to comment on anything that you all know about.

I have not yet gotten any discus but I am currently planning on getting a few in the next few months. I would like to grow them out in a bare bottom 29 gallon tank and then move them over to a 125 or larger planted tank, that I plan on getting in the next few months and setting up. The discus will not go into it for quite some time.

Anyway, that's my brief plan. I am working on doing my research so that I am as prepared as I can be when the time comes.

Thanks everyone!

jack
04-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Hey Hey!

Jack from Mason,OH (45min north from cinci, 45 min south from dayton)

Just starting to get into Discus. Would love to see your setups if you're around me!

Teach me everything :D feel free to pm me anything.

Mattgrizzlybear
05-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Matt from Parma Ohio (10 mi. South of Cleveland)

Currently raising out 7 juvenile cobalts to hopefully breed

Also do reptiles and mbuna

Feel free to PM me or email me @ Mattgrizzlybear@gmail.com

Thanks!

GivensOU
05-05-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm going to NADA? Anyone else going from the Buckeye state?

WmTasker
01-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Billy and I am from Crestline (around Mansfield) I am making the switch from keeping saltwater reef aquariums to discus this year. As I look around I don't see many breeders in Ohio. Can anyone point me in the directions of some reliable breeders? Thanks again. I accidentally posted this in another thread also. So I apologize if you area seeing it twice.

Landon722
01-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Landon from Arlington Ohio just south of Findlay. I've been a member for a little while but never posted. Have produced tons of angelfish over the years but have recently gotten into discus and enjoy these fish a lot.

Phillydubs
01-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Welcome! Saw your angels as well super nice! The more and more I see angels the more I think of trying some out, never had them...

DRD2840
01-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Hi Jim,
Are you still into discus? I live in Brunswick Ohio and was hoping to find a mentor for breeding discus. I have two pair that lay eggs but they do not hatch. They do not turn white, so I think they are fertilized. You could call me at 330 273 2840. I have a pair of Fuji red and Red Checkerboard that have paired. They are from Kenny's Discus.

Don Dowling

Captain Discus
01-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Hello all.
Tom here from the south part of the state. Cincinnati on the east side.
Currently running 3- 125 gallon 1- 75 gallon all grow out tanks and a 12- 30 gallon breeder setup with 3 pair right now. all from simply sponsors.
The name Captain discus does not necessarily mean I know much, just when I became a member and was filling out the form that is what came out.(probably the 15 year scotch had something to do with that).
Any way glad I joined.

scottr
03-25-2018, 09:52 AM
Hi All!
Located in Union KY, so not technically Ohio but close enough. I was actually born and breed in Cincinnati but moved 10 miles south of the border about 15 years ago.
Current setup is: 2 - 20 gallon breeder tanks, 1 - 40 gallon and 1 - 55 gallon grow out tanks. Breeder tanks have two pair of Red Turquoise, that have each spawned and raised two groups of juvies.

Also a 125 gallon show tank with various strains of Discus.

Neo922
05-31-2018, 09:44 PM
Hello All,
I am from Solon in the Suburb's of Cleveland. Currently raising a pigeon blood, red scribblet and a cobalt discus in a 55 gallon , Some guppies in a 30 gallon and couple 10 gallons.

Have finally got into discus after 15 years in the hobby. :)

danotaylor
06-02-2018, 12:14 PM
g'day folks. i live in cincinnati. recently moved down from monclova oh. grew up in brisbane, and met my american bride in perth australia. in the process of selling off my tanganyikan community to vacate my 125gal for a group of 10-12 discus.

Cove Beach
09-13-2018, 05:34 PM
Hello, Mark living in Sheffield Lake. New to Discus but have had a saltwater reef for 18 yrs and everything from Bettas to Oscars when i was much younger. Currently 245Gal display with basement sump and a variety of 5-6" fish from Kenny's Discus with 3 pairs laying eggs in the display. I plan to add another group next year maybe and at that point move a couple pairs into breeding setups.