PDA

View Full Version : Eheim pump

Juzza
06-24-2008, 12:51 AM
I just bought a eheim universal pump 1260, it arrived today...i am planning to use it as an submersible for water changes.

When i placed it into the water...it started pumping water for about 5 seconds...then it continuously stops and starts. Just wondering if anyone would know what was wrong?..it is brand new

Justin

Juzza
06-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Also i have noticed the impeller is spinning then stops

Justin

Juzza
06-24-2008, 03:27 AM
hmm, i still dont know whats wrong, trying to change a few varibles to see if it starts to work...

after you give it a rest...it spins longer...say 20 sec...then it stops and starts again. Iv tried changing the adapter that it needs, tried to run it a bit longer, trying right now to see if its a temperature problem (doubt it)...

Looking forward to your replies =D

Justin

if not ill prob give eheim a ring, and send it to my local supplier to get it checked. It does have a warrenty of 2 years, off the top of my head. But what a nuisance...

alxjss
06-24-2008, 05:24 AM
Hi justin. I just bought one of them and have it in my sump. I have had 0 probs. Love it. u might have got a defective one. Is there a # that u can call to inquire? Try that. Then i would call the supplier and see about a diff. one.

Juzza
06-24-2008, 08:22 AM
hmmm heres the warrenty information from marine depot

if product is defective > 'In such case, we will replace the product with an even exchange of the same item, subject to in-stock availability. Damaged items sent back to MarineDepot.com will to be sent to the manufacturer for evaluation and inspection. Replacement items ship the same day the manufacturer approves a replacement. Products designated as “all sales final”, “no returns” or similar language may not be returned and warranty claims require direct contact with the manufacturer of the product.'

Man if i have to ship back to CA...i should of just bought it in australia...but you know, the 1260 is $125 there...and its $350 here ahahah. shipping, cost me 80$ and ofcourse i bought other stuff. :mad::mad::mad:

Darrell Ward
06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
I have 2 Eheim pumps. One is a 1260 that I use as a return pump on a 125. The other is a 1262 used on a 240. Both work flawlessly. Though I do wish the 1262 was a little more powerful. Anyway, I think you may have a dud. You have the honor of being the first person I've heard of to get a bad Eheim pump.

Juzza
06-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I think i figured out what was wrong, because i bought this pump in the US the pump requires 120V. But the outlet for australia is 230V...so i was probably frying the pump :o time to see if it is true, going to go buy a power converter now.

Justin