PDA

View Full Version : Air Exchanger

pwsusi
07-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Well, gonna break down and buy an air exchanger. The humidity in the hatchery is just too high and I can't take the risk of doing damage to my house.

A couple people I know have the one Jehmco sells. Looks like a nice unit; it is pricey though as I know most HRV air exchangers are. I came across this one that is quite a bit cheaper and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Reading the specs I believe it will serve its purpose. I'm not intending to hook it up to do my whole house, only a small fishroom that is about 20x20
Suncourt AIRIVA™ HE100

http://www.iaqsource.com/product.php?p=suncourt_he100&product=111242&category=945

If anyone has any suggestions for a good/reasonably priced air exchanger please let me know. I want to hook one up asap.

Thanks,
Paul

Tropical Haven
07-05-2008, 06:01 PM
This unit should work just fine, and for the price it is hard to ignore it.

Discus-Hans
07-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Paul,

Just give John at Jehmco a call and ask his opinion about that unit compaird to what he sells.
As I know John very well he will give you his opinion, what I like about Jehmco/John, they know from experiance what we "fish room people" need.

Hans

pwsusi
07-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys. Best price i found is $475 which includes shipping. Very good price, but before pulling the trigger I'll give John a call to get his thoughts.

Paul

pwsusi
07-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Ok I bought the air exchanger and it arrived last night. I've got it mounted and ready to go but haven't run the duct work yet. Before I do that I have a question for you guys that are currently using one....

The instructions show a typical installation where the stale air intake is in the basement and duct work is run to an attic or second floor for the fresh air. My fishroom (in the basement) is about 20x20 and is well insulated (to keep the heat in). There is about 2500 gallons in that small space and humidity can get up in 80% or higher. My house has 2 floors and I do not have humidity problems outside of the fishroom itself. So I do not plan on running the fresh air up to the second floor.

So given that the room is basically air tight, do you think i should both pull the stale air from the fishroom as well as push fresh air into the same room? Or, do you think I should only pull the stale air from that room and push the fresh air into a different room in the basement?

I'm leaning towards pushing the fresh air in the room since it is insulated so well...but do not want to suck up the fresh air through the stale air intake. So I'm thinking it might be best if i pull the stale air from one side of the room and push the fresh air to the opposite side. Before I do this I wanted to run it by some others that are using air exchangers. I'm also going to call the manufacturer on Monday....but I'd really like to hear from people with fishroom experience.

Thanks,
Paul