PDA

View Full Version : If Your Looking for ABN's.....

BOBT00LS
07-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Hello All. I think its a known fact here on Simply that keeping a few Albino Bristlenose Pleco's in our tanks makes our job of keeping the tanks clean alot easier. The local Pet shop by me sells them for $10 to $12 each. I get mine from a seller on Aquabid who goes by the name BLUERAM06. I have purchased from him in the past and just received thirteen 2" ABN's from him today. These arent babies and he sells them at what I believe is a great price. He shipped me 13 for $43.00 including shipping. That comes out to $3.30 each shipped. Sure beats ten to twelve dollars each. Check him out if your looking.

Bob

subcooler
07-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info!
I've also been looking for some high temp strains of Cories(Sterbai) or any others you can think of.
I see them listed on Vladiscus(philly)-10$
Any ideas for Sterbai cories vendor's?
Rob

BOBT00LS
07-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Hello Rob,

I have albino cories in my tanks that I picked up from the local pet shop as they were only $2 each there. They have been in my tanks for over 6 months now and seem to do well in the warm water. I have been to Vlads place in Feasterville, PA, and he has a nice clean setup. He is a good guy.

Bob

dpt8
07-19-2008, 09:51 AM
I too am looking for "clean" sterbais and aldophi Let me know how you do in finding some OK Rob ?? By the way, did you set up any more discus tanks ?? :9) David T

subcooler
07-19-2008, 10:09 AM
David,
Since June meeting @ Al's
1)outrageous electric bill
2) rearended in work van(7/14)-emergency room visit(back pain)
So needless to say I'm in a holding pattern-Seem to have my handsful with the tanks I got running.Luckily W/C system is user friendly & not a pain in the back;)
I'm really interested in starting a planted/tetra tank-on hold till finances worked out.
I'll keep you in the loop in I find a source for Cories.
Looking forward to next NE Discus club Mtg.
Thanks for asking & keep in touch,
Rob

LizStreithorst
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Hello All. I think its a known fact here on Simply that keeping a few Albino Bristlenose Pleco's in our tanks makes our job of keeping the tanks clean alot easier. The local Pet shop by me sells them for $10 to $12 each. I get mine from a seller on Aquabid who goes by the name BLUERAM06. I have purchased from him in the past and just received thirteen 2" ABN's from him today. These arent babies and he sells them at what I believe is a great price. He shipped me 13 for $43.00 including shipping. That comes out to $3.30 each shipped. Sure beats ten to twelve dollars each. Check him out if your looking.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I've been wanting some.

BOBT00LS
07-19-2008, 01:23 PM
You're very welcome Liz. The gentlemans name is Jay and I gave him the heads up that some members on here may be interested. He has a few auctions running now on Aquabid. If your looking for more then the groups he is auctioning, just send him a message about how many you may want. He normally can accomodate.

Bob

LizStreithorst
07-19-2008, 11:13 PM
You're very welcome Liz. The gentlemans name is Jay and I gave him the heads up that some members on here may be interested. He has a few auctions running now on Aquabid. If your looking for more then the groups he is auctioning, just send him a message about how many you may want. He normally can accomodate.

Bob

I just won his auction for 12 @2" for $33. I'll be e-mailing him shortly.

Wahter
07-20-2008, 12:56 AM
I just won his auction for 12 @2" for $33. I'll be e-mailing him shortly.

Good Luck Liz!!! Now don't forget to get some of those "black and white striped" pl*cos too! :)

Walter

ShinShin
07-20-2008, 01:29 AM
I have had good dealings with this person as well.

Mat

LizStreithorst
07-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Easier to pay $33 for 12 than $433 for one, Walter.

korbi_doc
07-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Jay is not there tonite, anyone know how to email him, or call?...I need some plecos, either albino or regular color, no matter...

Dottie

BOBT00LS
07-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Hello Dottie,

His email is blueram06@hotmail.com

Bob

korbi_doc
07-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks Bob, Jay answered me & I'm going to get some, was worried 'bout mailing in the heat down here, but he tells me they do ok with it & have had no problems....

Dottie

LizStreithorst
07-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Mine arrived today. Packing was excellent. The fish all arrived safe and sound. Plus, he sent me an extra one.

korbi_doc
07-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Mine arrived today. Packing was excellent. The fish all arrived safe and sound. Plus, he sent me an extra one.

:D Ditto here too, Liz...so far so good, now just have to decide how to feed, besides zucchini & spinach....couple are very small, hope they grow well....

Dottie ;)

dpt8
07-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey Girls, How much was the shipping for your ABN's ?? Does Jay carry cory's ? Thanks, David

BOBT00LS
07-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Hello David. Im not sure what the girls paid for shipping but Jay charged me $10.00 . The ones I received are doing great and the glass in my tanks is clean as can be.

Bob

dpt8
07-27-2008, 07:43 PM
WOW !! That's great.. Thanks Bob !! Hope all your fish are doing awesome.. David T

Ryan
07-31-2008, 12:20 PM
I won an auction yesterday for twelve 2" ABNs. I'll let you know how things turn out with the shipping.

Liz and Dottie, did you have yours sent Express or Priority? How long did it take for you to get them?

BOBT00LS
07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Hello Ryan. Mine were sent priority 2 day and all arrived well. Packing was great with each ABN in its own bag. It seems as though Jay sends one extra to everyone. Mine are doing great and were two inches if not bigger, all of them. Cant beat the price and your not getting little one inch ABN's like I have received from other sellers.

Bob

LizStreithorst
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Mine arrived in 2 days, as well. Since I'm off work on Thursdays, he shipped them Tuesday evening. Like Bob's they were all bagged individually, all arrived in great shape, and all are doing well and working VERY hard in my tanks.

Ryan
07-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Sounds great. I'm excited. I got some great ones from Chrisb here on the forum but unfortunately I killed them all during a copper treatment. You can definitely see the difference in my tank. I'm having to scrub down the sides every few days when before the tanks looked spotless.

I'll get a QT tank and some veggies/driftwood ready :)

Ryan
08-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I got my plecos this morning. They arrived in two days and everything was packaged very well. I did a quick inspection and they're all alive. They're more golden in color than the ones I had, maybe because of whatever they were eating.

I haven't put them in their new tank yet but so far I'm pleased with my purchase. :)

korbi_doc
08-06-2008, 07:12 PM
:o Hi y'all, sorry, missed the questions, been busy trying to erect the heavy duty shelving for the fishroom & take care of the lil buzzards....they arrived in early am 3rd day, p/u at the post office so they wouldn't be out in the heat (100* days)....they called me as soon as they arrived there, really cooperated....so nice.....they are in their own tank & eating well...cpl are small, but rest are good size, hopefully they'll grow well....Jay did a great job packing & shipping...think I'll get some cories from him later.....BTW, can't even remember shipping cost...lol...

Dottie ;)