PDA

View Full Version : PP stained my Tub!!

gotfish?
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
i dont know where to really post this one, sorry if its in the wrong section

i drained water to my tub all the time, didnt realize this time that im draining potassium permanganate. now the bath tub looks like it had coffee stains. how do i get rid of it? i tried scrubbing, bleaching, oxyclean, etc, nothing works!:mad:

my moms been furious with me :argue:

how do i get rid of it fast??

ps im loving the icons lol:bounce2:

LizStreithorst
07-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Is this an old enamel tub or one of those new plastic ones? If it's enamel I'd put a heavy concentration of clorox to water in it and let it sit for a few hours.

Graham
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
OOOOPS I haven't been in trouble, fish wise, with my Mom since I got caught melting lead in a good pot on the stove, trying to sink drift wood or was it the time the 40 gallon cracked on top of the piano...nice fire wood after that:D:D

Fill the tub with water and add a couple of quarts of hydrogen peroxide...that should take out the stain

DiscusDude85
07-24-2008, 05:19 AM
OOOOPS I haven't been in trouble, fish wise, with my Mom since I got caught melting lead in a good pot on the stove, trying to sink drift wood or was it the time the 40 gallon cracked on top of the piano...nice fire wood after that:D:D

Fill the tub with water and add a couple of quarts of hydrogen peroxide...that should take out the stain

LOL! Your mom must have worked you over pretty good for the piano!. LOL! I had a piano growing up, If i put as much as a cup on it, There was hell to pay, Thats too funny, Bet it wasnt at the time though.

Joe

Graham
07-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Especially since it was an antique up right :D