PDA

View Full Version : Surprise; Surprise.. Discus Eggs

ashaysathe
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
On one side I am searching the forum; talking to people asking how can I control the disease on my fish and today to my surpise I saw eggs.. man.. its pleasently unbelievable.

ashaysathe
07-23-2008, 09:17 PM
.. .I have been noticing this activity on the standing wood for a week now; a thought brushed my mind might be pair and vanished. But today, I hae eggs.. lets see what happens... I am happy.. seems like I am doing something right.
BTW .. amongst these 2 I till don't know which is male or female.. a guesses?

Kenny's Discus
07-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi Ashay, congrats! It will be even more addicting now that you've seen breeding activities from your fish...you have officially gone past the point of no return buddy!;)

My guess would be female on the striated Turk, male on the blue.

Good luck to the batch!

Kenny

ashaysathe
07-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks Kenny. These complements coming from folks like yourself, friend Al means a lot to me. I was thinking I am struggling to keep fish alive, even though that might still be true, I am also doing something good in the past 4 months of discus experience.
There is no question this is beynond point of no return.

Condor
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Congrats Ashay, very pretty pair you have there. :)

Adrian

Tropical Haven
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Congrats on your new pair.

subcooler
07-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Congratulations Ashay:balloon:

Best of luck with your pair!

Keep us posted with thier progress.

Rob

ashaysathe
07-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks everyone.. I really don't know what to expect next.. the only thing I can think is make a call to Al.. convince him to come to my home and do his magic.. will surely keep you'll posted.

subcooler
07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks everyone.. I really don't know what to expect next.. the only thing I can think is make a call to Al.. convince him to come to my home and do his magic.. will surely keep you'll posted.

Do I remember correctly?

This fish came from Al(or @ least spent some time in his magical basement)?
They probably already got good vibes from there & will produce fry for you buddy!:D

Best of luck,
Rob

dpt8
07-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Ashay, Great job.. Keep us updated.. Good luck. I have a blue cobalt type pair that has laid eggs 4 TIMES since our discus meeting... The female mostly fans the eggs for 2 days and then they eat the eggs right before they hatch.. :9(

scolley
07-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey Ashay, congratulations! IMO you have just passed the litmus test for demonstrably happy fish. While I'm no expert, it's always been my assumption that stressed fish don't breed.

Good job pal! :)

ashaysathe
07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks Steve and David.. All eggs have been eaten. Although I am sorry for the loss but I am not sad at all.. I couldn't have done anything about it anyways. My goal is to keep fish alive, which I cannot gaurantee a total suceess yet (gosh Discus are very unforgiving) but having eggs was a triple bumper bonus or indication I didn't completely screwup. The female has begun the same scraping on the wood again.. so I believe this will continue for sometime unless I am equipped to breed them completely.. which I am neither mentally nor infrastructurally.
But the amazing Red turk female from Al and vibrant Altum Flora male from Mike are so beautiful, if and when I get to the point of breeding them I will get some good looking fish.
In the mean time - water changes and feed.. feed.. feed...

GrillMaster
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Well my friend you have come along way in a short time!!! :)

Wait till they get it right! You will be a very busy man!!! ;) :D :D :D

ashaysathe
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks Mark .. when r we setting up your fish room? I am want to learn while I help :)

patrick richard
07-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Ashay,

Nice looking fish you got there. Congratulations on your first spawn. You are doing a great job with your discus. After the first spawn the real obsession begins so hang on for the ride.

talk to you soon,

Patrick

ashaysathe
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey Patrick.. thanks bud.. I get inspired from folks like you. I am merely trying.. its not to the mark yet.. but will get there.

GrillMaster
08-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks Mark .. when r we setting up your fish room? I am want to learn while I help :)

LOL...I think Al will be doin the teachin, we will be doin the learnin! ;) :D :D