Göran Ekholm
07-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Hope you like it

Göran Ekholm
07-27-2008, 04:34 PM
some more

Condor
07-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Goran they are magnificent you are doing a great job with them.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Adrian

plecocicho
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Very nice pictures! Please try to put pictures from the whole aquarium.

tacks
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree they are very nice. Ed

Rod
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Hope you like it

Love them, great looking discus Goran :)

Is that heckel in the last pic showing pair behaviour with that blue discus?

kaj.p
07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Göran i think u have increased your photo skills. Nice fish:)

Darren's Discus
07-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Goran,
as always your heckels look superb !

cheers

dizkuz
07-29-2008, 05:04 AM
Very nice Göran as always, but i most say they are much more beautiful in IRL...
Hope they will spawn in near future, i know how hard you work on that, wish u the best.
Take care dude!

Göran Ekholm
07-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks all of you, i will never fully understand this nice mystic fishes, they drive me nuts. If i don't have frys at the end of march next year i will never have. So i have decided to sell all of them if i don`t make it before end of march.

It takes too much work to keep the water perfekt, PH 3,8 and 12-15 microsemens

BobB
07-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Goran, What type of Heckel are they?

Göran Ekholm
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
I have Rio Negro, and Rio Mari Mari, and some Namunda heckels, the blue striped are mari mari the red and blue are rio negro and the solid blue are namunda i think, but its probably better if Heiko answer that question.

But that's how they are broth and payd as.:D

Heiko Bleher
07-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi,

just a fast word from me:
Yes Göran you have there great Heckel discus and I see you are on the right track with water parameters, very good. It also looks to me as they are wanting to spawn... I keep my fingers crossed for you.

The varieties are surely some from the Mari-Mari and also some nice ones from the Rio Nhamundá, but I did not see the typical Rio Negro one. Anyhow they are great and keep up the good work, i will find some different colours morphs still in the Rio Aracá.

best regards

Heiko
www.aquapress-bleher.com

Göran Ekholm
07-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Rio Negro

Heiko Bleher
07-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi,

yes, the first photo is definitely Rio Negro (to where I depart in a few hours...).

All the best

Heiko

blue acara
08-01-2008, 11:00 PM
They are looking very good Goran. I wish you luck breeding them.

Göran Ekholm
08-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Very nice Göran. I really hope you will be successful in breeding these fantastic fishes.
Good luck!

If you want a cup of something you are wellcome to make a visite.

Thanks and no thanks, it will never happen, those days are over you are not me friend any more please try to realise that.

Gajowa
08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Yes Goran, they are magnificent heckels.
My pair have been cleaning the root and doing all that shaking and dancing for 3 days !!! and .......stoped.
I have made a video of it. Heiko has seen it.
I have to say, that we do not specialy prepair water for them. It is just pure RO with ph 4-4,5, and they have a bag full of peat in the tank. They like to nibble on that bag.

plecocicho
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Barbara, please put that video of heckel shaking on net.:p

Göran Ekholm
08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I have been giving my fish living food at all time now, and i really fighting to get them to mate, but i really don't now hove to get that little extra spark.

Apistomaster
08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks all of you, i will never fully understand this nice mystic fishes, they drive me nuts. If i don't have frys at the end of march next year i will never have. So i have decided to sell all of them if i don`t make it before end of march.

It takes too much work to keep the water perfekt, PH 3,8 and 12-15 microsemens

Hi Goran,
Your Heckels do appear to have spawning on their minds. I don't give them the extreme water conditions they are supposed to have and still reach this stage. Maybe you can let the water adust closer to what you usually use and if they really want to spawn I believe they will. Maybe that batch of eggs would not hatch properly but if they spawned in your standard water you could always take them back to the softer more acidic levels for the next time. Who knows, they may actually breed and raise fry at less extreme values. Still soft and acid just not something as difficult to provide.

The chance of breeding them successfully is not high no matter what we do but your fish seems too close to give up on entirely. Good luck.

rowedder
12-21-2008, 03:21 AM
Here are a few pictures of my red heckles.