PDA

View Full Version : Thatfishplace.com

johnett
08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
This is a great place super fast shipping and have a tone of items I will buy from them again:D

MSD
08-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Or as long as your credit card holds up, anyway... :D

gotfish?
08-03-2008, 02:42 AM
i used to buy from them til i discover bigal's and dr foster. you should check it out:)

MSD
08-03-2008, 08:51 AM
I use the other two also, it depends on whats less expensive between them. They are all excellent though, and very responsive to the customer.

terps
08-04-2008, 10:02 AM
This is a great place super fast shipping and have a tone of items I will buy from them again:D

I agree. A very good place to buy any pet hard goods.

subcooler
08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
I've had positive experiences dealing with this vendor!
They are very helpful when a return situation arises.
I'd consider them for any item's not sold by JehmCo
They had a great anniversary sale in May (new Perfecto tanks 1$ a Gal.)upto 150g. tanks.
Rob

DiscusOnly
08-04-2008, 03:42 PM
This is a great place for B&M purchase as well. They have a huge selection of stuff that you will not find at you LFS. They stock quite a bit of filter parts as well.

I just wish that their livestock would be better. They were great in livestock back in the 80's. I am very dissapointed at the discus tank while making a visit there 2 weeks ago.

subcooler
08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I just wish that their livestock would be better. They were great in livestock back in the 80's. I am very dissapointed at the discus tank while making a visit there 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Van,
I agree the discus looked awful when I was there in May(not just an isolated instance it seems):(
I can't imagine what they would look like after shipping ?
Rob

cturner
08-04-2008, 04:28 PM
I live about 20 min. from that fish place and their discus always look bad. They are a great place to buy any supplies you might need and their prices are reasonable too. If you buy any livestock watch out for ick. It's well known in their tanks. More often than not they have more tanks diseased than healthy.

terps
09-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Their warehouse is huge! I wouldn't buy fish there. But if you need any type of fish supplies, that's my first place to shop. They have great prices and usually have what you need in stock.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/index.web

David Rose
09-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I go there a couple of times a month on average and order online frequently. Ditto on being a great place for supplies and equipment etc. They frequently have the shipping discounts, which I have no problem in getting an order large enough that qualifies for free shipping. Staff are top notch as well in person and on the phone.

As for buying Discus, highly unlikely unless they get better stock. I'm not that impressed with their selection of other FW fish either.

Keep in mind that what's available online ships from a different warehouse and doesn't mean that they don't have it in the physical store or other items. At least this is what I was told by the aquatics manager about a month ago.

MostlyDiscus
09-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I wont shop there. I used too years ago. My nephew plays college football for Millersville. I went to his game last weekend and lo and behold is that fish place. I tell my wife Im going to stop there on the way back to pick up pellet carbon. I figured to save on the shipping. $168. for a 25 pound box. What a rip off. I bought two 25 boxes of the same stuff on ebay for $96. and it included the shipping. I used to love TFP, I just cant support a place that sells half for double.

David Rose
09-27-2009, 08:17 AM
It's always good to shop around for the best prices anyway. I shop from Jehmco, PetSolutions, Dr. Foster and Smith, various eBay vendors, AngelPlus,4FishStuff, and local LFS. Depends on what I need and where I typically get the fastest shipping for a good or best price. Sometimes I don't mind waiting 5-10 days to get my items and sometimes I do.

IME, I typically order online over the weekend so they have my order bright and early Monday if not before. I then will receive my orders from:

ThatFishPlace 3 days w/Sat deliveries, best prices w/shipping (cheaper than driving my truck and time involved, LOL)
Jehmco within 3-5 days, best prices on fish food and medicines
PetSolutions within 3-5 days, can have best prices on equip and supplies w/shipping
Dr. F&S within 7-10 days, best prices on sale items
eBay vendors 5-10 days, can be best, but varies and has more risks
AngelPlus within 3-5 days, best prices on fish food and medicines
4FishStuff within 5-10 days, best prices on fish food and medicines

Shipping time can be different depending on where you live, but IME Dr. F&S and eBay vendors are the slowest to process orders and get them to you.

For what it's worth....

traversediscus
09-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Dont forget Fish.com Great prices and super fast shipping even on the economy shipping. Ships the same day aswell.

Fish.com have some of the best deals/offers around

Jhhnn
09-27-2009, 10:21 PM
I've ordered from them and have no complaints. Their shipping charges are low, often giving me the best bottom line among the various vendors.

Buying discus? Puh-leeze! If our sponsors don't have 'em or can't get 'em in the desired size and strain, I don't want 'em...

RLorts
09-28-2009, 12:51 AM
I've had TFP match pricing when I found stuff cheaper. I also use Jehmco, F&S and Kensfish. Anybody else use Kensfish?