PDA

View Full Version : mod approval to post?

plant.one
08-09-2008, 08:54 PM
fairly new to the forum here at simply, been in the forum world long enough to know how things usually work... so i'm curious

what would cause posts to require moderator approval before being visible on a thread? i've seen it several times today, and find it disturbing when i spend a fair chunk of my time to get a thread to look good/sound intelegent and concise, only to find out that it needs approval to be posted? thoughts? ideas? suggestions?

*Polka dots roc*
08-09-2008, 10:29 PM
i have never had/noticed that is it on this forum?

Tropical Haven
08-09-2008, 10:57 PM
You will never have a problem making a post as long as you don't over step the boundries on stuff that you know that would create a problem.

Ryan
08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
All new members that attempt posting links are automatically queued for approval by an administrator. Once you get to a required number of posts, this will change.

It is done to reduce spam from bots that sign up and automatically start posting links on the forum.

Both of your posts in question contained links and were moved into a moderation queue. I have approved them and they should show up in the threads now.

Ryan

plant.one
08-10-2008, 03:04 AM
thanks, at least i know its something simple like that.