PDA

View Full Version : MikeL is great guy..

dpt8
08-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi, I had a visit with Mike Sunday. His id is Mikel.. He is a very bright, intelligent, young man from Milton Ma. He has a lot of insight for a person who has been keeping discus for only one year.. He says he learnt alot from this board but he does also have alot of common sense and a keen sense for raising discus.. Great to meet you Mike. Thanks for coming to talk shop and see my discus. Don't be a stranger..

Anyone else that would like to visit, see my 8 tanks of discus and talk shop is welcome !! I just can't get enough of our King of the Aquarium. I am SO thankful to Al being my mentor, I his grasshopper apprentice, and Kenny talking discus with me !! Thanks, David T

subcooler
08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
David,
Sounds like we have another member @ NE Discus meetings?
It's always nice to find other local folks who caught the "discus bug".:D
I'm already looking forward to our next meeting here-This time I have to get all my questions in order & be prepared instead of in awe @ Al's fishroom!
See you @ next meeting,
Rob

dpt8
08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Rob, I know what you mean.. about being awe struck with Al and all the gang.. We have to check in with Al to see when the next meeting is.. It was great to meet you and your family !! I will bring Mike next meeting !! :9)

mikel
08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Hay, Dave: I want to thank you again for putting up with me and my dropped jaw oogling at your amazing discus the other day. It was an awsome experience, and every bit as surreal as the one I had visiting Al's last year. I am especially impressed by your dedication to your discus, and the fact that all those fish, especially the ones that you grew out, know you by sight. They perk up when you walk by, and they swam away when I approach...:( These cichlids really do have personalities. In any case, please look after my favorites...you know, the five amigos albinos in the living room.

It was a real treat to meet you and your lady friend :) and I had fun talking about gardening with her too.Your passion gives me the inspiration I needed to move forward in the hobby....now I just have to convince somebody important in my house that I need another tank.....

Dave, did you say you were going to host the 2nd conference meeting for NE enthusiasts? I am all over Dartmouth!!!! mike

Kenny's Discus
08-15-2008, 06:25 AM
I also had a wonderful time chatting with Mike on the phone a few days ago also. He's a very enthusiastic young man with a mission to take care of his fish properly. I'm looking forward to talking with you more Mike. Many thanks for your call.

David and Rob, I'm still envious for the fact that you guys live so close to Al...I wanted to pick out some of his new "Albino Snakes" in person if you know what I mean!:D

Kenny

mikel
08-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Kenny: I am still amazed by your dedication to your discus. It's very inspiring to me that some still have passion and character in this world. Let me know when you have some awsome blue diamonds in. mike