PDA

View Full Version : how much would a proven pair of blue diamonds cost

aznboystyl3
08-26-2008, 02:43 AM
hi i currently have Proven Pair Blue diamond high fins at home. they are 5.5 inches.
im wondering how much do you guys think i can sell them for.
btw i would post pics but i dont know how.

ncyracer
08-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Well 1 doller with free shiping message me and ill give you my adress lol
jk I saw some at my lfs for about $450

Discus-n00b
08-28-2008, 07:23 AM
Are they a proven pair in that they have raised fry before? Thats a big selling point for pairs. I guess it depends on how nice they are as well (Shape, color, etc).

Pics can be posted by either uploading them to another site like photobucket or by attaching the file to the post by clicking "Manage Attachments" below the reply box in the Go Advanced reply. If you upload them to photobucket they will give you all the URLs you need to post it on here.

mikel
08-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Cant wait to see this pair!!! i love blue diamonds. mike

Apistomaster
08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
I have sold a few mated pairs of Discus and I usually sold them for about 25% more than I thought they were worth as two nice discus of their size, age and type.
Even a young pair that has raised fry for me may not ever raise a batch again for their new owner. In fact I regard every pairs batch of fry as their last;there is no guarantee they will ever raise another brood. There is a good probability they will repeatedly raise more spawns but you just never know.

It is so much cheaper to buy six or eight 2-1/2 inch juveniles and raise them. Most Discus will begin raising fry at close to 12 months old. So 2-1/2 inch Discus usually begin spawning 9 or 10 months after you buy them.

Like all luxuries, a mated pair of Discus is only worth what someone actually is willing to pay for them.

aznboystyl3
09-06-2008, 08:20 PM
sorry for the late reply, ive been busy with school
yes they both have mated and raised batches of frys which i am currently growing in my garage.

aznboystyl3
09-06-2008, 08:26 PM
here are two decent pictures of my blue diamond high fins.

AADiscus
09-06-2008, 08:59 PM
The second pic is the best of the two. The first one, she (I assume is the female) looks a little runted and not a lot of blue. However, pictures never do alot for a fish sometimes. If someone is looking at genetics for future breed then they would be good to me. Do you know the genetics of them before though? This is just some questions some people might ask you to see if they are true to there strain, etc. If they are proven TOGETHER then you might get $150.00 us dollars. I'm just saying low because of the strain and the size. Make sure you tell the person that buys them from you that you do not guarantee them (for breeding). I say that, because not all proven pairs will spawn for someone else. I think all other breeders will agree with me there.

LizStreithorst
09-06-2008, 11:18 PM
The fish are not high quality. With the cost of shipping these days I don't think you will have much luck selling them.