PDA

View Full Version : 8 Orange Koi Angelfish from Liz S.

Lee C
09-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Just got my fed ex and started acclimating some of the highest percentage Orange Koi I have ever seen!
Liz did a nice packing job and all the fish appear to be very well bred and taken care of.
These are my future breeding stock and I have been searching for this type of quality in Orange Koi Angelfish!
I hope the original pair these came from keep producing more offspring...
Great job Liz, you really do ROCK!:p

regards,
Lee:angel:

will get pics after they settle in their new tank:)

Tropical Haven
09-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Looking forward to the pictures Lee since I breed angels myself.

Lee C
09-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi Scott,
One was a little sick and laying down but seems to be recovering.
I turned off the lights in the tank for the day.
....always wanted to breed the Orange Koi. I have a couple with wild blood that I have to cross plus, may breed a Black SuperVeil to a female Koi...would produce nice marble calico.:D

regards,
Lee:angel:

Tropical Haven
09-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Glad that one is doing well for you. I have been breeding Koi's for the last 9 years and absolutely love them. You will have fun with them and keep in touch.

LizStreithorst
09-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm glad they arrived safe and sound, Lee. And I'm delighted that you're so happy with the quality. Sorry about the guy who was feeling poorly. Shipping...urgh. Yes, the parents are still producing. I have a 3 day old batch right now.

I still have 25 or so left from the same batch as Lee's if anyone else is looking for some.

oldangelfish
08-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Liz, I might be interested in the KOI babies. contact me. oldangelfish.

I'm glad they arrived safe and sound, Lee. And I'm delighted that you're so happy with the quality. Sorry about the guy who was feeling poorly. Shipping...urgh. Yes, the parents are still producing. I have a 3 day old batch right now.

I still have 25 or so left from the same batch as Lee's if anyone else is looking for some.

LizStreithorst
08-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Dang, this thread is almost 3 years old! I no longer keep these (lots of water under the bridge since that time). If you're looking, I got my stock from Angels Plus and from George Garcia. Angels Plus's were quite good, but George's were better.

oldangelfish
08-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Dang, this thread is almost 3 years old! I no longer keep these (lots of water under the bridge since that time). If you're looking, I got my stock from Angels Plus and from George Garcia. Angels Plus's were quite good, but George's were better.

Liz, are you still into angelfish or have you gone strictly discus?

LizStreithorst
08-28-2011, 12:56 PM
I have some Platninums that I rasied whose parents came from George Garcia. Just last week they started breeding. Both spawns failed. The males may not be mature enough. I really want to cross them with my tank raised Peruvian wilds which will be old enough quite soon, and breed the offspring together. (The Plats could use some improvement in overall conformation which the Peruvians would do).

I saved 2 out a spawn from a cross between a male Zebra and a female half black. There must have been 600 of them. The ones I kept were what I would call 1/3 Blacks. The rest looked like Zebras. The one that I felt was a female laid eggs. I put her with the one that I thought was a male and after a month nothing happened. Could be I have 2 females. Could be that the one I think is a male isn't ready yet. I have access to a quality male from the spawn if it turns out that I have two females. He looks like a Zebra but he has the genetics to make half blacks..

The Koi don't ring my bell. Who knows why? I bought them for the bad man I was living with at the time. He liked them.

You're an Angel man. Whatever happened to Chocolates? You never see them for sale any more. Everything these days is about blue.

I have nothing for sale right now that you would be interested in. Sorry.

oldangelfish
08-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I started in tropical fish inn 1952 and have been a hobbyist and hobbyist breeder off and on since then. I'm a retired U. S. Navy Photographer also. I have a pair of KOI and want to put other blood lines in with them. My next will probably be the Philippine Blues and Double DD Blacks. I'm not sure I see the necessity for blacks and DD Blacks. A black is a black. I'm in Oregon. Are you still in MS?

Tropical Haven
08-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Liz,
Does George Garcia have a website? How do you get a hold of him if you want to buy some angels?

oldangelfish
08-29-2011, 12:42 PM
His website is: <www (dot)azgardens(dot)com>. I was on there yesterday but didn't see any KOI angels for sale. Keep me posted if you contact them.

oldangelfish
08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
You show the flag and eagle. I am a retired U. S. Navy Chief Photographer. 21-years.

oldangelfish
08-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Liz, George doesn't show any KOI Angels for sale. I don't understand, its only been 3 years since your first post on this subject. :-)

oldangelfish
08-29-2011, 12:46 PM
If you do breed a DD Black Super Veil, I would be interested in some of the offspring. Did you ever do that?

oldangelfish
08-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Lee, If you do breed a DD Black Super Veil, I would be interested in some of the offspring. Did you ever do that? Sorry 3-years later.

Tropical Haven
08-29-2011, 02:18 PM
I am retired Air Force

LizStreithorst
08-29-2011, 04:04 PM
AngelsPlus has some good looking Koi for sale and DD Veil tail Blacks. Breed veil to viel and you'll get super veil. Breed superviels together and their fins flop over too much.

Lee isn't around anymore.

oldangelfish
08-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Liz clean out your mail box so I can mail you.

LizStreithorst
08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Done. Sorry...

Larry Bugg
08-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Lee, If you do breed a DD Black Super Veil, I would be interested in some of the offspring. Did you ever do that? Sorry 3-years later.

Lee passed away about 4 months after this post began.

Discusgeo2
09-04-2011, 10:52 PM
oldangelfish you have the wrong website mine is http://www.koiangels.com/

runner
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM
What do the kois cost?
Jay

Discusgeo2
09-05-2011, 09:14 AM
It all depends on the amount of Orange coverage and body size. Average price I would say $10.00 and up.

runner
09-05-2011, 09:54 AM
George
Thank you.
Do you have any now? If not, do you know when you might have some?
Also what would be shipping to Ct. 06060
Jay

Discusgeo2
09-05-2011, 05:03 PM
What I have I am keeping for future breeders maybe later this year I might let some go but I already have a waiting list for them locally.