PDA

View Full Version : Kenny YOU DA MAN!

marl_nyc
09-26-2008, 01:46 PM
I ordered my first discus fish from Kenny and let me tell you he made it all very easy! He was recommended to me by Debbi aka pinkertd on the AC forum. I was first emailing him my questions and what type of strains to get etc etc... And he replied to all my emails very promptly! I finally called him up and placed my order on Wednesday and VOILA I received my fish today Friday at 10:26 am and thanks to Kenny's walkthrough in acclimating them the day before they were in my tank my 11:45 :)

The packaging was absolutely perfect. It couldn't get any better than that. Quadruple bagged and wrapped in newspaper so the fish wouldnt be stressed in a styrofoam box in another cardboard box with a heat pack! And the heat pack was still warm! I am speechless. I even had trouble with all those rubberbands :) And there were no leaks anywhere!

And at 12:26 pm EST lo and behold Kenny calls me up and follows up on the shipment making sure that everything is ok! Now thats what I call service deluxe! Above and beyond the call of duty I say. He also gives me a couple of tips on feeding them and taking care of them for the first few days.

Thanks a lot Kenny I have learned so much from you and you have made my first discus aquisition and getting into this hobby a lot of fun and stress free!
Guys I must say you can never go wrong ordering from Kenny. And he threw in two asian airstones. Sweet!

Also did I mention that the fish were absolutely beautiful! I am so lucky he handpicked the strains that I wanted and gave me the biggest and most beautiful ones in his tanks. It's great!

Bravo Kenny! Was a pleasure doing business with you!

Here are some pics I took with my balckberry phone... quality might not be as good: so in Chronological order i call this from BOX to BUCKET!

Marlowe

Discus-n00b
09-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Sounds great, can't wait to see them after they settle in. Kenny i love those airstones you send!

I even had trouble with all those rubberbands :)

See kenny i'm not the only one! ;)

MSD
09-26-2008, 02:57 PM
I've opened many of his bags, only takes a scissor!!

SriAngel
09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey Marl...where in Queens are you at? im in Jackson Heights

pinkertd
09-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Marl - I'm so thrilled you got some of Kenny's fish, and yes, he is "Da Man"!:D
Wait until you see how much you're not getting done around the house now that you're going to be enthralled and hypnotized, sitting in front of the discus tank watching them!

Kenny my friend, long time no talk. Hope things are well with you! As always, you're fish are amazing! Mine are all doing fabulously!!! They are just awesome beautiful giants. And no, I haven't traded my couch for another large tank.....yet! ;) But I have increased the number of tanks I keep to 5! Take care!

AADiscus
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
You can never go wrong with Kenny. He is one of "the men". lol As always, great job Kenny. :)

marl_nyc
09-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Sounds great, can't wait to see them after they settle in. Kenny i love those airstones you send!

Thanks! Those airstones are great!

I know i should have used the scissors...was being too anal abou it! LOL!

Hey Marl...where in Queens are you at? im in Jackson Heights

Hey SriAngel! I'm in Astoria! You not too far away from me!

Wait until you see how much you're not getting done around the house now that you're going to be enthralled and hypnotized, sitting in front of the discus tank watching them!

Kenny my friend, long time no talk. Hope things are well with you! As always, you're fish are amazing! Mine are all doing fabulously!!! They are just awesome beautiful giants. And no, I haven't traded my couch for another large tank.....yet! ;) But I have increased the number of tanks I keep to 5! Take care!

Debbi! Thank you very much! Without any of your instruction and patience this great undertaking would not have been possible! Sensei!

You can never go wrong with Kenny. He is one of "the men". lol As always, great job Kenny. :)

Thank you!

MSD
09-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Hey y'all, got my fish from Kenny this morning and all I can say is WOW, again. Very nice and they look happy and hungry in their tank, swimming all over. I am broke and out of space for a while but I love watching and caring for these beauties. Thanks again Kenny, for a very special, and excellent order.

seanyuki
09-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Mark,

What did you get this time?me also broke too after this shipment:D

Cheers
Francis:)

Hey y'all, got my fish from Kenny this morning and all I can say is WOW, again. Very nice and they look happy and hungry in their tank, swimming all over. I am broke and out of space for a while but I love watching and caring for these beauties. Thanks again Kenny, for a very special, and excellent order.

sophie68
09-27-2008, 02:10 PM
I believe that Kenny is raising the bar when it comes to fish quality and customer service. I know these are his goals and he is surely reaching them, shipment by shipment!!!!!
Thumbs up Kenny!!!!!!!:D:D

Sophie

MSD
09-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey Francis,

I got 1 3R, 1 RSG, 1 Flamingo, 1 Cobalt, 1 Checkerboard P, 1 Checkerboard P., Snake, 1 Golden x Turk F1, 1 Snakeskin A1 Super Red Passion. I just fed them some bloodworms now, I'll see how they settle in but they seemed very hungry. :)

seanyuki
09-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow Mark,

So glad you bought everything and no wonder nothing left for me...lol

Cheers

Discus-n00b
09-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Haha, sounds like a great mixed bag there Mark. Can't wait until i can get some more from Kenny.

MSD
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Well I'm stocked now so all the new fish are for you guys!! I'm feeding them some beefheart, I want to see if they go for it. They eat formula 1 & 2 flakes and Tetra crisps and FBW's of course. Just some beefheart to add meat to the diet, no CBW's any more for my fish due to cost and health.

MSD
09-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Its like Noah's ark except for discus only and only one of each... :D Went down to my fish room today and found a suicide jumper, I flipped as I thought it was from my new "Kenny" batch, turned out to be a plain turq. from another source, must have flopped around to get near my Q. tank. Whew..........

Kenny's Discus
09-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I ordered my first discus fish from Kenny and let me tell you he made it all very easy! He was recommended to me by Debbi aka pinkertd on the AC forum. I was first emailing him my questions and what type of strains to get etc etc... And he replied to all my emails very promptly! I finally called him up and placed my order on Wednesday and VOILA I received my fish today Friday at 10:26 am and thanks to Kenny's walkthrough in acclimating them the day before they were in my tank my 11:45 :)

The packaging was absolutely perfect. It couldn't get any better than that. Quadruple bagged and wrapped in newspaper so the fish wouldnt be stressed in a styrofoam box in another cardboard box with a heat pack! And the heat pack was still warm! I am speechless. I even had trouble with all those rubberbands :) And there were no leaks anywhere!

And at 12:26 pm EST lo and behold Kenny calls me up and follows up on the shipment making sure that everything is ok! Now thats what I call service deluxe! Above and beyond the call of duty I say. He also gives me a couple of tips on feeding them and taking care of them for the first few days.

Thanks a lot Kenny I have learned so much from you and you have made my first discus aquisition and getting into this hobby a lot of fun and stress free!
Guys I must say you can never go wrong ordering from Kenny. And he threw in two asian airstones. Sweet!

Also did I mention that the fish were absolutely beautiful! I am so lucky he handpicked the strains that I wanted and gave me the biggest and most beautiful ones in his tanks. It's great!

Bravo Kenny! Was a pleasure doing business with you!

Here are some pics I took with my balckberry phone... quality might not be as good: so in Chronological order i call this from BOX to BUCKET!

Marlowe

Hello Marl, you're very welcome and thanks for the kind feedback.:) It was a pleasure doing business with you also! I'm happy to hear everything went smoothly and you know where to find me if you have any questions that I could help! Enjoy your new discus Marl my friend.:)

Hello Matt, thank you for the kind comments as always! Love the pics of the PE's and WB throwbacks you posted...can you come over and take some pics of my upcoming new shipment my friend lol?:D Thank you Matt.

Exactly Mark my friend!:)

Thank you Debbi for the kind referral, long time my friend hope you're doing well! :) Thanks for the updates of your fish, wow times goes fast it's been almost 2 years I think...so you have 5 tanks of Discus now Debbi?:p

Thank you Angela(not sure about the "man" part) you and Andrew are producing some wonderful looking WB lines lately! Anyone who's looking for some very nice homegrowns should give Green Country Discus a call!:)

Thank you so much for your order and feedback Mark! Glad they met your satisfaction my friend and it has been an ABSOLUTELY pleasure getting these fish to you for these last few orders. Forrest and I THANK YOU for your support and interests in our fish; but most importantly our friendship that we've built during these past few months!:) Now 10 empty 55g's will be on their way to yours Mark!:D:D:D:D

I believe that Kenny is raising the bar when it comes to fish quality and customer service. I know these are his goals and he is surely reaching them, shipment by shipment!!!!!
Thumbs up Kenny!!!!!!!:D:D

Sophie

Thank you so much Sophie my friend. As always I had a great time chatting with you(THANK YOU for the very nice Soap Dispenser you sent me I owed you one Sophie:)) and your fish will be sent to you this coming Wed for a Thr delivery!:)

Wow Mark,

So glad you bought everything and no wonder nothing left for me...lol

Cheers

Are you sure Francis???:confused::confused::D:D

Haha, sounds like a great mixed bag there Mark. Can't wait until i can get some more from Kenny.

Thank you again Matt!

Well I'm stocked now so all the new fish are for you guys!! I'm feeding them some beefheart, I want to see if they go for it. They eat formula 1 & 2 flakes and Tetra crisps and FBW's of course. Just some beefheart to add meat to the diet, no CBW's any more for my fish due to cost and health.

Not yet Mark you got more tanks coming!!! See above. LOL

Its like Noah's ark except for discus only and only one of each... :D Went down to my fish room today and found a suicide jumper, I flipped as I thought it was from my new "Kenny" batch, turned out to be a plain turq. from another source, must have flopped around to get near my Q. tank. Whew..........

I'm sry to hear that Mark.:(

Thanks all,
Kenny

pinkertd
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Thank you Debbi for the kind referral, long time my friend hope you're doing well! :) Thanks for the updates of your fish, wow times goes fast it's been almost 2 years I think...so you have 5 tanks of Discus now Debbi?:p

I have 5 tanks Kenny, but only one the show tank with the discus. And as you know, that tank is chock full! I have my "herd" of 42 sidthimunkis (dwarf chain loaches) that I am hoping will spawn for me when they are mature enough. That's only been done once anywhere in the world! I am also breeding wild pygmy cories, celestial pearl danios and raising up some new longfin L144 blue eyed albino plecos to breed. And a small tank of otos ready to spawn! Keeps me busy and keeps the hobby fun for me. Take care Kenny!

Discus-n00b
09-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Hello Matt, thank you for the kind comments as always! Love the pics of the PE's and WB throwbacks you posted...can you come over and take some pics of my upcoming new shipment my friend lol?:D Thank you Matt.

If i lived closer you could count on it kenny! To bad i'm just a little over walking distance. ;)

Kenny's Discus
10-04-2008, 04:39 AM
I have 5 tanks Kenny, but only one the show tank with the discus. And as you know, that tank is chock full! I have my "herd" of 42 sidthimunkis (dwarf chain loaches) that I am hoping will spawn for me when they are mature enough. That's only been done once anywhere in the world! I am also breeding wild pygmy cories, celestial pearl danios and raising up some new longfin L144 blue eyed albino plecos to breed. And a small tank of otos ready to spawn! Keeps me busy and keeps the hobby fun for me. Take care Kenny!

Wow Debbi I guess you have your hands full!:) Thanks for sharing I wish you much joy and success in breeding them all, my old friend! Remember "Fun" is the key word here. Take care Debbi.:)

If i lived closer you could count on it kenny! To bad i'm just a little over walking distance. ;)

You could always send me your DSLR lol! Overnight shipping will be on me!:D:D j/k Thanks Matt my friend.

Thanks,
Kenny