PDA

View Full Version : Couple Overflow questions

CraigG
10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I have a 75 Gallon all Glass Aquarium with a built in overflow. I keep losing fish( 1 yo you loach and alot of ghost shrimp maybe an Octo) because there is a cut out at the top. You can see in the first picture.

1. My question is what can I use to block this hole that wil be safe?

2. Also my overflow return came with a double outlet you can see the second picture. I was wondering how I should position the two so that I can get proper flow or does it matter?

Thanks for your help.

Dkarc@Aol.com
10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
You can either slide a piece of plastic screen down in the channel to block the hole, or close it off with a sponge material. For the dual return nozzles....it will not affect flow rate, directional nozzles just direct flow to whatever area of the tank you want.

-Ryan

CraigG
10-09-2008, 07:28 PM
You can either slide a piece of plastic screen down in the channel to block the hole, or close it off with a sponge material. For the dual return nozzles....it will not affect flow rate, directional nozzles just direct flow to whatever area of the tank you want.

-Ryan

Thanks, Is there any preferred way to direct the flow in a planted 75G tank?

I've noticed if I have one facing the front it stop some items on the service from getting to the over flow. Like Flakes for example.