PDA

View Full Version : Discus for sale - Brisbane

Rod
10-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Homebred turquoise for sale, 5cm, swam 4/9/08. $20. Father: German import. Mother: Homebred. Pickup Tingalpa.

Rod:)

Rod
10-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Homebred albino golden melon intermediate females, about 18 months old, good layers. $200, several to choose from. Sorry no males available.

allan_mark76
10-19-2008, 05:22 AM
Rod as usual EXCELLENT! ! ! Only if you were here in the US.

~AKA~

Darren's Discus
10-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Rod,
very nice turks,love the mum.

cheers

Rod
10-20-2008, 05:02 AM
Thanks guys, glad you like them :)

Being a cross of 2 different color morphs i can't say for sure how they will turn out, the mothers yellow base color seems to be a strong feature in the fry however. They hardly ever show the black bars, also a feature of the mothers linage.

brewmaster15
10-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Rod,
Those albino intermediates are beautiful Mate, I think you should send them up to April and I'll get them from her!:):):):):)

-al

2075turner
10-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah Rod,

Where's the Canadian shipment that I have been waiting for????:confused: LOL:p

Nice looking Fishies:thumbsup:

Evelyn:)

April
10-20-2008, 01:11 PM
lol well..i think the aussies snag them all before me. : ) maybe one of these days again..if he gets a major load .
im sure theres fish over here he;d like to snag also..and cant. : )
grass is always greener on the other side. lol. but..his fish are amazing.

2075turner
10-20-2008, 05:09 PM
April,

Believe it or not, still waiting on getting me some blue turks, lol:)

Rod
10-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Rod,
Those albino intermediates are beautiful Mate, I think you should send them up to April and I'll get them from her!:):):):):)

-al

Thanks Al, i'm really pleased with them as well. I have the next generation growing up now, i'll post some pics when they grow out a bit. :)

Yeah Rod,

Where's the Canadian shipment that I have been waiting for????:confused: LOL:p

Nice looking Fishies:thumbsup:

Thanks Evelyn, I don't breed anywhere near as many discus as i once did and just don't have enough specimens to make a shipment worthwhile for you guys. If i can talk April into coming to Aquarama with me next year, i'll slip some nice ones in her luggage for you...lol. With the way the world economy is at the moment, and the huge increase in imported discus costs to Australia(our $ has lost nearly .30) in the last couple of months i may change my import room into a growout room again. :D

lol well..i think the aussies snag them all before me. : ) maybe one of these days again..if he gets a major load .
im sure theres fish over here he;d like to snag also..and cant. : )
grass is always greener on the other side. lol. but..his fish are amazing.

Yes, very true April. So many nice discus in Nth America, but if i was there i would be even more fish crazy i think. You have fish available, that are only a dream to an aussie. Our laws are so tough, we are very restricted as too what we can keep.

2075turner
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Well Rod,

There was always that idea of a visit from you wasn't there???:):D

Sure there would be enough room in that bag???:):D

Take care, Evelyn:D

April
10-21-2008, 11:49 PM
come to aquarama evelyn. : ) thats the hope..but rod..whos gonna babysit the fish while we are at the show? i thought of that..but..we;d have to have a blowup tank. lol.
im working on singsing.

2075turner
10-22-2008, 12:14 AM
come to aquarama evelyn. : ) thats the hope..but rod..whos gonna babysit the fish while we are at the show? i thought of that..but..we;d have to have a blowup tank. lol.
im working on singsing.

What is Aquarama April? Must be a west coast thing, lol. Really I don't know what that is. I will try and google it.

2075turner
10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Ha Ha April,

You funny lady, lol. Singapore is a little bit to far for me. I think that I might have a better chance at getting Rod over to Canada, lol.

April
10-22-2008, 12:23 PM
ok..back to the sales thread..anyone in oz who needs some beautiful discus..those are the ones. : )

pcsb23
10-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Very nice Rod. Love the turk.

ashaysathe
10-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Homebred albino golden melon intermediate females, about 18 months old, good layers. $200, several to choose from. Sorry no males available.

These truly are amazing. We should figure out a way to get them to us.

CARY_GLdiscus
10-23-2008, 01:18 PM
VERY VERY nice!

stevebris
11-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Rod, nice fish mate!
Very interested in some!
Sent a PM

ashaysathe
11-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Rod and Steve - u guys following the latest test match goin on in India?
Man - Sachin scored a gr8 100.. I watched it.

for others - this is about cricket match between India vs Aus in India.And. India is 1 up..

Rod
11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Rod and Steve - u guys following the latest test match goin on in India?
Man - Sachin scored a gr8 100.. I watched it.

for others - this is about cricket match between India vs Aus in India.And. India is 1 up..

Hey Ashay,

Listened to bits of the test series on the radio mate, you guys are doing extremely well. :) The little master Sachin is greatly respected here in Australia. Every aussie bowler would dearly love to take his wicket, he is the man to beat.

Rod :)

Eddie
11-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Hey Rod, wicked youngins! I wish I could get a hold of some of them. You ship to Okinawa????:D

I know we go out to Australia for training missions every once in a while. I haven't been yet so I don't know where they go but when they go next, I'll have to coordinate some Discus Logistics!

Eddie

Rod
11-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey Rod, wicked youngins! I wish I could get a hold of some of them. You ship to Okinawa????:D

I know we go out to Australia for training missions every once in a while. I haven't been yet so I don't know where they go but when they go next, I'll have to coordinate some Discus Logistics!

Eddie

Thanks Eddie,

Mate, if you are ever out this way you are more than welcome to drop by. But make sure you check the Japanese import rules first. As far as the Australian government is concerned we can export any non native species without any drama's. It really depends on Japan and the import rules, if they need a health cert they are easily obtained through our aqis department and i'd be happy to organize that for you.

Rod

Eddie
11-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh no my man, If I can get on that trip I'd be flying organic. Meaning we'd be on our own plane. Zero customs really, they just come on our planes on landing to do a quick check but nothing in depth. :D

Roxanne
11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Wow.......did Rod mention that you get a free Roxanne with every discus you buy from him?...........:D

Eddie
11-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Really, he didn't say anything about that. I'll take a dozen then! :D

Roxanne
11-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Ok I'll set up a cloning tank....Seriously, God would cry if there was 1 dozen of me!!

:D:D:D

Rod
11-17-2008, 07:05 PM
LOL, well that made me laugh!

But i'll have to decline your most generous offer, i'm not certain but my missus would prob have something to say. Or at least raise an eyebrow!! effect is the same. I already have far too many hobbies.....Anyway i'm sure it would not be allowed no matter how many Roxannes i may have wanted. :D

Roxanne
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM
hee haw ;)

Rod, you still have those discus for sale? And, do you ship to Sydney- of course I'd pay the shipping?

Rox

stevebris
11-18-2008, 02:47 AM
Roxanne,
I have bought some of Rod's discus recently, and will 100% vouch for quality and condition! :D:D:D

Roxanne
11-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up stevebris;)....as blonde as I am I have come to realise actually through the wisdom of Larry, that if you don't get a well bred discus you're going to have problems....It's not really much different to dogs in the sense that a backyard breeder will usually not discern that their pet is not necessarily going to produce as strong an offspring as say a selectively bred animal which has had the "defects" such as hip displasia bred out of them. You pay more for the animal from the breeder, but at least you're not spending all that extra money getting hips fixed, heart murmurs monitored etc etc. I think it was Larry who said he culls his lesser stock? Whoever said it, the truth is, this is a really good way of making sure people don't get stuck with a runty fish that gets sick at the first sign of stress & they need to spend a fortune on, in that light, who minds paying a bit extra? Not me!

:)

Rod
11-18-2008, 04:45 PM
hee haw ;)

Rod, you still have those discus for sale? And, do you ship to Sydney- of course I'd pay the shipping?

Rox

Well i have pretty well sold them all, other than a group i have aside for a fellow simply member this weekend. But there is another batch not too far away, and a lovely brown type and some golden melons which will be ready at about the same time. Anyway, i'll post another advert when they are right to go.

Roxanne,
I have bought some of Rod's discus recently, and will 100% vouch for quality and condition! :D:D:D

Thanks Steve :) :) Glad they are doing well for you.

Roxanne
11-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Cool..I'll wait.. I get dibs OK?;) Mate? ;)Please? ;)Mate? ;):D:D

April
11-18-2008, 09:10 PM
geez..rod..your getting even in greater demand than when the canucks were demanding fish..even being offered free roxannes. lol. all i was able to offer was a free moose. lol.
he does have great fish..

Rod
11-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Cool..I'll wait.. I get dibs OK?;) Mate? ;)Please? ;)Mate? ;):D:D LOL , ok i'll let you know when they are ready.

geez..rod..your getting even in greater demand than when the canucks were demanding fish..even being offered free roxannes. lol. all i was able to offer was a free moose. lol.
he does have great fish..

Don't under estimate the moose, he's a favourite in the household. My niece and granddaughter love him, nice fur. Can you see we got him a mate...lol. :D

Roxanne
11-19-2008, 09:12 AM
...may I just interject here....basshead made it sound like he had a lear jet on 24hr standby...:o

and... what's a canuck??

April
11-19-2008, 01:15 PM
a canuck is a canadian. : ) me.
heh is that australian customs dog gonna send that moose back to canada? cute.

Roxanne
11-19-2008, 05:39 PM
oo, that makes me part canuck!!! My grandmother was French Canadian!!!:):)

Eddie
11-19-2008, 08:30 PM
LOL, I think this thread has gone way of topic. :o

Eddie

Sorry Rod :)

Rod
11-20-2008, 05:55 AM
LOL, I think this thread has gone way of topic. :o

Eddie

Sorry Rod :)

Hey, no worries here Eddie. All in good fun i am sure :)

But i will point out there are still some homebred agmi's available if anyone wants some breeder size female discus. :) :)

Roxanne
11-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Gonna sound like a canuck here....Whats a agmi?:confused:

Rod
11-20-2008, 03:19 PM
acronym for albino golden melon intermediate. Basically it describes the genes involved in the discus i have for sale. To look at the discus in person, you would be forgiven for thinking they are brown discus...

Roxanne
11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
If they are the ones you've got in the shot in the first part of this thread, the ones that look an orange kind of colour, I'll take 2 females...What do I do next??:)

Rod
11-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Roxanne, pm sent

dat_christy
09-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Homebred turquoise for sale, 5cm, swam 4/9/08. $20. Father: German import. Mother: Homebred. Pickup Tingalpa.

Hey Rod, are you the same Rod Lewis fom Tingalpa? Can you give me your number so can organise a time to have a look at your fish.

Rod
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Yep, same fellah. 0405 253 533

Cooldadddyfunk286
09-22-2009, 07:37 PM
awesome Rod! I really like the golden melon intermediates, awesome shape. the turks are great too!:D

take care mate ;):p

Rod
10-18-2009, 05:56 PM
yep ...chasing anything different here in perth.... things a pretty dismal over here when it comes to discus

pm sent

Willie
11-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Rod's fish have always had the most beautiful shape. I get to go to Australia 2 - 3 times a year, to Sydney and Melbourne, but that's still leaves me about 3,000 miles away from his fishery!

Willie :mad:

Rod
11-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Rod's fish have always had the most beautiful shape. I get to go to Australia 2 - 3 times a year, to Sydney and Melbourne, but that's still leaves me about 3,000 miles away from his fishery!

Willie :mad:

Hi Willie, only 650 miles from Sydney mate. 10 hours drive, or 1 hour in a plane :D I can pick you up from the airport.....lol. You have seen the rest, now see the best. Queensland is the place to be! :D

Willie
11-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm getting closer, Rod. Maybe next year I'll manage a trip up to Queensland your fishery.

Willie

hedut
11-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow, I like second post at second pic she just look awesome:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

antox
06-05-2011, 03:54 AM
hi there rod just wondering i live in brisbane not too far from where you are and i know your post was years ago but I was wondering if you still sell discus?

Rex82
06-05-2011, 06:06 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?88702-June-2011-FTZ-shipment

Thats where you need to look mate, Rod has stacks of fish for sale. Quality is awsome as well.

stasio
01-13-2012, 09:00 PM

Do you still have any of the striped discus as per the first pic available and are they also $20 ?

Stan from Hervey Bay

Jimbo73
01-18-2012, 06:28 AM
This thread is 4 years old mate . Rod still sells discus and he can be contacted through this site . Cheers Jamie