PDA

View Full Version : Aquabid.com?

aquadiva
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Is Aquabid a good place to purchase Discus if the person has good feedback?

wgtaylor
10-19-2008, 09:55 AM
There are some nice discus being sold on aquabid, some Simplydiscus sponsors sell there too. I would recommend asking for a picture of the actual fish you are bidding on though. Bill

Lee C
10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I would recommend the sponsors on Simply first......some are on aquabid also for maximum marketing of quality fish.
Always communicate with the seller of discus...you don't want sick or bad bloodlines to start with. Get 4 inch or larger if you can so you don't have to be concerned with runts.
I sell my guppies on aquabid and my feedback is 502/502. Customer satisfaction is my main concern...
Be very picky with your discus, shape, eye size, etc. If you get them directly from a breeder in the USA, like Dan E. or from a reputable importer like Hans, Kenny, or Codiscus, your odds are increased for success!
I have purchased from 3 of the above with great satisfaction....alll sponsors here.
Good luck!
Lee:angel:

aquadiva
10-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Thank you both for replying to my question. :fish:

hag
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
i haven't got any discus but i've bout plants there. fantastic nice plants for cheep!

terps
10-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Is Aquabid a good place to purchase Discus if the person has good feedback?

Like always, it depends on the seller. Try to get pictures of the actual fish being sold. Also ask if you can visit the seller to see the fish in person.

dpt8
10-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Sometimes a sponsor or two from here will post on Aquabid, but I would buy directly from a sponsor here.. Sometimes our sponsors will give you a little break if they know you are from Simply BUT most importantly, you know you will be recieving healthy discus. Even if I saw a sponsor of ours posting an auction on Aquabid for discus i would contact them directly.. Why take a big chance ??

rickztahone
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
im sure the OP bought the fish by now seeing as this post is over a year old

mmorris
11-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Important question, interesting discussion so...

discus 316
12-24-2009, 10:49 AM
:bandana: I never buy anything that I cant see in person!!

David Rose
12-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Some sponsors from SD sell on Aquabid such as Snookn21 (http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?disp&viewseller&Snookn21). Some of our hobbyiest as well, but it is good to get pictures and research regardless.

Jhhnn
12-24-2009, 10:55 PM
:bandana: I never buy anything that I cant see in person!!

It's OK to look at it that way. OTOH, my initial experience with Kenny's Discus was so overwhelmingly positive that I did it again, and will likely do so in the future with no trepidation whatsoever.

Nobody's perfect, of course, but Al holds our sponsors to high standards, and they hold up their end of it or they won't stay sponsors for long.